SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Reshipping scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TrollyLolly999
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone, this is my first post and not so much a tale of baiting, but I though you guys would get a kick out of it.

Earlier today I relieved an email from a reshipping scammer with a job offer that was special for me (oh boy!). Since it was obviously a scam and there was no way to bait them, I just filed a report with the Postal Inspection Service.

On the report form, the USPIS has a box for the scammer's address. There wasn't one in the email, but I did have their website, and "Rebecca" had told me to call her back within 24 hours using what appears to be a real North American phone number. So it might be worth a shot to see if her website has more on it's contact page.

Going to "Rebecca's" website was well worth the risky click. Not only is the company obviously fake (among other things, all of the links at the bottom of the page link directly to theirdomain/404, including "LOGO IMAGE"), but their contact page does in fact have an address.

It turns out that not only is "Rebecca" scamming people into helping her commit fraud, she is also fraudulently using someone else's address. Google doesn't have the name of the organization who operates 1906 4th St. NE, Washington, D.C., but streetview reveals that it is owned by none other than the United States Postal Service.

Wherever "Rebecca" may be, I hope that the Postal Inspectors find her. I'm sure their welcome will be warm.
Palmergeddon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, do you mind posting the website link here? We can investigate it and try to take it offline.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic