SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist new scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
edteach2u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I put a few things up for sale on CL. I got a Text saying my wife is very interested in this can you send an email to her at her email? Strange, why can't you do it, also he says his name is Thomas and her email is JoyceThomas so his name is Thomas Thomas? Is this a scam to get my email?
Purple
Stunt Goat

Location: Yeah - like you're going to believe anything I say ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It’s just to get a response – once they know you’ll do that, they can take the scam further

If your real details are on CL, better to leave it alone

There are plenty of scammers on https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 to play with if you are so inclined, but in your case in particular, I’d recommend you first get a mentor who will show you the ropes - https://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

No offence – but it seems you have a lot to learn about how the various scams work, and we’d recommend a mentor to most beginners anyway.

"dont u know ur wife is in my bed mate u thief"
"Now I confirm you are a stupid bloody foolish man"

edteach2u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Removed unnecessary quote of the previous post to keep reading transitions smooth. - bware419ers

Got it thanks.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The email may be a combination of the wife and husband's name.
The person that responded to your CL ad may not be a scammer.

I placed one CL ad and found that half of the responses were from scammers. A few of the others were really odd. One wanted me to drive my car over a hundred miles away so that they could look at it, another wanted me to guarantee the car for three years and one lady forced me to recharge the credits on my burner phone due to the vast number of senseless text messages and calls over the car. The lady was running an unsuccessful massage business over the internet and even when I said that I was not interested in massages continued her sales pitch. She asked that I meet her in what turned out to be an alley. When I texted her to tell her how creepy the alley looked on Googlemaps she said that is where her mechanic worked. The last straw was when she said she would pay for the car with weekly massages. Unfortunately the phone service was so basic that I could not block her contact and had to manually cut off her calls until the car was sold.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A massage service that works in alleys? Exactly what was she planning to massage? Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic