SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sugar Daddy Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
daddybaiter69
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone. On August 6th, a man found me on a dating app and offered to join in a romantic relationship with me and pay me to be his companion. I texted the phone number he gave me and almost immediately he sent me a check for $1,850, which arrived about a week later. The package was addressed from a non existent business in Baltimore, but the check was addressed from the Coordinated Resources Inc. of San Francisco. The check was signed by "Ray Norwalk", which is who the scammer claimed to be. I cashed this check at my bank account and was told by the scammer to immediately transfer $1,500 of the funds from the check to "seyifun obatala" via walmart to walmart. The next day I got a notification from my bank saying the deposit was put on hold, likely due to the fact that the check is fraudulent. I told the scammer, who had been harassing me consistently through text, that the deposit was held and I could not perform the walmart to walmart money transfer. He then proceeded to threaten me and tell me that he will "find me" and that he "wishes me death". I immediately blocked his number and told my bank to stop the hold of the check and detach it from my account, due to it being fraudulent. I am very concerned because this scammer has my address, name, and phone number. I have the scammer's phone number, screenshots of our entire conversation, and pictures that the scammer sent me of himself (which could obviously be fake). Any help with this frightening situation would be greatly appreciated.
Padme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

daddybaiter69 welcome to eater. Sorry to hear that you were targeted by a scammer. This is what's called an over payment scam. It works exactly as you described. A scammer sends you a check and, while you're waiting for the check to clear, the scammer asks you to send them part or all of the money via an untraceable method (western union, iTunes / Amazon giftcards, etc.). You were right to block this person's number. There is very little chance he would track you down, likely he's just moved on to his next potential victim.

Please visit our sister site, h ttp://scamwarners.com. It is intended for scam victims and there you can get a lot of support and information.

ETA... locking as this is also being discussed here: https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296751

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic