SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Crypto Ponzi scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
KingKets
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi fellow baiters,

Does anyone have experience in baiting Cryptocurrency Ponzi schemes?
Can they at all be baited?

They operate in classic ponzi schemes, via MLM networks...
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hmmm, I'm not sure about that.

since a victim has to pay upfront in order to make money, it would qualify as some sort of advance fee fraud (but in a wide definition).

but I'm not sure how to bait. maybe by expressing interest in their service, and then delay stuff...

the big problems in that style of baiting.

it's MLM, that would qualify as one scammer and a horde of mules, who are victims themselves, but need to get other victims in order to earn money.

and if you receive bitcoins, etc, this would qualify as cashbaiting.

I'd stay away from them.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
KingKets
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thx RH, they are also not your 1 braincelled lad asking for WU.
From what I've seen and investigated they are actually millionaires, setting up ponzi after ponzi after ponzi...

crf Ruja Ignatova

Would be awesome to take some on, but I have the same concerns regarding "how to bait" and "how to make sure no innocent people get involved"

Will keep my hands from this for now, but if any of you have a plan please PM me I'm hyper-motivated LOL Razz

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What style of Ponzi is it? Does the original scammer (that is, whoever set the scheme up in the first place) personally recruit new members, or does he/she rely on early adopters to do the proselytising for him/her? If the former is the case, then perhaps you could get in touch with the head scammer and tell them that you are an influential member of the Bitcoin Talk (or similar) forums; you will promote their scheme for them and bring in plenty of new 'investors' (read: mass bait).

If the latter is the case, then things get rather greyer since, although they might turn a profit before it all collapses, the early adopters could still technically be victims/ITPs. Also, if the head scammer is the hands-off type, the scheme is probably website-only and fully-automated; either put your money in or sod off. In those cases, there's probably no meaningful contact between the scam's promoters and the scam's low-level victims/recruiters to speak of. This makes baiting very hard, though you could maybe go for a site kill in this case.

Not that I want to be 'that guy', but I thought we didn't go after HYIPs these days?

"You should go hug a transformer for una village." - Mr. Johnson L Mensah
Lord
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@KingKets PM me if you want. I am highly informed about ponzi as one of my closed friends was involved in one of ponzi schemes. So I can help somewhat.

It was really hard to get her out.

WELL THAT IS YOUR BUSINESS OLD FOOL GO AND ASK YOUR FUCKING STINKING OLD PUPSY MUGU GREEN BASTARD. - Mr David Mark
"I will fight with my last blood to make someone else the beneficiary of this fund. I never know you both are this stupid" UBA Bank fun with partyworm.
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here. This isn't something we really deal with as AFF.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you find a fake site and have the evidence that it is involved in a scam, then post it in Fake Banks (or on the AA419 forum). Although it isn't something that Eater deals with AA419 will add the sites to their DB and report them.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Lord Ebola
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, I'm new here but since I know a bit about cryptocurrencies(CCs) I wanted to chip in this to add something.

In my opinion, to this day all big crypto ponzi scams are usually new ICOs or shady CC exchanges that are hyped in some online communities to get a sizable initial investment and inflate the price of a new CC. Then the scammer crash it's own CC or leave with all the money deposited to the exchange overnight, leaving the victims empty handed. This is also kinda hard to detect because they usually are pretty professionnal for scammers, having believable projects and websites, those we usually know are scammers after the fact and might be next to impossible to bait. Real ponzis, where initial investors are remunarated with new investor's money are rare in crypto from what I know. Pyramids schemes might be a little bit easier to spot though...

The other thing that I see being problematic in baiting those kind of scams is that they probably are being run by experienced cyber-criminals. I think they usually have pretty good understanding of the technologies they are scaming with and all the internet ecosystem, making the risks involved in messing with them higher than your average "Windows Level 8 Certified Technician".

This reddit thread <Link removed. As you stated, these may or may not be scams. We require evidence they are.-bware419ers> has a good list of POTENTIAL pyramid or ponzi scams. Be very wary and investigate carefuly as they are not necessarily scams, like I said it can be very difficult to determine the real intentions of the owners of some CCs projects, especially when having a "Scambaiting" mindset.

The thing that is sure though, CCs are gaining a lot of traction and becoming more and more mainstream, so I would not be surprised if scams involving them become more obvious as the involvement needed to profit from them will go down with the increase of the potential victim pool. So keep your eyes peeled!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was the victim of a scam by a guy named name removed -Padme through a website, he stole my bank details and I do not want anyone else to fall into those traps.
Padme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've removed the name as we don't allow people to post names/numbers/emails and other identifying information without evidence of the scam. That said, as bware419ers pointed out, this isn't the sort of scam that we deal with here.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
Noah115
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I'm usually pretty resourceful! I may be new to this community, but I have been doing this for a while. Just get me some contact information, and I will give it a crack! ;P
Padme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I wrote previously this isn't something we deal with here. Locking.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic