SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help needed for Thailand

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sardine2510
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After many years, I'm back...

For the past day we have been going back and forth with a couple who are trying to scam a woman in Thailand. The woman being scammed is a friend who turned to us because she doesn't understand English very well. Luckily she doesn't have a lot of money so will only be left with a broken heart.

They reached out to this woman randomly in FB messenger and the love "blossomed".

The guy "sent" her two days ago from "London" a box with an iphone, 20K USD, jewelry and a handbag.

Of course, arrived after two days and is now with the local "forwarding agent" who needs a bank transfer of 800 USD in order to free the package and deliver it to her.

We have the following details collected over the past 24 hours:

Thai Bank account number
    Name on the bank account (local thai national - female)
    Apparently real facebook with the name on the bank account
    Thai phone number of "forwarding agent" (local thai national - female)
    Thai phone number of "forwarding agent" (man speaking English)
    Fake facebook account used for scam

The scammers have:

Her FB page
    Her phone number
    Her physical address

We called the Thai Technology Crime Suppression Division and explained in Thai the situation.

We were told since no money was transferred, there is no complaint that can be lodged as no damage has been borne by the victim. Rolling Eyes

We asked if we did transfer the 800 USD, and didn't get the goods, could we then lodge a complaint. He suggested that this is not a good thing to do. Laughing

Advice?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Sardine!

From what you wrote, I'm hoping that your friend hasn't sent any money. Phew!

Your friend should not worry about the "local agent". There is no parcel with valuable content, and it's unlikely there is an accomplice in Thailand who would harrass her if she stopped contact with the scammer. Is she sure it's a real Thai phone number she has been given, and not a forwarding service?

Good thing you have got the details of the fraudulent bank account. We can get it closed. Just send everything you have got in a PM to one of our moderators, their names appear in green.

The other details - phone, Facebook etc. - would best be posted on our sister site, Scamwarners; the link is on top of every page here. This would be a great help for future victims who have doubts about their "lover" and start to Google his details.

Please say Hello to your friend, I'm so sorry that she has been abused by this scammer.

Sardine2510
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, she doesn't have the kind of money they are asking for so no worries on that end.

We are fairly certain that there is an accomplice in Thailand because the initial call stating that the package had arrived was from a Thai female. Subsequent calls have been from a man speaking English. I assume it could be like this story: http://www.pulse.ng/gist/scam-master-nigerian-man-thai-wife-arrested-in-bangkok-for-defrauding-marriage-seeking-women-id5500329.html

You may be saying that the chances that they would harass her are small. I assume they to be the case so long as they don't get that this victim is the reason their account is shit down.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Authorities in South East Asia aren't known for their competence in dealing with Cyber Crimes (not even in a developed country like Singapore)

"I JUST WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TELL YOU THAT I MYSELF WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WITHOUT ANY QUESTION FROM ANY OFFICE IN THE WORLD" Martial Emile
"na God go punish ur hustle guy for wasting my time" Sir John Anthony
"After all the stress, look at what you are saying,thanks for wasting my precious time and if you care to know your deposit would have made my Hospital upgraded now you have brought shame and disgrace to me. Thanks a lot for the disappointment, God bless and reward you to what you done to me" Dr Salami
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, in theory it's possible. But these scammers spend their time and energy to get money. I'm hoping they wouldn't waste time on revenge.

Padme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
They reached out to this woman randomly in FB messenger and the love "blossomed".

That sucks.

Quote:
Of course, arrived after two days and is now with the local "forwarding agent" who needs a bank transfer of 800 USD in order to free the package and deliver it to her.

That probably is a local lad's Thai girlfriend. There is a pretty robust network of lads and accomplices in Thailand sadly.

Quote:
Thai Bank account number
Name on the bank account (local thai national - female)
Apparently real facebook with the name on the bank account
Thai phone number of "forwarding agent" (local thai national - female)
Thai phone number of "forwarding agent" (man speaking English)
Fake facebook account used for scam

^ Please send those details via PM to any moderator (usernames in Green) here.

Quote:
Her FB page
Her phone number

She should block him from facebook. You don't say how long they were talking but you mention love "blossoming" If she has sent him any compromising pictures of herself, he could threaten to blackmail her with them. These are usually (though not always) empty threats. In any case, her best, and only real option is to block him from making any contact. If she's worried about him sending nasty things to her facebook friends she can disable her facebook (accounts that are user disabled have the option of being re-enabled later or she could make a new facebook).

Quote:
Her physical address

Since she never paid and doesn't have means it's unlikely that anyone would invest the time and risk of a visit. More likely after the completely breaks contact, they'll move on to their next mark.

Lastly, please encourage her to visit scamwarners.com, especially if she is still not completely understanding that this was a scam. You can also post the scammers details (his phone, facebook, stolen pictures) there so that maybe the next would-be victim will see him listed and avoid being conned.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I cannot emphasize enough the advice, directly above. We're a site dedicated to scam baiting. While we are not counselors, professional or otherwise, the advice to block the scammers is spot on. Visit Scamwarners.com for support and further guidance. They are better equipped to help and advise in this situation. Further, as Padme said, posting the lad's information there will help prevent further success.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Cherrie
** Mentoring Guru **

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeeze!!! The way I see it:

1st You are going to have a hell of a job convincing her that she is being scammed:(

I don't know if this is the Thai mentality...but it happens to be true.

The advice given in the previous posts are sound, and given through many years of experience.

Unfortunately Scammers are still 'Alien' to the Royal Thai Police, who adpot the attitude that " If money hasn't exchanged hands....then no crime has been committed"

Please take the advice posted above...and good luck:)

We will all be interested in what happens.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

pony pony pony
Mortar x153
Romanis
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheScamHater wrote:
Authorities in South East Asia aren't known for their competence in dealing with Cyber Crimes (not even in a developed country like Singapore)

I would disagree. Singapore does have an Act to deal with online crimes.
But I get what you mean about the law. The police only act if a crime has been committed or is just about to.
Plus you need the victim to lodge a report not a 33rd party.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic