SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Straight Baiting - 101

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Purple
Stunt Goat

Location: Yeah - like you're going to believe anything I say ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This one’s about done (bar the shouting) - so I’ll post it up now, and add to it if needed.

It serves to show how initially boring a straight bait can be, but with a little imagination, you can turn it around in your favour later on ……

Week One: Like a moth to the flame ……

I responded to a scam mail posted in “Surplus Letters”, thanks to whoever posted it, it’s been somewhat torturous for both me and the scammer – (mostly because it taking me ages to get him off script).

“Blah blah blah – 14 million - Blah blah blah – absolute risky free - Blah blah blah – keep this between ourselves OK” – you know the routine ……

The lad suggested I send an email to the bank of mugu, claiming my inheritance, so naturally, being a helpful soul I agreed. I did point out that it would take 1400 transfers of 10k each to avoid detection, but this didn’t phase him as he still had his nose stuck in the script. Some of highlights were – “the Brussels terror attacks, in Trafalgar Square in central London, March 24, 2016.”, and “FOURTEEN MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUND STEALING” – his words, not mine.

Meanwhile, the bank of mugu shifted around between Lagos and London, and the little old lady (which was my character), shifted around between England and Scotland. I told him I didn’t have a phone because I could never reach it in time, and didn’t hold with all this “mobile nonsense” as I could never understand the things. When the bank of mugu asked for my ID, I contacted the original scammer, and offered to get a photo-copy next time I was at the post office collecting my pension, and casually enquired “should I send it to the (false) address of the bank in London ?”

(There were two previous emails requesting ID, but I simply ignored the requests, and the script still continued – so what the heck)

Both the banks email, the originating email, and the Lagos depots email were all the same guy – so I knew that I had to throw him a curve ball or I’d fall asleep listening to “blah blah blah” day in and day out ….

If he wanted my ID scanned I could ask my son to do it next time he visited, but what would I tell my son I wanted it for ? – it had expired in 2013. (I had a bus pass up my sleeve at this point, but was determined not to play it as we never give the lads any form of ID they can use in future scams – not even bus passes).

So I wrote –
Quote:

“I surrendered my passport when it expired some years ago, and I’m too old to travel abroad now anyway. But I have managed to find my old ID card from a few years back after much searching”

“If you think the nice people at the bank will accept this (it has my name and photograph on it), then next time I go to the post office I can get it photocopied and send it. Should I post it to the bank address they gave ?
Mr. Mark Hileery
FOREIGN OPERATIONS
NATWEST BANK PLC INTERNATIONAL
Office: 23 MARKET STR,
CAMBRIDGE,CB2 3PA,UNITED KINGDOM

The only problem with it is that it expired in 2013 – do you think they would mind ?

I hope you don’t mind me asking all these questions, but I don’t want to make a mistake. It all sounds so official.”

Surely he’d have to think about his reply this time – but no, he missed the point completely, told me it didn’t matter if it had expired, and to go ahead and post it with my reply to the bank.

Of course, “posting” something as far as the lad was concerned meant as an attachment – to the little old lady, it meant by snail mail - so she does as she’s told, sticks a first class stamp on it, and posts it to the address given on the email in Cambridge ……

Now the lad has a problem – either he sticks to the scripts, which are at least in a recognisable language, ignoring the issue of ID – or he breaks cover, with all the attendant spelling mistakes.

(To be continued) …….

"dont u know ur wife is in my bed mate u thief"
"Now I confirm you are a stupid bloody foolish man"

Purple
Stunt Goat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Week Two: The game’s afoot …….

The bank of mugu gets back to the little old lady, suggesting that despite the fact she hadn’t sent her ID as she’d promised, they would refer her to the Barrister, who would supply the remaining documents – enter Barrister “Daisy” Duke (as I call him). A friendly character who said that he needed a few details to work out the (inevitable) costs involved.

So – I wrote back to him, suggesting that he contacted the bank of mugu who referred me to him in the first place – well, that got him off script alright, though I suspected he was just being lazy …

Quote:

Since you claim to be the Next of King of this funds.

Please kindly provide this office with this requested information code to get the complete document issue out and present to the Bank.

This is how it goes sometimes – a long drawn out process before you even get near to having some fun with them. I just wanted to know how much, and who to send the money to, but you have to be patient sometimes ……..

But I have some fun planned. First, there is mugu #one, who wrote the intro letter, and purports to be in the loop with the bank of mugu. We can safely assume they are one and the same person, or at least, in close contact with each other.

Then we have the Barrister – “Daisy Duke” as I like to call him. Off script, this guy is a bastard to deal with – so let’s try and cut him out of the deal - (he’s no fun anyway) …….

Barrister “Daisy Duke” replies
Quote:

I acknowledge the information you sent. Below is the cost for documentation:

Attestation: £120GBP

Registration/Affirmation: £150GBP

Affidavit of Death Certificate:£115GBP

Judicial Approval Declaration fee (0.03%): £1,500GBP

Claim Qualification Certificate: £980GBP

Application/DC fee: £160GBP

Total in British Pounds stealing £3025GBP.

Since you were directed to us by NAT WEST BANK UNITED KINGDOM , we give you the privilege of not collecting our professional charge till the conclusion of your work since we cannot at this point determine the volume of work we are to do for you.

All you need to pay is the fees for the documentation as stated above.

I advise you send the money through Money Gram Money Transfer or Western Union .Via Our Bannk account.

If you send the money today, I will get it today. On receipt of the money it will take 48hrs to get the documents ready.

You should send the money directly with my secretary¢s name below:

After the transfer, you forward me with the transfer information for collection.

If you will want to pay the documentation fees throw bank, inform me and I will give you bank account information to pay in the fees.

I will draft and submit the various applications while I await the money.

Hey – he started all this “British Pounds stealing” bit – but it does serve to indicate that mugu #1 is still on the scene. So, mugu #1 is in fact the Barrister ? – (Jesus H, and I thought he was my mate ! ) …..

So Sal sends this to mugu #one …..

Quote:

Dear Mr Kenneth

Oh dear, I’m not sure I like this Barrister Duke the bank has referred me to at all. He sounds so official, and can be quite rude at times.

He called me “Sir” when we first conversed, and some of his conversations since I’ve found quite brusque. My late husband, the Colonel, would have had him up on a fizzer for that before he could have even reached for his wig you know. My husband would never have stood for any nonsense of that sort. I do miss him so.

Do you have any influence on the bank, or perhaps you could recommend another Barrister who is more of a gentleman ? – this “Duke” person does seem so expensive, and he’s asking for 500 pounds more than I have in my savings account.

Other than that, it’s all going splendidly

Warmest regards
Sally

By now of course, I have “Daisy” by the short and curlies, with the option of running the WU v2 on him, or simply going for the piggy.

Purple
Stunt Goat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Week Three: Hook, line, and sinker ……

There is no rhyme or reason to this, it takes as long as it takes. Rushing to reply means you may be missing a trick, so sit back, and think. The lad is sitting there thinking about what he’s going to spend your money on, and as long as his mind is on that, you have all the time in the world ….

Never hurry a good meal.

If you’re not sure on the direction it should take, let the lad decide – ask him – let him come up with the idea - that way, it’s all his fault if it goes wrong (and don’t forget to tell him so)

So – back to mugu #one – it started with him after all – let’s see what he has to say …..

Quote:

Dear Madam,

I got your mail and I hope this meets you well. I saw your mail you FWD I believe came from the lawyer.

Thanks for the update. I know that we have to pay for the documents as I told you early that we may be required to make some financially commitment, but I know is not more than the two of us can handle.

So in aspect the lawyer in which the Bank has refer you to, it,s will be of my own option that we just make use of him instead of looking for another one, which i believe will look very more suspicious to the bank.

And also would also advice that you just over look down on his behavior and don’t call him for now, only send email to him as for my own advice so i would be able to read his response to you and write you back on advice with the fit back as a response to give to him so there would be any missed order or issue on the contrary to resolve this matter.

First, I most confess that you have a very high and good spirit and faith on this deal.

Things have just gone as planned, I am happy that I contacted you. For the fees, just know that you are not in this alone so I do not expect you to bear the cost alone. We have to work on the money because I cannot afford £3,025GBP right now.

I have check what I have on me now, and when converted will amount to £2,000GBP. I have a cousin who is a business man base in Ghana and I have credited his account with my bank here with my £2000 now and I have instructed him to send the total £2000 to the information the lawyer gave you through money gram or if it require a bank to bank transfer i will let you know to ask for the bank transfer information. get back to me with the wire information which I will send to you to FWD to the lawyer for collection.

You know that due to the nature of this deal, I can't make the drop myself to the lawyer and good a thing, my cousin is not the type that questions people's business.

I know and remember that you told me of your financially position, but if you still have a good spirit for this deal, nothing is to small.

Anything from you will help reduce the stress of my raising the whole money alone.

So, please arrange something on the balance of £1,025GBP from your side and send it too through money gram or western union and send the wire information to the lawyer and tell him that the balance will get to him as you are waiting for your business partner to make a payment of £2000 from Ghana.

As soon as I get the information’s from my cousin I will send it to you ok, while you try and arrange something from your side okay.

Try on your side to see that we meet up with the payment so that everything concerning these documents will be concluded and the money transferred to you account by this week.

From the lawyer's mail I understood that his service charge is not included in these fees, but he accepted your paying him when his job is done and which you know that only when the transfer money is confirmed in your account, you will know that his job is done and you will pay him from there.

I await your further instructions.

Thank you very much.

Yeah – it made my head spin as well, though the next one is thankfully shorter ……

Quote:

Dearest Sally,

Once again, Can you also keep me informed with how much total do you have on the order hand so i could give you advice on what to do and what to say to the lawyer via mail.

Please don’t call him as i have advice in my previous mail sent to you earlier. i have good reasons for that.

Only send email to him which will be more safer and i would be able to see your conversation with him so i could give you better legal advice on what to do and what to say.

Thank for your understanding.

Thank you very much.

Great - so now he's doing Elvis impressions (?) .....

Purple
Stunt Goat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So – mugu #one (the advisor), is also mugu #two, (the bank), and mugu #three (the barrister) - I think we’ll call him “Cerberus”

Anyway, to avoid further confusion, he can write to himself for a bit ………

Quote:

Dearest Kenneth

I am so glad to have you by my side in this matter, as I am already starting to become completely discombobulated by all of this. It’s the detail you see, I have never been good with details since the Colonel passed. My late husband used to deal with things like that.

It comes as a great relief that you have some funds to add to mine, I was so concerned that I would have let you down at the end.

I wonder if you could do me a great service Kenneth – could you tell me what to write to this Duke chappie next ? I’m afraid of making a mistake you see. I think that I send 1025.00 and tell him that the rest will be coming from another place, but I am so scared of saying the wrong thing.

In his last letter, Mr Duke said “You should send the money directly with my secretary¢s name below:” but there is no name below, would western union be familiar with his office, so should I send it there ?

Warmest regards
Sally

He replies in almost perfect English (now he’s back on the script) ….

Quote:

Dearest Sally,

I got your mail and I hope this mail meets you well.

I have just received the call from my cousin Mr Adrian from Ghana this morning.

Find below the wire information for £2000 made in two payments through Money Gram as the lawyer in his mail directed you to send to his secetary, which you FWD to me. Copy the transfer information and send to the lawyer now for collection.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..

Sender name: Mr Adrian
Sent From: Accra , Ghana .
Receiver name: Hugh Poo
Destination: 1049 Newfound Road Charlotte, NC,USA
Amount: £2000
1st Secret number: 8562xx92

2nd Secret number: 6458xx23
Question: best colour
Answer: Black
Date: 05/06/2017
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The money may not be for you, but is for me! Never you be negative on this deal again. Because, we are to pay £3.025.00 to get £14,500,000.00.

These efforts are just to make sure that we meet up with the documentation fees and get the money transferred to your account.

Send my £2000 wire information to the lawyer together with whatever balance of £1025.00 you have with you now

Please, inform me as soon as possible when he confirms receiving this money.

Thank for your understanding.

Thank you very much.
Dr Kenneth.

Never before have I seen a lad so happy to receive his own money ! – now all I have to do is to add mine – with a twist ….

The V2 security option - (it’s only an extra fiver after all, and it’s 100% risky free !)

Quote:

Hello Kenneth

I managed to get down to the bank this morning, and stopped in a shop that does western union on the way home and made all the arrangements. The woman in the shop told me to be careful, so I paid the extra five pounds for the secure line to make sure it gets there safely.

I have passed on your payment details to the Barrister, together with my own.

Thank you again for all your help, I simply couldn’t have done this without you, and I will let you know when we have the money

Yours
Sally

Now, we sit back, and wait for the howls of lad pain ……..

Purple
Stunt Goat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From “Daisy” Duke, the Barrister …..

Quote:

Attention Sally,

Be informed the money 2000 pounds from Money gram in Accra Ghana have been received by my secetary and would like you to be informed it,s you own duty to call the western union secure number you gave out o this mail to enter a code before the balance on the western union can be realese out.

You call them your self and get the right information with the western union Mtcn 10 digit number for comfirmation

So i await to see your swift responds to this matter.

He sounds grumpy …..

So Sally gets onto mugu #one

Quote:

Hello Kenneth

Oh Dear, Mr Duke sounds so upset, I thought I was sending the money to the Americas, and now the woman at the western office tells me the number I gave will only accept calls from abroad, something to do with, what did she call it, “security protocols” or something like that.

Is he in Cambridge ?

Shall I send him a cheque to that address ? I suppose that if the money is not collected it will be returned, but what if it is collected ? The number I gave to him is valid for seven days. Will he return my cheque ?

I don’t much like this Barrister chap at all Kenneth, he’s not as nice as you. I think it’s time we put our foot down, and tell him that if doesn’t know how to use the telephone, either I will send a cheque, or do some kind of bank transfer.

Meanwhile, I have tried to attach the receipt the western people sent to me – do you think he’s trying the wrong number ?

I am so angry at the Barristers attitude right now, so tired of trying to give him money when he refuses to even pick the telephone – do you know, his own number doesn’t even work ?

I’m going to bed now, I’ll contact you tomorrow

Faithfully yours
Sally

The file attached is a scan of the receipt from the western onion office, complete with the company logo, which includes all four of the v2 generated numbers. (If you ever have to send a file, remember to call it something appropriate – in this case, it’s called “Your receipt”)

As always, the ball is now in the lads hands – he leads, I just follow (or so he thinks)

There’s no telling what he’ll do at this point, but anything is worth a try …….

Purple
Stunt Goat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Dear Sally,

I received your mail, if you know you are making the payment to them ? Kindly send only the western Union Mtcn number directly to them immediatly for comfirmation.

Regards,
Md Teerry Mark.

Terry who ? – the cheeky bustard is two-timing me ! …..

Sally:
Quote:

Terry who ?

What are you doing in Kenneths email ?

Sally also writes to the Barrister (because v2 obviously isn’t going to work on this bait) ….

Quote:

Dear Mr Duke

I regret to inform you, that it is my sincerest belief that some of our email correspondence has been compromised, and as such, I will be withdrawing my western payment soonest.

Further to our business, please provide the bank account details attached to your office so that we can continue this matter, and I will authorise the transfer immediately.

My apologies for the inconvenience

Yours
Sally

Might as well go for a piggy at this point – miserable gits ……

Two minutes later -

Quote:

Dear Sally,

I received your mail, if you know you are making the payment to them ? Kindly send only the
western Union Mtcn number directly to them immediatly for comfirmation.

Regards,Md Teerry Mark and Barrister “Daisy” Duke over his assiatance to recure this funds into your bank account.

Yours faithfully,
MD Knneth Evans

Now I’ve got three people in the same email account ? – I dunno, you get such a low standard of lads these days …..

I go to bed at this point (shaking my head) – let’s hope the Marx brothers work it out between themselves in the morning …..

The next day:

Well – I had two strong cups of coffee, then checked my email

Nothing, nada - zip, zero, zilch

I doubt I’ll ever here from “Kenneth” again, but the bait wasn’t blown, (by me at least) – he did it to himself

Bad mugu ………..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic