SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

IRS Phone Scam from India - Please Help!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sam Adams
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new to this forum. Here is what happened.
In a hurry and very busy, I put my real phone number on a Craig's List ad so I could rent a room quickly to save $500. As a result, US based telemarketers called for a year until I figured out how to sue them myself. As I started to figure out how to sue them, I tipped my hat and they immediately stopped calling. The Indian call centers have continued though. My plan has been to harass them I got my chance a few days ago. They robo called posing as the IRS leaving a return phone number 844-347-2932. When I called back they told me I owed over $6000 in taxes to be paid within 1 hour or an arrest warrant will be issued. So, I strung them along on 3 separate times back to back. They must be getting many return calls and not have caller ID displayed. I fooled them 3 times in a row using different names. It was easy. I ate up their time and irritated them. In the end they were hanging up on me and swearing back a bit. I teased the guy, by giving him an irritating nickname. It appears as though only about 6 employees work at this location. I am hoping others will call and harass them. Use a google voice number! I played along on my computer map of different states as they gave me directions to a nearby Walmart, CVS, RiteAid, Etc. After a while when they thought I was at Walmart, the guy told me to buy nine $500 gift card and not to tell the employees of Walmart. When I got to the car in the parking lot, he told me to give him the numbers off the receipts. The whole time I just followed google maps and looked up a receipt on line. Of course when driving I had to put the phone down on my seat to avoid being stopped by the police. In reality, I went and did the dishes and left him hanging on the line.

I just don't have the time to call and beat up on these crooks. Also, they have my phone number and I would rather keep it, but I can ditch it if needed. Can anybody else help by calling and eating up their time. Please suggest any better ideas. Also, any ideas how to get them to stop calling my number without me changing my number?

I'll tell you, it was really fun calling and saying the guy's nickname as soon as he answered the phone. I would say, "Charlieeeeeeeeeeee, it's so good to hear your voice..." Only Charlie is not the name I used. I think it is a bit annoying to them when I give them a nickname. My goal has been to get them so annoyed they drop the F-bomb or hang up on me. They hung up several times, but I just called right back for about 3 hours. I can't give up much more time though. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! Please call them as well!!!

When I called them, I just said that the (robo) call voice message to me was too fast and that I could not write down the claim or ticket number they left me. And, that I just wanted to take care of the problem. Have an Address on hand when calling and have google maps opened to that location. Good luck!

Last edited by Sam Adams on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only way to bait them safely is with a phone number that cannot be traced to you, such as an unregistered cellphone. If they call you on your RL phone, hang up.

Welcome to Eater!

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We don't bait phone scammers such as IRS or Windows Support.

It is also not safe wasting their time using your RL phone number - they have been known to SWAT people who they decide are messing them around.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As mentioned above this kind of scam is outside the scope of 419eater which focuses on advance fee fraud (in which victims are asked to make advance or upfront payments for goods, services and/or financial gains that do not materialise).

As you've seen, once they have your number there's not much you can do to get them to stop ringing you. If you utterly cut them off it should die down eventually.

(Edited post after PM exchange with original poster - fh5)

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Continuing to mess with them with your real life number is likely to make them pass it on to other scammers and result in even more calls.

Stunt Goat

Location: Yeah - like you're going to believe anything I say ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It’s simply not worth it – some of these “call centers” have long arms

Unless you want a real life SWAT team on you, my advice would be to stop the bait now, and ignore any further calls

It sounds like fun – but with these guys, it isn’t …….

"dont u know ur wife is in my bed mate u thief"
"Now I confirm you are a stupid bloody foolish man"

bobbybobby
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://wavy.com/2014/09/16/police-irs-scammers-responsible-for-hoax-swat-call/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/02/10/frustrated-scammers-make-911-calls-swat-team-surrounds-victims-home/

"YOU ARE COMPLETELY A LUNATIC."

"PLEAS DO NOT SEND ANY OF MY EMAIL COPY TO THE MAD MAN.AGAIN."
Jack Boot Purple Flower Mc Fry Golden Pig
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here from HH&T.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic