SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Free voicemail services and burners

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Wookiecookie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I'm not really sure if by phone lads, you mean lads that are selling phones or lads that are making calls to a number.

In regards to lads calling with an IRS Scam, there are a few Reddit forums that post up scam numbers and I've personally gotten my own number bombed by these guys. However, I've a history of pranks and a myriad of characters that I'll use when a telemarketer calls or I get lucky enough for a scammer. I can change my voice and have many expert level accents I've been developing since I started pranking in the late 80's and early 90's.

Having said that, the call scam is one I'm particularly fond of. And with the right tricks you can waste almost 2 hours of time having a blast with baiting them on the phone and actually hearing the voodoo curses and other cursing and vulgarity when they finally break. I don't know that I agree with the concept of not being effective when you're dealing with a scammer on the phone. 2 hours of frustration on their end =2 hours of time well spent listening to everyone In my house laugh hysterically at my myriad of frustrating characters.

Does anyone else engage in this? And if So,are you using any kind of app or free voicemail set up? I've had luck with the Burner app. Basically this app lets you make calls and send texts through the app instead of your own number. The number gives you six days before it expires. Let's you pick a relative area code of most major cities to add a touch of authenticity where needed. Gives you a number of free texts, and you can always add more texts or more minutes to the burner number.

I'm bringing this up and wondering if anyone else has used it?
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here as the Phone Lad forum is for lads with websites promising cell phones that are never delivered.

419 Eater is centered around Advance Fee Fraud. The IRS and "We're Microsoft" scams do not fall into this category, although they are still fraud. It is difficult to "bait" these, although it is possible to call them. However, incidences have shown this to be unsafe as those at the other end have begun to engage in the practice of "Swatting."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cherokee-county/couple-says-irs-scammer-called-swat-on-them/407362161
http://wjla.com/news/crime/irs-scammers-swatting-against-people-who-discover-their-phone-schemes-114088
https://consumerist.com/2016/02/11/diabolical-irs-phone-scammers-call-swat-team-tell-victim-theyre-there-to-collect/

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Wookiecookie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It begs the question though, even if your numbers been scrambled by using a burner? It doesn't say weather these people were returning the calls while using a burner. This looks to me like the people had their actual phone number being used to communicate with these s. I think I've got more research to do one this tactic of swatting. I.e. what were the circumstances surrounding the incident.
I think there's a safe way to do this, I think like anything else there can be risks but precautions need to be utilized to eliminate the possibility of being swatted.
If they call on your personal number, that's when it gets hairy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic