SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

iv been scammed can anyone help?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
elpeglot
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hello all, i have unfortunately found this website after being the victim of a scam.
I phoned a mobile number xxxxxxxxx) replying to an advert selling a tractor in a well known magazine. The seller ("John Hardwood") seems genuine and knows his stuff, as a good scammer would i suppose. Being the simple honest fellow i am i stupidly send him the money in full via a bacs transfer and agree to pick up from his address the next day.
When i turn up at said address they have no tractor for sale and inform me i am the fifth person to turn up to collect it.
Needless to say "John Hardwood" won't answer the phone and its now going straight to voicemail.
I know i have been monumentaly stupid, but is my situation completely hopeless? Can anyone find this man with the limited information i have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Number edited-Capone
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, there is almost zero change that you will be able to find this person, or get your money back.

You can post all the information you have on the scammer/scam at our sister site www.scamwarners.com and possibly save someone else for falling for this scam.

Sorry to hear that this happened to you.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should contact your bank immediately and report the transaction as fraudulent. Whether it can recover your funds will be debatable, but you have nothing to lose from doing so.

Please keep us updated here on your bank's response and any progress.

Looking forward to reading your Post on ScamWarners.
Mountain Goat
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How exactly did you dial the phone number?

Quote:
Information on phone number range +1 758 XXXXXXXXXX

Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination Saint Lucia
City or exchange location Castries
Original network provider*

But if you should have dialled 00758xxxxx instead, you might have fallen victim to a Vlad:
Quote:
This telephone number is most likely a Kazakhstan number. Specific information on this number range is not available. This might mean that this particular telephone number does not exist. Should this be incorrect, be sure to notify us.

Incase you might want to try again yourself: http://www.numberingplans.com/

The Monsignor has given you the most excellent advice. Sorry to hear that you have been scammed.

Safari Barrister Kiliwangi from Lomé/Togo to Abuja/Nigeria with The Monsignor
Safari Henry Philip from Abuja/Nigeria to Natitingou/Benin with DSW and Yastreb
Jack Boot

FUCK YOU JULIA......Lloydjames154
If I see you I will kill you with my hands prostitute you are (Agent Thomas Pierre)
You are a pig with Nigeria accent ([email protected])
FUCK YOU AND DON"T WRITE TO ME YOU FOOLISH UGLY SHRINKY PUSSY>>>> Michael Abramovich
elpeglot
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hello again
unfortunately progress is slow to non existant, police are very uninterested, i am trying to contact the others who have been caught out. Barclays bank have passed the case on to their fraud dept, not holding my breath.
I will update as/if things progress.
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I literally feel your pain (been there, done that, bought the T-shirt). However jose-cuervo is right, where this thread really needs to be is on eater's sister site scamwarners.com. Best of luck in your endeavor.

...you cannot kill me of Innocency....! - Reverend Mark Obum

Well, is now getting to a point which you're searching for the other side of me, and if you don,t reason well, you will surely see it from me. - Steve Jobs, Commander in Chief
wannab8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's far too common, and far too easy to fall for scams like these. The very first time I almost got hooked was when I was looking for a nanny job on craigslist. I responded and all of the sudden this person wanted to wire me money, take out "my portion" and wire the remainder back to them. It was SO WEIRD!

Although if you have his bank account, you should probably report that too. Sad

So sorry this happened to you my good man. We do what we do for people just like you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic