SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Classic Rental Property Scam.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wannab8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone want to take this? It was a rental I replied to on craigslist. As soon as I got the response, I knew it was a scam, but I was curious about how he would respond to my questions, so I threw them out there anyway.... I love how the name of the states are in all caps and in parentheses, as well as his "job".

Quote:
Hello I am interested in your rental property and would like to schedule a time to view it. Please call or email at your convenience.

Thank you,
Mxxxxxx
5xx-xxx-xxx1

Sent from my iPhone

jfekf homes
Jul 25 (1 day ago)

to me

Hello,
Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my House. Sorry for getting back late to you, Yes the House is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the House now that we are not around. I work with the united nations development program(UNDP) OREGON and I just got a transfer that is bringing me down to (HAWAII)take note that you can not see the inside of the house but you can only drive by the house for now because the house is locked up for security purpose due to my work transfer but you can peek at it from the windows Myself and Family just traveled to (HAWAII) for the program. My transfer would be for a period between 3-6 years, so I would definitely be renting my House to whom ever that will take good care of it.

FEATURES :
Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom,
Playground, Car park. AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck,
Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fire
pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly,
Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

DETAILS ABOUT THE House:
Number of bedrooms:3
Number of bathrooms:2
Rental price: $1500 per month and security Deposit is $800(Security Deposit is Refundable)

Utilities included in monthly rent Pets Welcome.

Here is the address to the House:
xxxx SW xxxxxxxxxx St, Portland, OR 9xxxx

LEASE APPLICATION FORM

FIRST ?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST ?
SEX:M
DATE OF BIRTH:_________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
WHICH NUMBER IS THE BEST TO CALL YOU ON__________?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?
WHEN AND WHERE DO YOU WISH TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE:_______________?
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE A DOWN PAYMENT PRIOR MOVE IN DATE .......................?

I want you to also know that we will let you stay in our home till the period of time you wish to as long as you pay up your rent on time. We also want you to know that the rent fee covers the utilities, you can use them and take proper care of our home.

All we ask for is making sure you fill the rental application form properly so that we can approve you as our tenant, we will also advise you secure our home by paying for a refundable security deposit so that we can take our house off market and let other renters not to contact us anymore for the same house you are about renting.

Remain Blessed.
Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Little.

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 11:17:38 AM
To: j f e k h o m e s @ o u t l o o k . c o m
Subject: Great Tri-level on 0.25 acres, with 3BR & 2 baths

Hello,
That sounds great! I'm a little disappointed that we will be unable to do a walk through first. Can you please let me know the following:
What is the school district in that area?
Is there an area for office space? We have our own business so this is crucial in our criteria.
Is side parking available and if so would you allow us to use the space for a hauling trailer?

My partner and I have a construction business (licensed and bonded) so we can repair anything as needed. We also love to garden so taking care of the yard would be a pleasure.
We plan to be buying our own house in the next few years.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Mxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone
Jul 25 (1 day ago)

j f e k f h o m e s
2:20 AM (19 hours ago)

to me
Thanks for getting back to me swiftly, I would like you to fill out the application so my wife and I can get to know more about you regarding my home for rent.Awaiting to read back from you soon

It makes me sad that people fall for this garbage. Especially because where I live, the rental market is BRUTAL right now! I'm sure there are a lot of people who may have actually been swindled into this one. I have jury duty the next two days, so I might see what kind of fun I can have with it lol! If anyone has the time and energy to waste this guy's, please by all means take it!
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Wannab8
Best place for posting in in the Surplus Forum, https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

If you have replied to this lad from your real life email, please drop him NOW.

For future reference, open a new email account, totally unconnected with anything in your real life, fake name/details etc.

Then bait the lads from that and any other accounts as you open them
Never bait from any real life account.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Irish gives great advice-this lad has your real life email and may have additional info connected with it. I would drop him immediately and block his emails on that account. It's not safe to have a criminal (and that's what he is) in possession of your info.

Please read the stickies about safe baiting. Also, if you want others to give him some lurve, you can post the format with his email in Surplus, or take a wander over to our sister site, ScamWarners and post it there for other potential victims to find.

If you are curious or want to take a crack at him, as Irish advises, make a shiny, new gmail account with none of your RL info fake name address etc, and start over as a new victim.

Welcome to Eater!

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
wannab8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tips guys Smile I have not corresponded with him since the last email, and I will definitely not do it from my personal email if I continue with him. Smile Thanks for all that you do!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic