SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First reply

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday I sent out my first e-mail to a scammer from the surplus scam mails. I did not get a reply. My mentor suggested I send out a few first mails. Great success, I got my first reply from a lad with phone number from country code 226.
She is asking for the usual details.
I want to reply, but read it is good to wait a day.
I think it is important I know which faith she is from before I send more details, since she is working with a reverend.
Would that be OK or am I to off script?

My character has a name but I have no country yet, do I need to keep this in mind for future contact and phone numbers or other things?

When they start talking about western union, I can assume that is a country right? And how I am going to get there.
godbobdog
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are more experienced people here who can probably offer better advice, but I have found that it is best to play it completely straight on the first one or two responses. If they get suspicious early, or if it looks like you might turn out to be a lot of work, they will drop you.

After you have established yourself as a perfect victim, then start putting a monkey wrench or two into the plan.

Good luck!

Sand Timer Roberto/Jonathan/Harry/Tony "OGUN GO KILL YOU FOR ROAD MANAGER CHIEF CHIEF CHIEF"
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice.
I just saw I got another reply from a different lad that was in the spam box. He sent a fake passport, bank certificate and a form he wants me to fill out.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Bowka!

I agree with godbobdog: it's good to play it straight the first couple of emails. The main idea in the early part of a bait is to convince the scammer that your character is worth pursuing .... or in other words, they are a likely payday. Too much weirdness and they may drop you as a time waster.

But there's a lot of wiggle room within "straight". For example if your character is highly religious it may be appropriate to ask little questions about religion early on, especially if the scammer has introduced himself as a reverend.

More biographical details will be needed, indeed many scammers will ask for this info soon enough. Think about what you want your character to be like, and give it a try. If it doesn't work out you can always change it up next time.

When they introduce western union, yes indeed it's ok to be confused about it. Or indeed to be confused about anything else: confusion can be a very effective way to bait.... as long as you still look like a potential payday to the scammer.

Good luck and happy baiting!

Edit to add: You posted while I was writing this.... be sure to keep checking your spam box as many scammer replies are successfully caught by spam filters. Just don't tell them it went into spam, as this is a good thing when it comes to potential victims.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice.
I'm a bit confused, I read that it is good to delay. But then you need to be straight in the first mails. Does this mean I should give details right away, or can I ask if my information will be secure or what faith she and the reverend are from in the next mail before sending details?
sonofscam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't get too carried away developing your character quite yet. Get used to dealing with a few lads, try some different personas, and eventually you'll find something that works for you and your goals.

Risky free Homeland Security Forms
lighten_up
Wyoming Double Glazed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From a newbie myself I HIGHLY agree with play it straight and Slow

One email a day, one questions a day.. to start.. get mentors advise when to step it up.

One thing that took me a while to remember.. LADS DONT MUCH CARE ABOUT YOUR INFO.. IMHO: they are just trying to
A) convince you scam is legit
B) make sure you are not a baiter.

You will get better at what to say and what not to say as you do it.

Here some pointers that worked well for me. But PLEASE follow your mentor advice and other more experienced baiters.. some have over 10 years at this

1) make your character unacceptable to MG/WU (but was pig farmer- hunt for banks accounts to report). Be creative but not crazy.. think cruiseship staff vs astronaut

2) Get a safe, fake name, address, and phone number here: http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
PM me if you want to give Lads a Test Number (it plays a fast busy/oscillating tone).
Alternatively, sign up for Callcentric: https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=276313

or sign up on: Callcentric: https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=276313

3) Create a file for your Id.. Can be random bytes or something more clever : make sure NOT TO SEND ANYTHING Useful for them to convince a victim they are real . Here is one idea. Get some id pic you find on web and open it up in notepad.. skip down 500 character and cut a couple pages of characters and past towards bottom.. keep doing this until you get a jpg like file but nothing usable..

I use the glitch tool because im lazy https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=276352

http://i.imgur.com/aYLQXAq.png
Image linked. Some lads Google. Just in case...bware419ers

4) I personally create a "script file" on google docs with my common responses.. (but please realize I am trying to move bait to getting a bank so I don't waste a lot of email.

for example

Quote:
Dear sir:

I got your message and am very excited!.. Are you sure it's legal? Please find the requested info

Name: <your character>
Address: <fake address>
Job: < fake job>
Sex: Male or Female
Loan Amount : 500,000
Phone: < fake phone>

Please get back with me soon.. I am ready to move on this!!

Thanks.
< your character name>

I will then edit / remove what they don't ask for.

5) They might complain about id.. a couple email back and forth, send it again or reglitch and usually they usually give up.

Hope that helps..

Safari x 15 Closed lad accounts x 54
Long Walk Closed lad accounts x 54

Bob -- Is me Mr. Spock ...
Do not send any money to Feathers otherwise he will kill you in your dreams --

: My Hebrew Translator say name it like ASS CREAM PONG. Correct?
Lad: With this insult for my surname i know that you will not have any respect for me

You know you are a cheat. so all that you say is nonsense. What you didn't know is that i know you are fraud
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It really doesn't matter what you say as long as it is something that a real person would say. Especially if the line of questioning leads toward you giving the lad money.

Also, don't be afraid of twigging a lad. There are more than enough to go around. One of the most crucial aspects of straight baiting is knowing where the lad draws the line. But you have to cross that line several times to learn where it has been drawn.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All good advice above!

Bowka wrote:
I want to reply, but read it is good to wait a day.

These days, I bait, almost exclusively, from Facebook. This requires attention, but the page is usually just running in the background. I look at it like this: if I have the time, why not keep them occupied. One message/email gives them more time to find or communicate with real victims.

When emailing, I tend to work with inverse proportions. If the lad sends one email a day, I send a dozen or so, all with one line. If they send dozens to me, I reply with one email a day. Maybe two, with one in the morning and one before bed.

Quote:
I think it is important I know which faith she is from before I send more details, since she is working with a reverend.

If a real victim would do it, then your character should or would. Straight baiting is simply convincing the scammer you are real, while they try to convince you their scam is real.

Quote:
My character has a name but I have no country yet, do I need to keep this in mind for future contact and phone numbers or other things?

It's a good step to put some basic details together.

Quote:
When they start talking about western union, I can assume that is a country right? And how I am going to get there.

Since the intention to break from the European Union, I believe all of Britain can be considered Western Union. I'm about to have all my characters travel there because I'm sure the turmoil will cause problems with sending money.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Fi-Manni
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lighten_up wrote:
Get some id pic you find on web and open it up in notepad.. skip down 500 character and cut a couple pages of characters and past towards bottom.. keep doing this until you get a jpg like file but nothing usable..

I use the glitch tool because im lazy

If the goal is a jumbled file that's still openable, notepad is really hard. Starting from a bmp makes it a bit easier, but I don't blame you for using the tool.

Senegal
Closed lad accounts x16 x66
loualsindor
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not of the one-message-a-day school, more often than not I'll get into a back-and-forth for a while just to sink the hook. Different strokes...

Easter Egg 2013

Sand Timer X 6
Sand Timer Sand Timer X 5
Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer X 1

Safari Budapest/Fiji - 22,500 miles
Safari Save, Collines, Benin/Victoria Island, Nigeria - 448 miles on a bus
Safari Save, Collines, Benin/Accra, Ghana - 700 miles on a bus

Evil Attorney epics - 22

- Why do you give shit about who i scammed you have to stop sticking ur nose on my shoes. Because it doesn't fit your noses
- Please bring me back before i hit my brain on a pan.
- This business is not like selling shoes and clothes in the market sir.

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the information. I'm speeding up one bait just to see how the script goes and practice delaying strategies.
I got an e-mail requesting me to send my passport scan to a different e-mail, this e-mail account is flagged be McAfee.
I did not tell the lad, I first asked if it was secure.
Later I will tell the lad I sent an e-mail to the second address without sending it.
What should I do with the flagged e-mail address by McAfee?
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What does that mean, "e-mail account is flagged be McAfee?"

"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

McAfee SiteAdvisor-warning
This e-mailmessage probably contains unsafe links to the following sites:
http://mailto:[email protected]/-
(I had to translate it from Dutch)
I'm not going to tell the lad that I got this warning.
I'm not going to e-mail to that e-mail address, just wondering what baiters do in such a situation?
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't click on any links, but email addresses from the account.com domain belong to Mail.com. They are free accounts with a variety of domains available. Sending to the address should be safe.

Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After sending a few corrupt files my lad is asking if I am joking around an does not want to continue the transaction. But she still wants $50 since she is an orphan, so I guess I will go that route. I told here I was able to help her with that small amount of money.
I am interested to see where this will go.
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked for some suggestions on the bait.
The orphan is asking for $50 or $100 without following the straight bait. The suggestion was that I could continue the straight bait and have the orphan contact my pastor for a donation.
I´m still new, but I guess I will learn if I take the straight bait and pastor bait.
What do you baiters think?
Fi-Manni
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's usually better to stick to one character when you're new. You'll still learn stuff, like what works best to keep the bait going or how to get bank accounts to report.

Senegal
Closed lad accounts x16 x66
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got my first bank account from this lad.

#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice Work Bowka! That piggy does look at tad lonely however....

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats! Report it to your mentor or any mod for extra fun!

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It all looks good BK.

My only concern is the confusion between the deal and the begging. Hopefully the begger has some sort of 419 scam cooking and she/he has been knocked off her script and reverted to begging. This does happen.

If its just a beggar, drop him and move pick up a scammer. Surplus is chock full of them.

Its your bait but this is a script that my Pastor character sends out. Town Selles gets caught by the Elder in Charge of Evangelism.

Quote:
Dear Brother,

The Evangelism Elder was in my office looking for some baptismal certificates that I had signed and left on my desk. My computer was on and he looked at our emails. Normally I would not get upset at all but we have firm covenants here at EMLCC involving any and all contact with non members of the church. I cannot help you at this point due to the constraints of the EMLCC bylaws. We can only assist our members.
This is very important, I just thought of a way what we could make this a positive thing, but much time must not pass before we conclude this. So this is just a quick thought. The EML Christian Church is offering a baptismal gift of $10,000.00 US Dollars for new members willing to profess their faith and show their love of the Lord. In this way you can become a member and have the full privileges of membership and bask in the fellowship of the EMLCC. Please remember that this is only a gift and not a bribe or financial inducement to pretend to be a Christian if your heart is not ready.
I wonder if you would be interested.

I found that having the lad fill out a few forms at least once and then submit a photo or two gets the lad fully hooked, making him want to then dig a grave and get baptized in it.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
Bowka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, the e-mails started as an orphan with an inheritance needing a trustee. Now she only wants $100.
Does the piggy still count if they turn into beggars?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes the piggie counts. We don't have an icon for a scammer that you turned into a beggar.

I think its time to introduce your lad to your Rev so that he can offer up some serious cash to fill out a few forms and then perform the ritual. Start by telling him about all the extremely weathly church members. I would tell them that half the Micro$oft boardroom attended our church and then turn him over to either Pastor Gordon Spot or Town Selles.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^But we should have an icon for turning a beggarboi into a hard working lad.

Also, Bacon! Great job.

Tell him you sent the money. He will ask for a transfer slip. Many excuses for why you don't have one. You bank online, you threw it away, your dog ate it and you can provide a picture of it in a day or two. Weekends are the best time to pay, because now the lad has to wait till Monday before you can prove you paid.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic