SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

CAPITAL LETTERS

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Toastypants
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This was my first ever bait attempt, back in 2013. As it was new to me, I didn't aim too high or really even have a set plan. I just wanted to mess with the guy. I wanted to see just how ridiculous things could get before he realised something was up... All I managed to do was waste a month of his time, but that's better than nothing as far as I'm concerned!

Something I should point out: The original scam email was sent to a different email account of mine, and a different character, Sam Gamjee. He and the original scammer, "Elizabeth" had traded a few emails, and Elizabeth referred Sam onto her "Reverend" friend. Unfortunately those mails are lost, but as I was testing the water then, there wasn't anything of particular interest. So no big loss. The scam was in the nature of "Cover my fees for sending a cashier's cheque and I'll pay you big time."

I decided to contact the reverend with a new character instead.
We begin as Bill contacts the good Reverend Godwin Raymond, whose name I can just never quite get right...

Subject: Reefered by Elizabeth
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 05:38:32 +0100
To: "[email protected]"

Dear Rabbi Goodwin.

I hope I find you in good health, sir.

I am writing to you because your friend Elizabeth was in contact with my dearest friend and business partner, Sam Gamjee. Apparently, Sam and Elizabeth had business together previously, and Elizabeth wanted to send Sam 1 million dollars.

You may wonder how I know about this, since Sam never told me about it - which is very strange if you think about it, because we travel often together on lengthy business trips to Bywater and often as far as Rivendell. We are devoted (business) partners. Anyway, to the point! I don't want to bore you, as I am sure you're busy with some Hail Marys that need shining. You are a busy man, yes?

Ok now lets get to the juicy part. I think Sam has been stealing from me. Yes I know, unbelievable right? I'm sure Elizabeth can attest to his loyalty, you can ask her. They built up a big trust, I have come to learn. But even so, as much as it hurts me to say it, the truth us ugly. Here is what happened.

I was out hunting spiders on a cold, dark, mountainy evening, as I often do on a Tuesday. I brought Sam with me because he was exited to hunt spiders for his first time. I found a particularly large and aggressive specimen - Shelobicus Fictionalis. I'm sure you know these spiders too. Anyway, after fighting with it, I fell and hit my head and I blacked out. All I can remember is the sound of Sam laughing and grunting "That's a good lad, aye, thats a good lad", and I felt like I was rocking back and forth on the sea or something. I don't know, its a bit hazy.

So, when I awoke, he was gone and I was covered in a suspicious sticky goo and I had some discomfort in my posterior. Weird. So yeah, he was gone. And GET THIS: So was my gold ring. My precious ring. It was worth more than my entire town. He took it from me!!! He did place a pearl necklace on me but I have no idea why. It's not nearly as valuable as the ring. Now his grubby, hairy, sweaty, greasy finger is in my ring and I'm not happy about it.

I cannot begin to describe my anger at Sam. I'm sure you understand! I sent him away. I won't be seeing or hearing from him again in a long time. Not until he gives me my ring back. Maybe the next time I find myself unconscious or something, hey? Maybe tied up and with my shirt torn away. That's probably how it would play out. You agree, I can feel it Mrs. Godwon!

To the point now. I got into Sam's house to look for money to compensate for my precious ring, now that he is gone, and I saw that not only is he a thief, but an idiot! He left his computer turned on and his email logged in. That is how I saw his correspondence with Elizabeth (There were also adult images in a folder; well I suppose it depends how old a sheep needs to be before its considered an adult). There was just one email but it seems there had been many more in the past that Sam must have deleted. In the email, I read that Sam was going to help Elizabeth with some money transfers, and Elizabeth was going to give Sam one million dollars because they were very great friends. She told him to contact you to arrange the payment.

Perhaps you see where this is going! Since Sam has betrayed my trust, and I feel like I have a broke back from the mountain of stress he has put me under, I think maybe I should have the money instead. But hey! Let's not be greedy? I will only ask you for half of the amount, being $500,000

I hope you will have pity on me, Ambassador Goodwine. Maybe you will keep the other half for yourself, eh? Eh? That is A-OK with me!

I pray to Almighty Ragu that you will reply favourably to me, and with speedy quickened haste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The more time I am without my precious ring, I feel myself getting thinner and sadder. The money would help me!

Thank you!

May Dolmio bless you!

Your friend,

Bill Bow

Baa Gend
Hobb, Iton
Theshire
New Zealand

Sent: 08/30/13 09:17 AM
To: Bill
Subject: International Cashiers Check

Dear:Bill Bow.

I greet you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

I received your mail and I understand that you are the person that Mrs. Elizabeth Nelson instructed me to send the

International Cashiers Check she raised in your favor before she traveled to Denmark. For your information this money is not

in cash, it’s a bank draft written in your name. You are advice to send the cost of mailing the International Cashiers Check

to your address as soon as i receive the sending fee.

This is to inform you of the latest development concerning the sending of your certified Bank draft. I have verified with the

courier companies here and below am the information I gathered from D.H.L and others

1. DHL. Cost of delivery including VAT and stamp duty...$165

2. UPS: Cost of delivery including VAT and stamp duty...$175

3. Global Basic Courier Cop: Cost of delivery including VAT, and Endorsement...$180

Meanwhile, I also verify about getting the draft clear and make a wire transfer into your account but that will cost a lot of

money as well because we need to clear the draft first through Central Bank of Benin Clearing Department. After clearing the

draft from clearing house of the Central Bank of Benin (CBB) I will open up a domiciliary non residential account in your

name where the fund will be transferred from, to your designated Bank account over there. This process will also cost you

$690 process and you will receive the fund through your Bank account.

These are my finding therefore, you are to choose any of these options above for the delivering of your check to you but just

be rest assured that your check must be delivered safely. These are well known and efficient courier companies here in Benin.

My Direct Phone number: +23480272XXXXX

Thanks and remain blessed.

Waiting for your quick reply.

Sincerely yours,

Rev. Godwin Raymond

HMM. I don't think you actually read a word I wrote, buddy...

Subject: Re: International Cashiers Check
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 00:11:25 +0200
To: "Rev. Godwin Raymond"

Dear Sister Gotwine,

Thank you for your email. How are you? I've had a hard day in my garden, trying to clear up the elf infestation. Nasty little buggers. I hope you are well!

Do you remember in my email to you, I said you could keep half of the money? I hope you will. Half is for you, OK? So if I only take half, will the cost of sending the cashier's cheque drop by half also? It will be a smaller cheque, so therefore lighter. It's basic physics, I'm sure you'll agree.

Please advise!

Thank you, and may the great Pastafarian bless your bong.

Your friend,

Bill.

Sent: 08/31/13 10:58 AM
To: Bill Bow

Dear:Bill.

I greet you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Thank you for your quick respond. Concern your question why the money was nothing deducted or take from the cashier cheque. Do you forgot so soon that what Ms Elizabeth kept with me here is cashier cheque not cash. No body has the right to deduct any thing from your cashier cheque. Please to void any thing that will jeopardize this delivery of your cashier cheque, i will advise you to choose from the three options and let me know the one that is preferable for you so that i will give you the payment information on how to send the mailing fee down here in Benin. All am assuring you is that once i receive the mailing fee in next 24hours you will receive your cashier cheque in your door step immediately.

Sincerely yours,

Rev. Godwin Raymond

Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 19:49:52 +0200

Dear Seikh Gutwind,

Thank you for your email. I trust Almighty Ragu continues to shine His blessings upon thee?

I am very excited to get the money! I think we have a problem, though. I don't understand how my name can be on the cheque...

Mr. Elizaberth was dealing with my friend, Sam Gamjee, and it was him that the money was for. Didn't you read my first email to you? I explained how Sam stole my precious ring, and I broke into his house to get some money for compensation and found the email from Elezerbeth on his computer.

I also asked you if I could have the money instead of Sam, because he didn't deserve it. He's a thief! You and I hate thieves, we are men of Ragu, afterall.

So please, make sure the correct name is on the cheque, because it surely says Sam Gamjee on it and not Bill Bow? If it is a problem, maybe it can be sent as cash instead, eh?

Thank you for your help, kind friend.

Please reply fast! I am confused!

Blessings of Dolmio.
Bill.

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 04:18:21 +0800 (SGT)

Thank you for your quick respond. Concern your question if the cashier cheque will be clear on your name. I have confirmed from the bank that issue the cashier cheque and they have confirmed to me that the cashier cheque can also be cleared in your account once you deposited it to your account. All you need to do is to take it to your bank and deposit it and the money will clear in your account in next 48hours. Below is the payment information on how to send the mailing fee down here in Benin.

BELOW IS THE PAYMENT INFORMATION WHERE YOU WILL SEND THE $165 VIA WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SPELL THE THREE NAMES CORRECTLY AS IT IS LISTED BELOW TO AVOID ANY THING THAT WILL BRING MORE DELAYS.FIRST NAME EMMANUEL MIDDLE NAME ORIKPO AND THE LAST NAME IS NNEIFE.

NAME: EMMANUEL ORIKPO NNEIFE

ADDRESS: NO 7 EMBASSY ROAD TOKPA COTONOU BENIN

QUESTION: WHAT IS MY BEST COLOUR

ANSWER: WHITE

AMOUNT: $165

MTCN: NUMBER

I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT INFORMATION SO THAT I WILL GIVE YOU THE TRACKING NUMBER OF YOUR PACKAGE WITH OUT ANY FURTHER DELAY.

I BLESS YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, AMEN AND I PRAY THAT THE SPIRIT OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD WILL NEVER DEPART FROM YOUR HOME.

REV. GODWIN RAYMOND

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 04:09:51 +0100

Dear Pastor Goodtime,

The money is ready.

Thank you for replying to me! I was getting worried! I'm delighted to hear that you were able to sort out the issue of the correct name being on the cheque.

How did you manage to get the name changed from Sam Gamjee to my name? Anyway, I'm very happy that you did! I see that you agree with me that I should have the money instead of Sam! How do you think I should go about getting my precious ring back from him? Have you any advice, dear friend? What does our Lord, Ragu tell you about this situation?

I went to the bank today and took out the money to give you for the postage of the cheque. I have one issue, though. As you know, I hunt spiders in my spare time. Last year, after being bitten by one on my eye, I developed a problem where I cannot read text if it is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

I'm sure you've heard of this side effect of giant spider bites. Could you please send me the details again, but in lower case this time? I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes and I send the money as soon as possible!

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Blessings of Bolognese upon you.

Your friend,

Bill.

He actually goes and retypes it all out, in lower case!

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 15:54:58 +0800 (SGT)

Please make sure you spell the three names correctly a it is listed below. First name EMMANUEL Middle name ORIKPO Last name is NNEIFE.

name: emmanuel orikpo nneife

address: no 7 embassy road tokpa cotonou benin

question: what is my best colour

answer: white

amount: $165

mtcn: number

I will be waiting for the payment information so that i will proceed to DHL immediately for the mailing of your cashier cheque. Once i get it send i will give you the tracking number of your package so that you will be able to track it until it gets to your door step in Ohio.

Rev. Godwin Raymond

The Lord Is my Strength

I decide not to reply just yet, and wait for him to write again. Silly boy, he went and used capital letters again! How am I supposed to read that!?

Sent: 09/03/13 08:34 PM

DEAR:BILL.
I GREET YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT,AMEN.

GOOD EVENING DEAR BELOVED IN CHRIST. HAVE YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT AS YOU PROMISED TO SEND THE MONEY TODAY. PLEASE IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THAT HURRY UP AND GET THE MONEY SEND SO THAT WE WILL CONCLUDE THIS DELIVERY OF YOUR CASHIER CHEQUE IMMEDIATELY.

NAME: EMMANUEL ORIKPO NNEIFE

ADDRESS: NO 7 EMBASSY ROAD TOKPA COTONOU BENIN

QUESTION: WHAT IS MY BEST COLOUR

ANSWER: WHITE

AMOUNT: $165

MTCN: NUMBER

I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT INFORMATION ON TUESDAY NOON AS YOU PROMISED TO SEND IT SO THAT I WILL GIVE YOU THE TRACKING NUMBER OF YOUR PACKAGE WITH OUT ANY FURTHER DELAY.

I BLESS YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, AMEN AND I PRAY THAT THE SPIRIT OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD WILL NEVER DEPART FROM YOUR HOME.

REV. GODWIN RAYMOND

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH

Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 04:17:53 +0200

Dear Rasta Ganjwin,

I am sorry for the delay in my reply. My internet connection snapped in half and I have been unable to go online since Monday. I think was those pesky elves from my back garden chewing the cables. It's fixed now.

Anyway. I have the money in my wallet and I will hike to Rivendell Post Office as soon as I can, and send you the money. I told you before - because of my eye condition I cannot read CAPITAL LETTERS... If you could send me the details in small letters then I can read it properly and I won't make any mistakes. I want to make sure the money goes to you, and nobody else!

I am very much looking forward to getting the cashiers cheque! What do you think I should buy with the money? Please, I need advice. I don't want to spend it all on one go on coke and dwarven hookers. Not again.

Thank you for your time, and your patience. Truly, you are a good, kind soul. Such goodness is rare in this world.

Your excellent friend,

Bill.

Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:49:07 +0800 (SGT)
Subject: TOP URGENT

Good morning beloved in Christ. I waited to receive the payment information as you promised to send the mailing fee yesterday and at this moment i haven't hear any thing from you. I want to let you know that today is the last day that i will be able to keep your cashier cheque in my office. If i did not hear from you with the payment information in next 7hours i have nothing to do than to invite police and the authorities here in Benin to pick up your cashier cheque for them to take it to take to our government treasure. I wait for your quick respond before i will take any action.

Sincerely yours,

Rev. Godwin Raymond

I figured I'd lost him at this point, so I didn't bother replying. But then, nearly a week later I got the following. What a gent, he went and "paid the fees" for me.

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:54:50 +0800 (SGT)
Subject: Your Bank Cheque Draft Has Been Expired

Hello my Dear Bill.,

I greet you in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit, Amen.

How are you today? I am writing to inform you that I have Paid the fee for your Cheque Draft. And I went to the bank to confirm if the Cheque has been expired or getting near to expire and i was told by Dr.Amez Kento Victor the Director of United Bank For Africa told me that before the cheque will get to your hand that it will expire.

So I told him to cash the $1,000,000.00 UNITED STATES DOLLARS to cash Payment to avoid losing those funds. However, all the necessary Arrangement of delivering the $1,000,000.00 UNITED STATES DOLLARS in cash was Made with GLOBAL TRUST COURIER COMPANY here in Cotonou Benin Republic.

Justice Ben the Director of Global Trust Courier Company of Cotonou has to Package the sum of US$1,000,000.00 in cash for me. Then he also agreed to Help me to register the Consignment with GLOBAL TRUST COURIER COMPANY.Infact I thank God very much for all the movement I made, every thing Goes normally.

As for our agreement with the Global Trust Courier company they Promised that your consignment will leave this Country on Friday this Week, But the Director of the GLOBAL TRUST COURIER COMPANY said that they need your contacts information to enable them meet up with you immediately the Diplomat Agent arrives to your Country with your consignment box once they received your full data.

Please write a letter of application to the given address below.

ATTN: Dr Justice Ben
TEl: +23481757XXXXX
Email: ([email protected])

Please, Send them your contacts information to enable them locate you Immediately they arrive in your country with your BOX .This is what they need from you.

1. YOUR FULL NAME
2. YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
3. YOUR CURRENT HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER.
4. YOUR CURRENT OFFICE TELEPHONE.
5. A COPY OF YOUR PICTURE OR DRIVER LICENCE.

Please make sure you send this needed info’s to the Director General of Global Trust Courier Company Ben with the address given to you.

Note. The Global Trust courier company don't know the contents of the Box. I registered it as a BOX of Africa cloths. They don't know it contains money. This is to avoid them not to delay your consignment BOX. Don’t let Them know that it is money that is inside your consignment Box.

I am waiting for your urgent response. You can even call the Director Of Global Trust Courier company with this line: +23481757XXXXX for details concern your consignment box.

Thanks and Remain Blessed.

Rev Father Godwin Raymond

I let him wait a few days before replying, ignoring the part about him paying the fees.

Subject: Re: Your Bank Cheque Draft Has Been Expired
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 03:47:38 +0100

Dear Yogi Goodwine,

I hope I find you well, my friend. I am dreadfully sorry for not being in contact with you for some time.

I have been in hospital. I was attacked and beaten by three huge, stupid trolls, and suffered serious injury including broken bones. My trombone to be precise. Have you ever hurt your trombone? You probably have, it's a common injury amongst us men of Ragu. You know how badly it can wibble when agitated.

Anyway, you will be ecstatic, I'm sure, to know that I'm back home and on the mend. I have money waiting here for you to pay for the cheque. Please advise me on the next move, my dear, honest friend.

I look forward to your reply.

Your excellent friend, Bill.

Check the subject title...

Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 15:40:09 +0800 (SGT)
Subject: I tthought that the spider has killed you off....

Please write a letter of application to the given address below.

ATTN: Dr Justice Ben
TEl: +23481757XXXXX
Email: ([email protected])

Please, Send them your contacts information to enable them locate you Immediately they arrive in your country with your BOX .This is what they need from you.

1. YOUR FULL NAME
2. YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
3. YOUR CURRENT HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER.
4. YOUR CURRENT OFFICE TELEPHONE.
5. A COPY OF YOUR PICTURE OR DRIVER LICENCE.

Please make sure you send this needed info’s to the Director General of Global Trust Courier Company Ben with the address given to you.

Note. The Global Trust courier company don't know the contents of the Box. I registered it as a BOX of Africa cloths. They don't know it contains money. This is to avoid them not to delay your consignment BOX. Don’t let Them know that it is money that is inside your consignment Box.

I am waiting for your urgent response. You can even call the Director Of Global Trust Courier company with this line: +23481757XXXXX for details concern your consignment box.

Thanks and Remain Blessed.

Rev Father Godwin Raymond

There's a nice hidden message for our moron below. Not too hard to figure out. Clue: Read it backwards.

Subject: Re: I tthought that the spider has killed you off....
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 06:00:00 +0100

Dear Cardinal Goblin,

Thank you so much for your reply, my friend. You are a kind, loyal and patient man. Truly, a fine man of Ragu, and one I am proud to call my brother in bolognese.

Thank you for the contact details for Nurse Just Ice, Ben. I will email her immediately. Before I can do that, however, I need you to please send me the list of information that I need to send her, but in lower case. Remember, since the spider bit me I cannot read CAPITAL LETTERS. It must be small letters or else it just looks like random, garbled nonsense to me. Like something a printer coughed up up after being fed mouldy ink.

I'll copy the capitalised text from your email and paste it here so that you can see how it looks to me:

5!¥KCUF¥DIPUTS¥UOY¥
87!¥NOROM¥A¥TAHW¥
1!¥EMIT¥RUOY¥GNITSAW¥MI¥
4!¥DETIAB¥EB¥OT¥
10!¥LEEF¥TI¥SEOD¥WOH¥DAEHKCID¥IH¥

So, as you can see, my friend, I cannot work with that! I don't know what's being asked of me. Please send me the details again in lower case (small letters, not capital letters) so that we can get this deal over with. I can smell the money, mmmm! I want to give you some of it, ok, old pal?

You didn't ask me how my trombone injury was healing. I thought you would show more concern for me, brother. I hope you will be glad to know that is is healing well, but wibbling to the left slightly. We are good friends, are we not? I think so. So we shouldn't talk just of money and business. We should talk about our lives, our likes, our menstrual cycles, everything. Please open up to me, brother. Tell me something interesting about your life with the church, I would love to hear it!

I was thinking of donating some money to a trombone charity, maybe in Africa somewhere. Do you know of any reputable ones in the country? Does your church work with any of them?

Blessings of Bolognese upon thee, my best friend! Please reply quickly so I can contact your nurse friend.

Bill.

I'm pretty sure he's scared off now, but Bill sends a panicked email, just in case I can squeeze a couple more emails out of this guy.

Subject: Please hurry!
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 18:52:42 +0100

Dear God,

I still await your reply. I am getting a bit worried. Did you receive my last email?I need you to tell me exactly what contact details to send onto Mrs. Justice, but in small letters so that I can read it.

I look forward to your fast reply. I want to get this matter finished with and get the money in my hands! Please don't make me wait any longer!

Your good friend,

Bill.

Finally, this idiot realises his time has been wasted!

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:46:04 +0800 (SGT)
Subject: Re: Please hurry!

HAVE THE SPIDER RUN OUT OF YOUR EYES. YOU MUST BE JOKING AND YOU WILL REGRET IT AT LAST.

Subject: Re: Please hurry!
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 17:01:38 +0100

Dear friend,

Thank you for replying. I was worried. I was starting to think maybe there was no money and you were playing a trick on me!

I can't read what you sent me, though. It's in CAPITAL FUCKING LETTERS! Please send it again in SMALL FUCKING LETTERS!, like I asked.

I just need to know which contact details your doctor friend needs from me. Name and address, obviously, but what else? My passport or drivers license? Would those be ok? And does he need a copy of my birth certificate?

Thank you for your patience in this matter. You have been a great help to me, brother. Please reply with the details I asked for and then I will contact your friend to get this deal moving.

Your best friend.

Bill.

After a few days I fire him another email, for the hell of it.

Subject: Is everything OK?
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 03:16:24 +0100

Dear friend

I don't understand why you have stopped responding to me. Can I trust you? I MISS YOU.

I will contact your friend and ask him what contact details of mine he needs. I have asked you for the information at least seventeen times at this stage.

Please tell your doctor friend to expect an email from me tomorrow. I hope you are doing well, dear brother, and I hope to talk to you soon.

Your B.F.F,

Bill.

I thought for sure that was the last I'd hear from the good reverend, but then I got one final message from him, not giving the information I asked for, but a contact he'd already given me... I did try to contact this new person/alternate character of his, but the email bounced back right away. And so ends my first ever bait attempt...

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 01:43:30 +0800 (SGT)
Subject: Is everything OK?

Here is the email to reach global trust company ([email protected])

THE END.
Correction: the end.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic