SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Tech Support scam baiting?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I subscribed to your forum today ( introduction here Wink ) and looking forward to how I may contribute.

As my introduction suggests, my main skillset is in IT and am wondering if there is a platform (either here, perhaps another site or just in general) for tech support scam baiting (as far as I know that’s always by phone) and how I may contribute to this.

If such a platform exists, I have some ideas in mind that may be of assistance … if they are viable, which is one of the reasons I’m asking here.

I know I sound very vague right now but in the past I’ve received some negative feedback when in my enthusiasm I threw too much at once on the table … so now I’m treading lightly to see how this pans out.

Wim.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This question comes up periodically, the most recent being last month.

For all the reasons mentioned in that thread, especially by Firehouse5 and Bware419ers, this is not something we do since it is not related to our focus on advance fee fraud.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read the thread you linked and it does indeed looks like the 419eater platform is not open to this type of scam baiting.

Bummer ... I was hoping it would be more receptive since on the main 419eater.com page it says "Although this site concentrates mainly on the Nigerian 419 scam, we are happy to deal with other types of scams if and when the opportunity arises." but the thread even got locked after a single day.
B8er's comment "This kind of thing would never have happened when SOOI was in charge. He'd have banned half a dozen members by now and demoted f5 to litter tray duty for failing to lock the thread." is in stark contrast with the previous statement.

Still, I would be happy to help out when and where needed. Although I don't think I could be a good AFF scam baiter. After reading some of the war stories here I think I lack the stamina to really keep the lad (trying to pick up the lingo here Smile ) dangling like that for months on end.

Thank you for your quick and concise reply and see you later perhaps. I think I'll stick around for a while.

Wim.
BigBeautifulBaiter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I might be off-base but I think the lack of anything related to technical support scamming is due to how much time is needed (it's not like you can spend 2 minutes of your time to waste 3 hours of theirs) as well as safety conerns (not exposing your own phone number and not downloading those programs)

I love hearing about those scammers, I can't imagine the patience it must take to waste their time. And I'm the complete opposite, I can't imagine being quick enough to keep them on the line for 5 minutes. Very Happy

"THEY ASKING FOR ONIONS AND GRAMS WHICH IS MEANT FOR THE INITIAL DEPOSIT FEE"
"nothing good can ever come out from stupid dawn and his family"
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

basically we focus on advance fee fraud. the tech support scam is a different type of scam, and baiting it while staying safe is hard (usually they have the phone numbers, they have the realnames and so on).

regarding IT-help... that's always welciome. we had a special member, deuzer, who ran some websites for baiting purpose. 2 shipping companies, lad can log in with the tracking number... an extremely convincing tool. form generators to give lads forms for several purposes (western union and moneygram forms for the lad to fill out, or bank transfer forms, the lads just made fools out of themselves when they have gone to the bank with a transfer slip from the sperm bank).

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BigBeautifulBaiter wrote:
[...]I think the lack of anything related to technical support scamming is due to how much time is needed (it's not like you can spend 2 minutes of your time to waste 3 hours of theirs)

True, but that's something I personally don't mind. I've already spent hours on end face to face with other type of scammers like [self censored due to community guidelines] who come knocking at my door on a sunday morning several times a year.

as well as safety conerns (not exposing your own phone number [...]
That, I have to agree, is a valid concern.
Albeit in my opinion fairly limited when viewed from the scope and targeted buget of those type of scammers ... But I'm aware that this could be my Dunning-Kruger effect speaking Smile

and not downloading those programs)
Now that's exactly where I wanted to donate my 2c to the cause. I can all but completely cancel that concern ... and even have the infrastructure available to do it in volume.

[...]I can't imagine being quick enough to keep them on the line for 5 minutes. Very Happy

You don't need to worry about that, even when you outright tell them you know they're scammers and confont them with the evidence they're still trying to keep up apperances.
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Robert Heinrich der 1. wrote:
regarding IT-help... that's always welciome. we had a special member, deuzer, who ran some websites for baiting purpose. 2 shipping companies, lad can log in with the tracking number... an extremely convincing tool. form generators to give lads forms for several purposes (western union and moneygram forms for the lad to fill out, or bank transfer forms, the lads just made fools out of themselves when they have gone to the bank with a transfer slip from the sperm bank).

Wow, that must have been a nice setup. I can imaginge how much time and effort went into creating the webforms.

But you said "we had a member" ... you don't anymore? and you don't have those websites available anymore ... because if not with tech support baiting, perhaps that's something I can assist in.

Wim.
Nigel Tuffnel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wim wrote:
B8er's comment "This kind of thing would never have happened when SOOI was in charge. He'd have banned half a dozen members by now and demoted f5 to litter tray duty for failing to lock the thread." is in stark contrast with the previous statement.

Welcome Wim! We are glad to have you with us. Concerning the above quote, it is a long story, but it is an "inside joke" concerning one of our retired (much feared - but deeply loved Rolling Eyes ) administrator/moderators. Nothing to fear, but stay away from any squirrels you might encounter in this community. Laughing

Speaking for the technically challenged members, we really do benefit from having strong IT background baiters with us. You never know exactly when some unique technical situation or question will occur, and it is really comforting to have experts available to provide advice.

Scambaiting has many, many different niches and opportunities. I hope you stay for a while, check out different things, and find something of personal interest to you!

Welcome again!

Closed lad accounts x 44 United Arab Emirates x2 Burkina Faso x5 Togo x69 United Kingdom x562 Benin x49 United States x113 Senegal x31 United Nations x8 South Africa x10 Ivory Coast x2 Malaysia x94 Canada x6 x2 Ghana x129 cameroon x2 Cambodia Flag x4 Spain x10 x71 Switzerland x15 Nigeria x68 Thailand x3 Italy x4 Netherlands x8 Russia x3 China x4 Malta x 3 Filipino flag x3 Panama Germany x4 Taiwan Iraq Flag Ireland x6 Hong Kong x2 Cayman Islands x4 Isle Of Man x2 Japan Belgium Comorian islands Guinea Bissau Ukraine Indonesia x2 Luxembourg x2 Saudi Arabia Mugu Reseller x2 Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wim wrote:

True, but that's something I personally don't mind. I've already spent hours on end face to face with other type of scammers like [self censored due to community guidelines] who come knocking at my door on a sunday morning several times a year.

I can feel your pain...

but we have the almighty "The Watchtower Apocalyptic Testament", and lads have built pyramids out of sand bags for TWAT. Twisted Evil

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

but we have the almighty "The Watchtower Apocalyptic Testament", and lads have built pyramids out of sand bags for TWAT. Twisted Evil

OMG! I came accoss a link to it in one of the threads I read !!BRILLIANT!! But reading the content ... do they really fall for it ... I mean the schedule just cracked me up
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here Wim,

Nigel said this a bit more eloquently than me but demmit am posting anyways...

Eater always has some use for anyone with some degree of technical knowledge whether they are designing forms, helping to identify and kill fake sites used by scammers, creating baiter friendly tools and whatnot so please take a good look around and you might find a niche that suits you.

As far as the comments aboot SOOI banning members please take that with a grain of salt as B8er is a tad disgruntled these days especially after the Tulsa Navy was disbanded back in October.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nigel Tuffnel wrote:
[...]Concerning the above quote, it is a long story, but it is an "inside joke" [...]

I figured as much since the tone was out of tune with the rest of the threads ... but the sentiment behind it (read: really not interested in tech support baiting) still lingers.

Nigel Tuffnel wrote:
Speaking for the technically challenged members, we really do benefit from having strong IT background baiters with us. You never know exactly when some unique technical situation or question will occur, and it is really comforting to have experts available to provide advice.
I'm available when needed ... might need to change my registerd e-mail address to one I don't use for ... ahum ... sorry ... one I don't use for spam Embarassed

Nigel Tuffnel wrote:
Scambaiting has many, many different niches and opportunities. I hope you stay for a while, check out different things, and find something of personal interest to you!
I think I will. So far the concept attracts me very much, if not for my original approach something else might catch my eye Smile

Nigel Tuffnel wrote:
Welcome again!

Thanks Smile
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oscarpiles wrote:
Welcome here Wim
Thanks Smile

oscarpiles wrote:
[...] B8er is a tad disgruntled these days especially after the Tulsa Navy was disbanded back in October.
I dun gettit ... I'll just chalk it up to another inside joke ... either from eater or something an American would know Smile

Wim.
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you wouldn't believe the things lads fall for.

seeing your marvin-avatar... for example, someone baited as an AI in a laboratory. the lad was eager to get money out of the AI.

and I once baited as a member of the italian mafia, who went to atlantis, the bait had moon colonies (with craptons of tiberium and dilithium in the subterranian part of it), star trek and star wars references, and the commander was of course cliff alister mclain (raumpatroullie orion).

laddy travelled over 5000km for something about 30 billion €. he hated it, when he couldn't meet with agent smith (the one from matrix).

Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[...] someone baited as an AI in a laboratory. the lad was eager to get money out of the AI.

and I once baited as a member of the italian mafia, who went to atlantis, the bait had moon colonies (with craptons of tiberium and dilithium in the subterranian part of it), star trek and star wars references, and the commander was of course cliff alister mclain (raumpatroullie orion).

laddy travelled over 5000km for something about 30 billion €. he hated it, when he couldn't meet with agent smith (the one from matrix).

Mattaz
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ You really need to read some baits published on the forum. You will be amazed about what is possible in Ladland! Laughing

Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

especially shorty, turd and the shorty-turd crossover. Twisted Evil

Gnarwhale
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone with this kind of skill set is helpful to *any* format and should be welcomed here.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wim wrote:
Wow, that must have been a nice setup. I can imaginge how much time and effort went into creating the webforms.

See here, it's from 2009 but still going strong (I think at least): https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174095

Wim wrote:
OMG! I came accoss a link to it in one of the threads I read !!BRILLIANT!! But reading the content ... do they really fall for it ... I mean the schedule just cracked me up

I'm actually quite astonished that it works, but of course not on all scammers. Of about 300 I have now got 2 (maybe only 1 as one is not answering anymore) who are willing to become members of TWAT.

I don't have to spend many minutes though. I have 3 different Gmail accounts with different TWAT personas (each persona use one of IE, Chrome, Firefox or Maxthon browser so I don't need to log out and log in)

1. I find some SPAMs, copy 30-40 e-mail addresses and BBC email them all the same message (often just "Hi! Did you get my message? /Jack" or something similar).
  2. For those who answer I more or less use this script http://scambaitingtools.com/modality_archive/TWAT/TWAT_For_Dummies.pdf
  3. Then I e-mail maximum one e-mail every day to those who get hooked, most often nothing during the weekend

I would guess I would get more on the hook if I in my first e-mail answered them all individually, but don't really have the time (I'm lazy Wink ).

But I'm just an amateur, the things people here make lads believe is just amazing, one example is Turd: https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=266431 (in page 65 there is actually a discussion about if he really believes all this crazy stuff)

One tip I would like to give you is to get an mentor (from https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183735 ), I did it when I started and got a lot of useful tips that made all SPAM baiting a lot more fun and easy.

Closed lad accounts x a few
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wim wrote:

Still, I would be happy to help out when and where needed. Although I don't think I could be a good AFF scam baiter. After reading some of the war stories here I think I lack the stamina to really keep the lad (trying to pick up the lingo here Smile ) dangling like that for months on end.

Thank you for your quick and concise reply and see you later perhaps. I think I'll stick around for a while.

I'm a crap baiter, I truly am. Always have been Laughing I just tried different kind of things and eventually found a niche market that I liked, which was sitekilling: tracking down and shutting down scammer websites. Tedious work which most members here really dislike but I thought it was fun.

With your skillset you'll definitely find something you like: Straightbaits for bankaccounts (Not a lot of imagination needed), trophybaits if you're advanced, sitekilling if you like the feeling of repeatedly banging your head against a brick wall, creating websites and tools to annoy scammers, ... There's something for everyone. Just poke around, try a few things and see what sticks. Welcome to eater Very Happy

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^What Cali said.

I've never got a Sand Timer because I tend to get bored easily and the thought of dragging a lad on for months on end doesn't interest me and I tend to find a way of dropping them.

There are many baitersthough who are doing large amounts of damage to scammers quickly straight-baiting for bank accounts or targetting credit card scammers and getting multiple compromised cards shut done. You rarely see those baits published as they would be boring as hell to read.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Wim. As others have already mentioned there are all sorts of different angles. The most over-the-top baits are truly impressive and daunting, but many of them could not have been accomplished without support, assistance, suggestions and tools made by other forum members. I write this having never succeeded at this style of bait myself - my speciality is being slow, annoying, and very bad at written English..... and not much else.

And please don't be daunted by the apparent difficulty - we all have to start somewhere and there are so many scammers out there, that if something doesn't work you can just abandon a scammer and start with a new one.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Wim,
Welcome to Eater! We really are a friendly crew. Tech support is hugely welcome-we always need modalities (think TWAT) websites, forms , illusory delivery services etc..

Read a bit, see what you might like and if you've signed up for a mentor, talk it over with them. I do a little bit of most things except site kill. there's always something fun to ruin a lad's day going on.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caligula wrote:
[...] creating websites and tools to annoy scammers [...]

Now there's something I could be good at.
In my first attempt to get some additional mind involved I posted a question at superuser.com (link removed (see the forum rules)-bware419ers ) but I got shot down there too because they felt it was too open ended.
One of the questions that used to be in that post (I removed it in an attempt to make the question more in line with the platform, a futile attempt apparently) went something like this:

"
In the grey area between tech support scam baiting and being malicious myself I’m thinking of creating an application that looks like a online banking app which connects to my (obviously fake) bank account.
When tool is run on the Honeypot target it would look like a genuine application with little or no security but when the tech support scammer transfers it to his own computer and runs it there it would trash his pc as much as possible (only local pc is targeted and the app would delete itself as its final action to avoid it going viral)
"

An alternate purpose this app could serve is that the lad is allowed to connect to the computer so he can see for himself that you made a (fake, but that's something the lad doesn't need to know) money transfer
... just tossing out an idea and see where it lands

Caligula wrote:
Welcome to eater Very Happy

Thanks Smile

Last edited by Wim on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Capone wrote:
Hi Wim,
Welcome to Eater!

thanks Smile

Capone wrote:
Read a bit, see what you might like and if you've signed up for a mentor, talk it over with them.

I prefer to keep a low profile for now, learn the lingo a little (no idea what straight-baiting is for example) and see how things evolve before I sign up for the mentor program ...

... and some of the impressive war stories here are rather intimidating Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic