SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why not examine some of the reasons behind the growth in 419

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Old Coaster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Master Shake wrote:
Old Coaster wrote:
The culture of Southern Nigeria has always admired those who can make money without working and I have scam letters going back to the 1950's.

!!!

Any way you could scan one or two and post it (for historical purposes, with a large "SCAM" imprinted on it) for those of us who are curious?

Sorry, they are in a trunk in the loft which is full of my late father's effects. When I next go through it, I will copy them. They are written on airmail paper and ask for relatively small sums as loans. They tended to be sent by the relatives or our servants when my father was on leave in the UK.

OC

United Kingdom Nigeria United Kingdom Spain
sploon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good thread!

What about the fake Lottery scams. Don't many of them originate in Holland?

I have gotten them from Canada too. Greed knows no ethnic, racial or physical locations. If they feel they can scam you, they will.

We have so called "psychics" in the news all the time. Hummm, should I visit a fortune teller with a lottery email?

Sploon
deckard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first post...woowhoo Very Happy

I had an IT Law lecture today at university, partly about 419. The lecturer asked if anyone had actualy replied to a 419 an e-mail, I proudly put my hand up! Think I might write an essay on it- 419eater would of course get a mention.

It has existed for decades- there used to be factorys in Nigeria where hundreds of people were employed to write out scams by hand then mail them around the world. The internet was just a more efficient means of doing so. Spam in general is rising exponentially, in fact before the end of the decade spam will account for 0ver 90% of internet traffic. What a horrible thought Sad

Deckard
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic