SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

scam stats and scambaiting stats

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Father Moleman: Don't get started on Western Union. They actually do MORE to try to prevent scam victims than most federal agencies tasked with the job. I urge you to search the forum on the subject and read old discussions.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
scamstats
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
@SH: I completely understand your frustration, but nothing is stopping you from getting back to work. Wink Anyone who doesn't want to take time to answer his questions can ignore the thread.

No rules have been broken and the discussion has remained polite, so no need for us to lock the thread.

Thanks, I hope I haven't offended anyone here, and I certainly don't want to distract people here from doing what I firmly and honestly believe is the good work that people who come here do.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can see that we are firmly against the idea of paid scambaiting, for a variety of reasons. If you continue to insist that our members' valid points are invalid or toss them aside as "handled but I can't explain why", you're probably going to find that members become increasingly frustrated with you.

Please accept our collective stance on the subject and move on.

As for the other part of your request for help, we've also addressed that. I'm afraid scambaiting can't be quantified the way you want it to either. Good luck with your research on the subject. If you do find good statistics, of course we would be interested to have you post them here.

Lastly, please note our advice about resources best allocated to awareness and education and take it into consideration. If you've not already done so, visit http://ScamWarners.com, our sister site. Be aware that it is an information site, not a discussion site, so the discussion you posted here is not appropriate for that site.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scamstats wrote:
I understand that people don't believe me. I understand that they think I am some newbie to this world and that I must be an idiot. I get it. I understand that they want to know EXACTLY what I am proposing and EXACTLY how it would work, etcetera. I get that.

I am skeptical of why you can't detail the proposal any further than vague hints. I am also incredibly skeptical of the fact that you claim to have a system worked out that addresses all of our concerns, but you started this thread asking if we have research or stats on scams and baiting. Seems to me like you'd have to have the research done first to know what the value proposition is, before building anything or trying to solicit financial backing.

In baiting, as with many things in life, the old saying that "there is nothing new under the sun" holds true, and there are very few genuinely new ideas. You may have worked out a way to monetize baiting in a way that doesn't defeat the purpose, but I think it far more likely that someone has tried this before and met with failure.

All the same, I wish you good luck in your fight against the lads.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2

Last edited by Big X on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ahmastin Geebougah
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I started reading this thread determined to avidly read every word no matter what. Then, as I clicked the 'next' button for the second time I realised what a fool I am. I've been allowing somebody to totally waste my valuable time over the biggest load of rubbish I've read since this morning when a hairy-arsed, sweaty bloke sitting in an internet cafe in some god-forsaken place or another, tried to convince me that he was a sexy, charming, desirable and extraordinarily rich young woman who had fallen instantly and eternally in love with my email address.

Scamstats - Sorry, my friend, it's time to withdraw, your idea is a non-runner.
scamstats
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Big X wrote:
I am skeptical of why you can't detail the proposal any further than vague hints. I am also incredibly skeptical of the fact that you claim to have a system worked out that addresses all of our concerns, but you started this thread asking if we have research or stats on scams and baiting. Seems to me like you'd have to have the research done first to know what the value proposition is, before building anything or trying to solicit financial backing.

In baiting, as with many things in life, the old saying that "there is nothing new under the sun" holds true, and there are very few genuinely new ideas. You may have worked out a way to monetize baiting in a way that doesn't defeat the purpose, but I think it far more likely that someone has tried this before and met with failure.

All the same, I wish you good luck in your fight against the lads.

I completely understand your skepticism.

So far my system is self-funded. That part's not the hard part. But I don't have the resources to bring it up and running to the public so to speak. It might be possible to garner some funding for it, but I will need to convince the people with the purse strings that the endeavor is worth their time and money. Hence my coming here to ask about scam and scambaiting stats.

You might be right that what I propose has been tried before and that it will be met with failure. But I don't really need protection from such a possible fate.

I appreciate your well wishes. I have been asked to leave, and so I will. I don't want to upset people here. That's certainly not the goal. So unless someone has some links to some scam studies or stats, or someone wants to have a discussion that doesn't involve calling me a clueless idiot or whatever, I wish us all well in our various fights against the lads.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scamstats wrote:
I appreciate your well wishes. I have been asked to leave, and so I will. I don't want to upset people here. That's certainly not the goal. So unless someone has some links to some scam studies or stats, or someone wants to have a discussion that doesn't involve calling me a clueless idiot or whatever, I wish us all well in our various fights against the lads.

If you meant my comment to "move on", I wasn't asking you to leave Eater. I was asking you to move on from the discussion. You're welcome to stay, participate and learn - we can always use more baiters and site killers.

Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While I disagree with your idea, you have not broken any rules and you have been polite in arguing your case.

Let's talk of other things and you might find you want to stay for awhile. Wink

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
scamstats
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
scamstats wrote:

If you meant my comment to "move on", I wasn't asking you to leave Eater. I was asking you to move on from the discussion. You're welcome to stay, participate and learn - we can always use more baiters and site killers.

Thanks for the invitation to stay. I appreciate that. But my goal was to find some pointers to some stats on scams and scambaiting.

Understandably, people want to know why, and understandably people are skeptical, and understandably people want to tell me all the reasons why what I have proposed is a bad idea. I really wish that I could get into a more detailed technical discussion because I think people here would appreciate that, and I think if people understood the technical details, then they might be more forgiving as to the understandable (have I used that word enough) "people shouldn't get paid to do scambaiting" reaction.

I appreciate the offer to stay and engage scammers one on one and post my stories etcetera, but my days of scambaiting at the individual level are long gone. I had my fun. I am looking to put my efforts into the fight in other ways. I think that educating the public is important, helping the victims is important, and baiting the scammers is important. I think what people do here is GREAT. But I don't think it has to be the ONLY game in town. There might be a place for something a little different too.

I'll hang around a while and see if anyone who has an actual life on Saturday comes around during the week and has some pointers to studies or stats. Other than that, I'm not sure.
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, Ima, when do I get my bonus cheque? Its late, again. I know its Saturday, and I don't have a life, but if you can look into it Monday, that would be great.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is the end of the month and I need to get paid also.

As you know I use a fake name, email address, throw away phone and address.

As always send via Western Union and kindly forward me a copy of the receipt.

I will continue to help scam bait until I get a life.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't believe I wasted over 11 years of my life giving away my baiting skills when I could have been raking in the big bucks.

Live and learn. I'm off to get a life and apply for a paid baiting position. At least Eater should look good on my resumé.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wrote:
you have been polite in arguing your case

Spoke too soon... Sad

I'm trying Ima... Wink

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

@scamstats: You know that most of the members, through their frustration, were remaining polite, but ready should you throw a dig. You probably shouldn't have said that bit about not having lives, especially since you were out joining new forums on a Saturday. Wink

Everyone relax. Paychecks are on the way and drinks are on me. beers!

Please consider this thread closed and resolved unless anyone has any meaningful statistics on scams or baiting to contribute. Please don't make the thread devolve or drag on to the point it needs to be locked. Thank you!

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan, don't even think about asking me to give you a "reference" for that new job. Your record here is rather spotty, to put it nicely.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IBTL.

(Finally got one)

No you didn't - go play elsewhere. I have other buttons besides the lock button you know. Custom tag? Warned? Twisted Evil -Ima
Mattaz
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'll hang around a while and see if anyone who has an actual life on Saturday comes around during the week and has some pointers to studies or stats.

Don't bother, those who have a life on saturday, doesn't have one during the week. tsss
Bad loser...

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me just repeat:

Please consider this thread closed and resolved unless anyone has any meaningful statistics on scams or baiting to contribute. Please don't make the thread devolve or drag on to the point it needs to be locked. Thank you!

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Wrote:
Quote:
No you didn't - go play elsewhere. I have other buttons besides the lock button you know. Custom tag? Warned? Twisted Evil -Ima

Is this because I didn't Woo you in the VD thread?

Laughing
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a pretty good sense of humor and a lot of patience, but you're pushing it a bit. Move along.

scamstats
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Justcold wrote:
I wrote:
you have been polite in arguing your case

Spoke too soon... Sad

I'm trying Ima... Wink

Umm, ya'll realize that my "not having a life on a Saturday" comment was a self-depreciating dig towards myself, not a comment on others. As in "I have no life - so I am here on a Saturday" not as in "others don't have a life so they are hear on a Saturday". Sorry if it was a little confusing.
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ima, Apologies.

Off I go....
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@scamstats –You have Weathered the Storm here rather well in my opinion.

Stick around and do some reading as you might be surprised at what a bunch of 'Volunteers' can accomplish.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Mr. Labowski
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeez people, it seems to me this new guy has been respectful and while his idea might not have much weight to it, I hardly see why there is a need to lock the thread or tell him to move on?

At least he's trying to fight the good fight...

Safari Ghana > Bouake Safari Accra > Abidjan > Divo 14-days <a href="https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255631&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0">"I slept by de roadside!"</a> Safari Bamako > Abidjan > Bouake Safari Lagos > Lome Safari Birmingham > Looe Safari Cambridge > Looe
Golden Pith Accra > Bouake > Korhogo (Eric & Franklin) 56-days <a href="https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=272042&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0">"Uzumbo and his gang will kill us here!"</a> Safari Accra > Abuja
Safari Accra > Abuja > Jos > Bauchi > Gombe > Biu > Maiduguri (Eric & Franklin) 40-days
Safari Lagos > Yaounde (Team Humphere) Safari Abuja > Niamey (Archie) "You are circuit of psychological derail bastards"
Jack BootEaster 2015 Whip Mc Fry The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer =2
scamstats
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
Let me just repeat:

Thanks. I will hold up my end and not post any more. I will hang around for a while and hopefully someone might come along and offer some more pointers to studies or stats on scammers etcetera. The one's provided early on were great. Again, I meant no parting shot at anyone here, and again I appreciate all that people do here.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic