SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad Deck Playing Cards (NOW COMPLETED!!)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Padme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread is for the continuation of Lad Deck

Updated Feb 25, 2015

https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163444

What is Lad Deck? Back in 2009, some of our members contributed to make a deck of playing cards each featuring a different lad trophy. This bait is to finish the deck, which will be made available to Eater members, friends and family via cafepress in time for the 2015 Holiday Season!

How it works: We will divide into teams. One for each suit. As this is a continuation of an existing bait, we will not be competing simply to see what team finishes the deck first. We will also look at firsts (first trophy for the new series, first card from a new eater member, etc.), special trophies (tattoos, elaborate costumes, etc.), and so on.

Modalities: Any baiting modality or premise you can use to get your lad to take a photo showing her/himself as a particular playing card is acceptable. The only caveat is that they should be "semi-safe for work" / no nudity. Whatever is reasonably acceptable for PG-rated playing cards. The bait starts as soon as teams are decided.

MEMBERS SIGNED UP
agnomen
Big X
bware419ers
Capone
Doctor Seviche
dr stephen williams
El Burro Guapo
Lehigh Guy
Leka
Lester
Just Cold
Merv48
Mr. Labowski
Rowan
shadowboxer
TheLoneHaranguer

TEAMS

Clubs: B8er:
bware419ers, dr stephen williams, Leka, Merv48 and shadowboxer

Complete!! beers!

Diamonds: JustCold
Big X, Doctor Seviche, Lehigh Guy, Just Cold, limburger, DoomAngel, and Rowan

K Done
Q - Done
J - Done
10 - Rowan/Big X
9 Done
8 - limburger
7 Done
6 - Open
5 - Done
4 Done
3 Done
2 - Done
A Done

J Hearts - Open

Hearts

J Hearts - See above/open

Spades: Padme:
agnomen, Capone, El Burro Guapo, Lester, Mr. Labowski, and TheLoneHaranguer

A
K
Q - TheLoneHaranguer in progress
J
10 - Lebowski in progress
9 - Lester in progress
7 - agnomen in progress
6 - Lebowski done
3 - Capone in progress
2 - El Burro Guapo in progress
2 Hearts - Capone done

Jokers - open to all!

See all of the existing cards here: https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163444

Some inspiration

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey

Last edited by Padme on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:55 am; edited 13 times in total
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^If you will organize it and whip us members until we cry for mercy if we don't finish it....I'm in. Laughing

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That was a fun project. It would be fine with me if it were continued. I can run it through the mod lounge if there is enough interest.

And for the record, I did receive an Ace of diamonds for my team. It was just deemed to be NSFW (in my sig under ~ Lads attempt to light a fart ~) Laughing

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My efforts at getting photo trophies have not met with much success so far but I'm always up for a good laugh.

As far as getting funding for this project, is this something we could put on Kickstarter (or would that be a bit too public for our little hobby?)?

Safari T.W.A.T Vcamera Pastor Omar (Edo->N'Djamena->Abeche): "I have been slept in tached huts in the Sahara deserts"
Safari x3 T.W.A.T Vcamera x3 Tattoo Rev. Prosper (Lagos->Timbuktu): "I have never been in to this type of thing in my life and you called it enjoyment"
Easter 2015 Vcamera Goat Jack Boot
Mortar

House Haranguer: Alone we stand, together we thrive

"trust is hard to build until the foot step of trust has been stepped" Jammy King, getting philosophical

"i HAVE WRITTEN 73 MESSAGES TO YOU WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" Rev. Boutin Dickson, not getting it
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ I think cafe press will print/produce the item on a per order basis, not 100% certain, as it's been a while since I've looked into it.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Lad Deck is awesome.

An open plea to the original lad deck baiters:

We would love to revive this one. Please share with us your insights and modalaties. What worked? What failed? The thread has some history, but we want the pro tips!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

"I swear with my living GOD I SERVE BY WHATEVER FIND HOLY ...THIS IS TRULY HOLY HAND JOB I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU”
_______
Am surprise you are west-ting this much time and you know that your daughters life is astake ... I see it strange, something is fishing."
_______
"If You Are A Sinner That Means You Will Go To Hill. Repaint ..."
_______
"you son a beach , bastard , you will die by gun, ogun will kill you [a dozen death threats snipped] ANY PLANS YOU HAVE PLANNED EITHER TO RUB ME OR ANY OTHER THING , YOU WILL DIR BY OGUN BYE" -- One truly pissed off lad.
Padme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
I can run it through the mod lounge if there is enough interest.

That would be great. Are all of the original team captains still active? If not, I can take a team. If so, I'm happy to participate in any team.

Last I saw, Cafepress does indeed to per-item orders, as do plenty of other outlets these days so getting them made should not be an issue. If someone has the original hi-res files, that would be ideal.

....so, is this happening? (hopes)

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll mention it in the mod lounge and get back with the "official" answer, but I don't think there will be any issues with reviving the project. Worst case scenario, we get new folks involved, get a bunch of trophies, piss off some lads in the process, and have a unique X-mas gift, for extended family, that makes them go... Confused

Stargate, Big Worm and Nurse Nasty were the other captains. None have been around in a while.

So who's in for captain positions?

Padme, you can take your pick of Spades, Hearts or Clubs.

Padme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll take risky-free diamonds.

If he's willing, I nominate B8er for one of the remaining captain slots.

Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I nominate B8er

That is a nice way to make you and the other captains look good...no matter the outcome. B8er couldn't get a trophy pic to save his goat. Twisted Evil

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^You still suck (or so the writing on the wall of the cubicle at the truck stop says)

I'll take clubs and give JC the girly hearts - they'll match the pattern on the pink wallpaper in his boudoir.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Padme wrote:

Hey, that wasn't one of the choices! You just kicked me off my own team? Sad

Laughing

Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^Jeez...a mod can't get no respect around here. Laughing

Those are just the first ones in my list....I will be happy to be a part of a team. Padme, B8er, Jose and one other..(Juan perchance?) would make excellent captains.

Padme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
Padme wrote:

Hey, that wasn't one of the choices! You just kicked me off my own team? Sad

Laughing

ROFL.... How about Spades?

Mr. Labowski
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG this is fantastic! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Safari Ghana > Bouake Safari Accra > Abidjan > Divo 14-days <a href="https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255631&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0">"I slept by de roadside!"</a> Safari Bamako > Abidjan > Bouake Safari Lagos > Lome Safari Birmingham > Looe Safari Cambridge > Looe
Golden Pith Accra > Bouake > Korhogo (Eric & Franklin) 56-days <a href="https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=272042&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0">"Uzumbo and his gang will kill us here!"</a> Safari Accra > Abuja
Safari Accra > Abuja > Jos > Bauchi > Gombe > Biu > Maiduguri (Eric & Franklin) 40-days
Safari Lagos > Yaounde (Team Humphere) Safari Abuja > Niamey (Archie) "You are circuit of psychological derail bastards"
Jack BootEaster 2015 Whip Mc Fry The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer =2
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Padme wrote:
ROFL.... How about Spades?

Done!

Padme / Spades
B8er / Clubs
jose_cuervo / Diamonds
??? / Hearts

Who's stepping up as captain for hearts?

godbobdog
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^
Too long ago, too long apart

Sand Timer Roberto/Jonathan/Harry/Tony "OGUN GO KILL YOU FOR ROAD MANAGER CHIEF CHIEF CHIEF"
Padme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Starting point for Spades...

2 OPEN
3 OPEN

4 DONE
5 DONE
6 OPEN
7 OPEN

8 DONE
9 OPEN
10 OPEN

J DONE
Q OPEN
K DONE

A DONE

Who wants to sign on for team Spades?

Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^We are going to fill in what was not baited before and not start over? Just asking for clarification.

Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I think it's only fair to start it over again. Otherwise one team might have an unfair and unearned advantage.

I think we should have baiters sign up for the teams, and then once the teams are set, they work out amongst themselves how they want to split up the task of getting the individual cards. We are best at what we do when we compete as part of a team.

I'm interested in signing up for a team.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^What NN and the rest did was excellent...no doubt about it and it will be hard to even come close to their work.

But I agree about starting over...their work is theirs (exceptions for Jose, Ghost and other current members) and I thought we would be starting anew.

That said...I'll work with whatever OP wants to do. Very Happy

Padme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Editing as I had some new thoughts....

Some options I see:

1. Add to original deck - that way you have a rather neat combination of old member/new member trophies. Also the old trophies are excellent.

2. Start new - have it reflect who is here now. Good fun competition.

3. Start new and have the other cards included as a supplement when ordering the deck for those who want the "old and new" lad cards.

I vote for option 1 or 3 but will happily go with whatever the majority of people competing and mods think makes sense.

B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be a shame to lose the great trophies that are in the original pack. Also, I don't know how long it took to get the original cards, but 53 new cards could take a while and the original attempt obviously fizzled out after a while.

I think option 3 will be difficult - you're moving away from the likes of CafePress who customise standard items into the realms of specialist printers to add in the extras (unless you mean having 2 packs available).

The other thing is that having looked at the CafePress site, they customise the backs of standard cards - not the actual faces. It could still be difficult to find an "on demand" printer who will customise the faces.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Padme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking print all of the cards, but you are right, that does make it more than 52, and therefore not a "standard deck".

The original trophies are amazing (especially the tattoos!) and hard won. I personally want to play with those cards.

There are still many more cards to get so an option 4 would be to set up an alternative competition metric vs first-to-finish. Something that would allow the teams to have a fun and fair competition that is separate from the original, but still have a completed product that includes all cards new and old.

Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Sounds good. Looking at it again, there are plenty of cards that still need to be baited.

So we just need another captain, right?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic