SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first work - check scam over CL

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jetmaniac
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not nearly as creative, time-consuming, or damaging as some I've seen, but I got the guy for 2 checks totaling $15, 400 and cost the scammer $40 for shipping USPS Next Day.

Before anyone tells me I screwed up using my real phone number, I know I did. Pretty stupid looking back, but it was dropped in my lap and I just rolled with it.

Scammer sends me a text asking if my items are still for sale, and I tell "her" they are. I'm asked to provide a PayPal. I don't have PayPal, but I'll take a check. Scammer asks me to send mailing address and remove the post. I send my PO Box number and receive a check 2 days later for $7500 ($3000 more than the list price).

A day or two (probably 3) of stalling, I finally tell "her" I am going to the bank in the morning. Well, don't ya know, my truck was broken into and the check was stolen. I send a text explaining and tell "her" to deduct $100 for the trouble.

2 days later I get another check. This one for $7,900. I send a few more texts back explaining my secretary must have the check and I'll get it in the bank ASAP.

Unfortunately, it ends here. I had great plans for this one, but they fell through. I was going to tell her that I spent some time in the custody of the Secret Service being questioned about the check (which would have made for perfect timing with my anniversary trip).

No matter, I consider it mildly successful. I notified the banks and companies that the checks were drawn on and got two of them out of circulation. And made the scammer waste $40.

As a side note, it is amazing how cooperative and helpful people are in some government offices when you tell them you are hunting a scammer and need property owner info and such.

I did not use my real name, however. If anyone wants the number for this joker, I'll be happy to dig it up and pass it along.
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ummm, I hate to pull a "Chicken Little" here and start screaming about how the sky is falling but exactly how much of your personal information did you give the scammer?

You said the scammer has your phone number but, if the scammer sent a check to your PO box, that means he/she also knows what city you live in.

Then, unless you had the scammer send a check to a business owned by you, that means the scammer also has your name.

Not good. Please think about everything the scammer might know about you and respond back.

Safari T.W.A.T Vcamera Pastor Omar (Edo->N'Djamena->Abeche): "I have been slept in tached huts in the Sahara deserts"
Safari x3 T.W.A.T Vcamera x3 Tattoo Rev. Prosper (Lagos->Timbuktu): "I have never been in to this type of thing in my life and you called it enjoyment"
Easter 2015 Vcamera Goat Jack Boot
Mortar

House Haranguer: Alone we stand, together we thrive

"trust is hard to build until the foot step of trust has been stepped" Jammy King, getting philosophical

"i HAVE WRITTEN 73 MESSAGES TO YOU WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" Rev. Boutin Dickson, not getting it
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jetmania,

Welcome to eeater-and TLH has a good point. Several of them in fact. The guy txting you on your phone with your number is a criminal, right? A scammer? And you gave him further info, including a PO Box and address. As you pointed out, it isn't hard to find out info about owners or just watch to see who picks up the mail. Plus the checks were made out to someone-your name? This isn't a good idea to hand your personal info over to a criminal. I'd block the contact on your phone and maybe pay attention to my bank statements for a couple months.

If you want to bait, have fun and cause mayhem, please bait safely with none of your real life info. You want to take a look at this thread and think about a mentor.
https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237673

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic