SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Chrome on Android

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone here use Chrome on an Android device?

I've just opened the App after not using it for a couple of days and am getting a warning from Avast that it is flagged as malware.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the ap and still get the same thing

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been running Chrome on Android (Samsung Tab2 7.0) for about 6 months without issue. Avast doesn't seem to mind it. Curious if the browsers "add ons" might be an issue? I have noticed recent android builds of Avast have been almost paranoid with regards to privacy protection. Check preferences maybe?

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have chrome on my nexus 5, and ive noticed its been acting odd the last few days. Running slow, not opening links etc etc.

I dont have avast or similar on my phone so not sure about that.

Badgerbait might be right about a chrome app/extension/toolbar thats freaking out avast....

"GO DRINK POISEN AND SLEEP THEN DIE FUCK WITH YOUR MONEY"

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haven't got to the bottom of what the cause is but uninstalling and re-installing Chrome seems to have fixed it.

A full scan of the phone with Avast and Malwarebytes showed nothing, but it was still being flagged every time I tried to open the browser.

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B8er, is this similar?

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/60776/my-avast-mobile-security-is-giving-me-massive-warnings-about-trojans-such-as

Looks a removal/reinstall of Avast might be in order, rather thatn chrome being the culprit?

Also found:

[url]http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/EDJTbPaW5dg[/url]

^^^tags aren't working for some reason on this url...

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first one looks similar - although I only got the warning on Chrome, all the other apps seem to be working fine.

It looks like an Avast virus definitions issue rather than a problem with the avast app itself - so perhaps they've updated the definitions in the time between me noticing the problem and re-installing chrome.

If it starts playing up again I'll try re-installing Avast.

I'm 99.99% certain the phone is clean as Malwarebytes normally picks up any nasties that Avast misses.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic