SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Staying in hospital

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just found out I need surgery to remove a large ovarian cyst, which will then be sent for analysis to check for cancer. Sad I'm booked in for a laparotomy on 13 January - apparently the cyst is far too big to do it by laparoscopy. It's my first time staying in hospital, and they've kindly given me a leaflet on what to expect, take with me etc - but I know there's a few old hands here (does the NHS do season tickets?) and was wondering if anyone has any tips about being an inpatient?

Knowing you lot though, one proviso - I am nervous enough about all this, so no horror stories thank you very much, unless you want your head twisting off and stuck on the nearest christmas tree. Ta.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, Cougie! I don't have any tips, so I'm sending you lots 'o hugs instead.

((((((hugs))))))

♥♥♥

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dress for comfort as much as possible. Nothing tight fitting that will be a PITA to put back on when you leave. You probably won't feel much like reading or other things. Just resting and recovering. They tend to do the procedure, get you up on your feet ASAP, & send you home.

(I had two wives that had Hysterectomies. Not the same but close)

Try to have the Doc prescribe the medications you will need at home a day early to your family so they can get them early. It's miserable sitting in a car waiting for a prescription when you would rather be home in a comfortable chair or bed. Maybe have the fixings for heat or cold packs depending on which feels better after the surgery.

Sorry that you have to go through this. If I think of something else I will add.

Last edited by Big Al on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Deadflag1
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's terrible, I hope everything turns out alright!

"Please sir stop deceiving your self i can finally notice that you are never a serious type, but in all things we give thanks to God almighty, but its a pity you said you are a Father but i never see the spirit of sincerity in you, just use your tongue and count on your teeth... you are a noisy man... look man you are never sincere, right from the time... God bless you after putting me in debt and also in problem, "
- Mr. Abdullah
Closed lad accounts x2

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, and socks. For some reason or another my feet always get cold after anesthesia so I brought along warm socks (and slippers too, if they let me).

@Big Al, excellent advice as well.

Do not worry, Cougie, we're all here for you.

(((hugging Cougie again)))

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly I am sorry to hear of your situation. Us Folk around here will keep you in our thoughts and Prayers!

Tips yes I’ve got plenty! Now I’ve never had even an overnight stay in the Hospital as I’m usually more of the Emergency Room type of guy after a few too many but I have spent days upon days with Friends and Family. Hospital stays can be very boring and uncomfortable so most of this is how to avoid that. In no particular order:

- Books, lots of Books and Magazines and anything you like to read. Get twice what you think you need. The same goes for DVDs and the like.

- Comfort food that can be stored without too much of a problem. Once again the more the better.

- If you want visitors then encourage them. Many people do not feel comfortable visiting the ‘Sick’ as they don’t want to bother them. A half an hour with a Friend can be something that will brighten your day. If you don’t want company then make it clear to the Nursing staff who and who cannot visit. Some folks can really ef up your day….

- Make sure you have a Wireless device that works off Cell technology (in case there is no Internet access).

- Hobbies. Ever wanted to Knit a Sweater? Or learn Small Engine Repair? Or Morse Code? Now is the time.

- Comfortable clothes and lots of them. Think of your favorite PJs and Slippers and Robe and keep packing. Depending upon the situation you may not have a lot of Privacy so you may want to keep that in mind when packing. You might be allowed to wander around the Hospital at length so keep that in mind.

- Headphones/Music. Sick people can be loud and annoying. Their Relatives can be much worse especially on Weekends. For example, one of my Father’s roommates thought his Buzzer was a Microphone so he yelled into incessantly until I figured out what the problem was and simply took care of him too.

- Personal items! Favorite pictures, a Teddy Bear, anything that makes you feel more comfortable.

- Personal Hygiene products like Shampoo or Soap or Toothpaste or whatever you use on a Daily Basis. Pamper yourself when you can.

- Phone numbers. Anyone who you have ever wanted to phone lately and anyone who you care about.

Horror Stories? Nah! Hospitals are like Hotels with really strange Staff Members, Guests and Rules. Once you are feeling better I'll tell you all about 'Oscar's Most Excellent Adventure Through the Windshield Glass' or 'Whadda Ya Mean I can't Smoke in here? I don't see no signs?' and my Self-Help Book 'A Shit Load of Ways on how to get First in Line for Emergency Treatment'.

Keep your Stick on the Ice!

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ You might ask how many days you are supposed to be in the hospital for before you pack the kitchen sink.

Some surgeries are through just three small holes in your abdomen and you might only be there a day or three before they send you home.

When I last heard Laparotomy, It was done by either a bikini cut similar to a C-Section (1st Wife) or completely done by going up through your Girlie parts. (2nd wife). Both took about a week back then for recovery before they sent you home. (Over 10 years ago)
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oscarpiles wrote:
Keep your Stick on the Ice!

Ditto. Best wishes your way!

#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^I was only throwing out suggestions. I Apologize if I have Offended anybody but I've seen some people who are completely alone in hospitals without anyone to help them so I thought I'd offer some of my observations and experiences.

Sorry. I was just trying to be helpful....

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cougar, I wish you the best. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Oscars hospital stay recommendations are excellent. Keep busy.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For never spending a night in the hospital OP, you do have a lot of good tips. Next time I am admitted (and I will be in the next coming months) I want you to come an pack for me! And sit with me while I am there.

I am an old hat for hospital stays. (first time was the week of thanksgiving when I was 13- I am now 45. appendix out- no turkey Evil or Very Mad ) I have gone from being a terrified patient to the worst patient you could ever imagine. I won't go into horror stories, because I have those, too, so I will just give you a couple of tips to add to those already stated above. I have Crohn's disease and have been hospitalized more times than I can remember. I hate being in the hospital. I don't know what the rules are at the hospital you are going to, but having someone with me during the evenings until I fall asleep always helped. Staying in the hospital is the loneliest place. I know the difference of being alone and being lonely and the only time I have ever been lonely is in the hospital. If I am alone, I cry myself to sleep. It's weird because the only time that happens is when I am in the hospital. I feel so vunerable at the time. If you don't have someone, bring a laptop with DVD's. I don't imagine you'll be in for long, you might have surgery and be let go the next day. If so, get as much pain relief you can, sleep and then go home. Anyway- jabbering too much and you want tips!

#1 tip- most important EVER! Have someone with you who knows your medical history. Someone who knows you intimately (this does not necessarily mean in the biblical sense) Someone to speak up for you if you can't speak up for yourself. Someone who can tell if something if off with you. Remember, the nurses (the hell with the drs. they don't do crap) don't know you. If you are in pain and the nurses don't do anything about it, then this person can firmly fight for you. I have my fiancé who knows my medical history better than I. He can also tell if I am "not myself".

#2 tip- Make sure you have an advance directive. Someone who can legally make decisions if you are unable to . This is not to scare you, but to help you. You don't need to spend money on this, most hospitals have a form you can fill out. This is to protect you. If something happens, you have someone who will comply with wishes you may have. This is usually the person in tip #1, but it doesn't have to be. Who do you trust to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to.

#3 tip- Speak up! If you are not being communicated with, or do not understand something, don't be afraid to speak up and say you don't understand. If the person who is supposed to communicate with you, isn't, get someone else who will. Ask to speak with the charge nurse, if she's the problem, ask for her supervisor.

#4 tip- the best way to recover from surgery is to WALK! After surgery try and get up as soon as possible. Walk the halls. Sometimes I would walk just because I am bored and it wastes time.

Good luck, I also have ovarian cysts. (most all women do, they just don't know and the cysts resolve themselves). Those can be very painful. Hope the biopsies come back negative.

Positive thoughts coming your way! Hope it all turns out okay and make sure you let us know you're okay afterwards. Take all the pampering you can get, and ice-cream, eat lots and lots of ice-cream. Milk this for everything it's worth- ha ha just kidding, maybe Razz

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The wife has had an ovarian cyst removed, being a women's ward, there is a lot of nattering between the patients and staff.
I have only been in for day surgery.
Television for each bed is by a prepaid card. Hospital radio you can listen too and there could be a telephone for each bed using the same prepaid card.
You might get a menu card, where you choose your meals for the day, or a booklet showing meals for the week.
Your stay will be made as nice as possible.

The Patient Advice Liaison Services or P.A.L.S can help you, find your local one via,
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1082.aspx?CategoryID=68
this one has a video of a nurse advising what to take into hospital,
http://www.nhs.uk/video/Pages/Preparingforhospital.aspx?searchtype=Video&searchterm=&offset=49&

To Add, have a friend go with you to and from the hospital.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence

Last edited by Fo'andles on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have nothing to add except that it's always a good idea to befriend as many nurses as possible. (Just be generally nice and make them feel appreciated.) In 99 out of 100 hospitals they'll be in a far better situation (and also more willing) to make you feel better than all the doctors combined - it's the doctor who signs the prescription, but normally the nurse who decides when and how much morphine and extra pillows you get. It can also be very helpful to know how they feel about a certain doctor.

Don't be afraid to ask too many questions. Doctors are those demigods in white, their time is much more valuable than yours etc. etc., but you're still a customer whose money makes up a part of their extravagant salaries and have a right to know what they know about you.

Good luck and come back soon!

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely pack a cellular device, none of the hospitals my good lady has stayed in had patient access wireless. Don't forget a charger.

Take cash if you fancy the pay-TV systems, these are not cheap but could stave off boredom. Likewise for the shop; food at ours has been somewhat lacking so it's best to have a plan B.

Hope it all goes well, keep in touch Wink

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of great advice above already. I have nothing of value to add other than Best Wishes! My thoughts will be with you.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cougar, hugs and best wishes!

No horror stories, good advice above. The one thing I remember is the difficulty truly to sleep at night-the nursing staff was actually friendly and willing to talk which made it much easier.

If you like and trust your attending, great. The next best is their resident, specialist in training-this is the person to talk to, get information from and generally find out what's what.

Great suggestions about keeping yourself from getting bored once the initial wooziness from surgery wears off. I have been in getting a knee reconstructed and almost went nuts.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Best wishes Cougar Thumbs up

Cannot give anymore advice to the top stuff already mentioned.

One thing I will add is not to expect to stay in hospital very long after the op. Nowadays the NHS are short of beds and they will send you home ASAP unlike years ago when a week or two post op was normal.

'Keep your powder dry'.

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very best wishes to you, Cougar.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Oscar. Wasn't trying to totally diss you. Sorry if my reply sounded that way. Embarassed
agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I second OPs advice to encourage visitors many years ago pre wifi I spent a few days bored as people thought I needed my own space to recover and as we had a 1 year old at the time the wife struggled to sit with me for long.

My thoughts are with you, the wife has had cysts cauterised twice and although only kept in for a few hours she needed time to recover afterwards at home.

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spent three weeks in hospital from 20 September because the peripheral neuropathy in my feet was playing up something fierce along with the agony of a compression fracture in my L4/L5 vertebrae.

Make sure the doctors have written up plenty of strong painkillers for you for after the procedure, drink plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated and have lots of easy to eat comfort food if the anaesthetic hasn't put you of your meals. If you have trouble sleeping at night you could try Valerian tablets. They can be bought at any health food store and are non addictive. Also make sure you bring with you a list of all medications you may be taking, allergies, next of kin details, your GP's name and contact details and any other personal info that you may wish to include. Comes in handy when you're trying to cope with a million things at once under trying circumstances. Don't forget your mobile phone and charging unit in case there is no phone beside your bed. Don't forget to make sure all contacts are up to date in the phones address book so you can stay in touch with family and friends. Don't forget to get out of bed and go for a walk (even if it's only around the bed several times) regularly. Helps stop blood clots and is good for the morale.

Hope all goes well for you Cougar and plenty of hugs from me too. Take it easy after the procedure and round up family and friends to help out with things like housework and cooking when you get home.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The one thing I would make sure of is sleeping pills.

Nighttime was very loud and someone was knocking, walking in or laughing like mad every ten minutes it seemed.

It made Justcold.....Justgrumpy.

Best wishes Cougar.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I forgot about the sleeping part. Melatonin (5 mg tablets, over the counter and quite safe) worked for me.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
CryHavoc
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

GhanaIvory CoastUnited KingdomUnited StatesBeninBelizeChinaCambodia FlagMaltaKenyaNigeriaNew ZealandVenezuelaSwedenTogoKorean FlagSouth AfricaCanadaMalaysiaBelgiumUnited NationsTurkeyFranceIraq FlagTurkeyUnited Arab Emirates
Safari Rushforth the lame (with Dharma, Dr Mike and TheDane) "I am a stranger in this land and you know what animals are doing to humans in that zone"
Safari London - Berwick
"You are mentally ill, You would need some physician." Dr Bar. Destiny Moon Principal Partner. (Esq.) Moon Chambers & Assoc.
"God be with you for playing around my brain" Tina Jasmine
"God purnish u ad ur juju man una go die 4 motor accident" Mr Well Paulson
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really depends on your hospital - I had my gall bladder removed, and being on the surgical ward was great. Being in the general ward was not so great - food was worse, staff lost my notes, left me with no morphine... If you can take in a laptop or a tablet to keep yourself entertained, do it - and don't forget your headphones and chargers! Get someone to bring you food, if you can. And drinks - I was also left with no water for 12 hours, despite asking for it - had to drink the joke Lucozade a friend had brought for me. Good luck!

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic