SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Who is still using Carbon Paper

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How to give youself writers cramp, having to do copies for reports.

UKs last factory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22525310

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is one task I do in my day job that still requires carbon paper, a very specific report that must be done this way for god knows what reason.

Possibly the reason is that there is a big shelf full of carbon paper and the reporting format cannot be changed until it is gone.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still have some around, never know, power cuts, important letter to write, need to have a copy.

Call it forward planning if you like, but I'm ready.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still use it daily because some postal forms that I fill out in my work must be handwritten with a carbon duplicate. It seems odd, given that I print the mailing label, postage included, on the computer. That keeps a detailed digital log of everything, and the bar codes on the label itself contain a ton of hidden digital information. But -- for anything sent via Registered Mail it is still obligatory to fill out the old log book by hand, just as I did in the 1970s. And a hard copy of that form must be filed away by the post office for permanent archiving.

I suspect that most young people today don't even know what carbon paper is. And yet the old acronym "CC" has carried forward to email.

Raise your hand: how many members who routinely use the CC or BCC functions in their emails knew what the letters stood for? Very Happy

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

::raising hand:: Those were the days when the copy was on 'onion skin' paper, typed with an IBM Selectric. I'd hammer my way through a 14-page contract and inevitably my boss at the time would make changes on, say, page 6. His changes added stuff so I couldn't just retype page 6, but had to retype what was now pages 6 to 15. Mad

We eventually got our first computer, a Tandy with 10" floppy disks. I thought I'd landed in heaven. Razz

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I’m old enough to Sad. But the number of people who should know and say I sent you an email and you never replied to which I say no you cc’d me still amazes me.

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We still have carbon paper at work for the controlled drug order books, some people dont quite get it though and end up putting the carbon sheet in upside down....

"GO DRINK POISEN AND SLEEP THEN DIE FUCK WITH YOUR MONEY"

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<also raising hand>

Some folks think it stands for "courtesy copy." Rolling Eyes

As a former civil servant I went through countless manifold carbon sets -- those bound sets of 3-8 copies of the same form with single use carbon sheets between them.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic