SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Just Wrasslin n Stuff. I Remember When.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mimicat
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With our very own Undefeated Professional Wrassler Oscar Piles/AKA The Masked Assassin in the house I thought it would be most apropos to have a Discussion/Bullshitin thread about Pro Wrasslin.

Iv'e been a Wrasslin fan for almost 60 years. I remember watching Lou Thesz, Buddy Rogers, Edwardo Edouard Carpentier, Nick Bockwinkel, Dick the Bruiser, Gorgeous George and Classy (You pencil neck geek) Freddie Blassie and many others. The one I probably seen the most on TV and live at the Boston Garden was. Image

Killer Kowalski with his dreaded stomach claw that finished off most of his opponents except for Pepper Gomez the wrestler with the cast Iron stomach. Who by the way used to let Wrasslers jump off the top rope right onto his stomach.
I could go on and on but I'll wrap this post up.

As Big Mama used to say whilst sitting two feet away from the black and white tV, chewing and spitting her snuff in a can and pounding on the arm of the chair.......KILL THAT NO GOOD DIRTY ROTTEN SUMBITCH. kILL HIM.
Yup, She was a fan and you better not get in her way when Wrasslin was on the TV. Laughing

Last edited by mimicat on Sat May 04, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my baiting characters is named Fritz Von Erich.

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mimicat wrote:
Dick the Bruiser

Now that strikes a cord. He used to connect with us kids when he wrestled the Midwest circuit out of Chicago. My favorite Dick the Bruiser quotes:

"I don't want you kids smoking or drinking until you are out of grade school."

[During an interview while smoking a huge cigar]: "You kids shouldn't smoke cigars until you are at least seventeen, or maybe a little younger."

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grandma used to yell at the bullfighting. I was young and couldn't tell who she was yelling for, the bull or the guy with the sticks or the guys on horses. It was a old black and white TV and I was convinced there were people and horses in it. Wink

As for wrassling, she'd always holler about Haystack Calhoun.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mimicat wrote:
Gorgeous George

"l'm like cheap toilet paper baby, I don't take s**t off anybody"

Also, Bobby Heenan

"A friend in need is a pest."

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to slap those 2 brain cells about to recall where that obsession began for me. My little brother and me chanced upon the Georgia Championship Wrestling with Gordon Solie and I think Cowboy Bill Watts announcing one Saturday while waiting for the swimming pool to open. I recall the Masked Assassins very well from that one.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gene Okerlund, I'll never forget the voice.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh, Gorgeous George! He made the feathered boas popular before Rick Flair. I always loved Dusty Rhodes, George "the Animal" Steele and, of course, Andre the Giant.

One of the sports channels here shows the older wrestling matches late at night. A little popcorn to throw at the screen, and I'm set. Smile

Honey I believe you and I trust you sorry if you think am doubting you I never did that bank manager is only just a pissing of crash - Bryan
bcos you for ever in my heart cherished and adored as a priceless pearl among the rear germs - General William Miller
I can't tell of how mush i miss you,this feeling is all over me,i just want you to know that i miss you so mush. - Brian
but my heart is biting so fast for you and i cant hid it - Howard
i pray that God will put smell on ur face someday - Matt Ryan

Click here to support 419Eater.com
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I grew up watching Governor Ventura, and Ric Flair (Woooooooooo!!!!!).

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We never watched much television growing up other than Hockey Night in Canada so Wrestling was sort of a hit and miss affair. My parents wouldn't buy a Tower Antenna or a Colour TV like the rich folks so we had to take what we got.

My Father grew up with the live shows at Maple Leaf Gardens. One of his friends was a 'Jobber' who got him in for free. He loved to laugh at the stuff so if it was on he let us watch it.

As a wee one I thought it was 100% serious. My earliest memory of an 'Evil' Wrester was Baron von Raschke. He looked (and acted to some degree) like my Grandfather. I love his most famous quote:

Quote:
"Dat is all da people need to know!"

I could go on about some of the shows I went to over the years but I'll refrain for now. The link below shows you what happened to poor Verne when he was getting desperate to keep up with the times. Warning!!!! This cannot be unseen!!!! .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnB7OLHNwM

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oscarpiles wrote:
Baron von Raschke

The claw! Laughing

Edit: Just look at that cauliflower ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25CbPL3r_Ec

Another great video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wC8gXRby4Dk#t=247s

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We used to go down to Boston Gardens whenever we had a chance or the money to watch the Wrasslers and a lot of times we would go downstairs to the bar (which I cannot remember the name)where they used to hang out after the event and talk to some of them over drinks. I still remember some of the stories I heard but I'll save that for another time.

I also remember Saturday morning watching Wrasslin and after that if-n we turned the antenna on the roof of our 3 story tenement just right we could get Roller Derby then one more time back to the roof and turn it again for some Chop, Chop Shaw movies. Life was grand. Very Happy

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@PF: You're right. "Mean" Gene Okerlund had a great voice.

I began watching the WWF back in the mid-80s. Back when it was Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Andre the Giant, Mr. Wonderful (Paul Orndorff), Brutus the Beefcake (later Brutus the Barbar), etc.

I went to a few wresting events here in Syracuse (they came here a few times a year and taped for TV). We always had pretty close to front row seats. Was there when Hulk Hogan took on Andre the Giant in a steel cage match, watched the Undertaker beat the crap out of somebody, Macho Man beat Ricky Steamboat (the Dragon).

One year we actually had 2nd row seats and six friends and myself went. We were totally drunk. We started yelling shit at "Mr. Perfect" and his manager (the Colonel of the South). A buddy of mine was the most vocal and was really yelling insulting stuff and calling him a homo and stuff.

Anyway--Mr. Perfect got out of the ring, came right up to our row, pointed at me and told me to "SHUT THE F**K UP!" He was extremely pissed off and I was easily within arms reach. I pointed at my buddy who had been yelling all that crap and told Mr. Perfect it was that guy and not me. So he looked at him, then me, then all of us, and told us if he heard another peep out of us, he would be back. Needless to say, we shut the hell up!

About a year later, we went to another show and found out that the wrasslers would be going to a local steak house for dinner and drinks after the show. So we went there as well. We hung out with the Bushwackers, The Ultimate Warrior, and Brutus Beefcake. Had drinks and stuff, and bullshitted with them for a few hours. Had a really great time, and the guys were great.

I haven’t watched it in years. When Ric Flair went to the WWF (now called the WWE), I lost interest. I never liked Ric Flair or the wrestling organization he was in. I was back into it when “The Rock” was champion, and when Triple H was wooing McMahon’s daughter and all that soap opera stuff. And when McMahon had his wife "committed" or something like that.

I remember when Shawn Michaels made the news here in Syracuse. Back in ’95 one of the British Bulldogs, the 1-2-3 Kid, and Michaels were attacked outside a night club. And Michaels got his ass royally kicked. He was never the same after that, and a few nights had to forfeit his title because he couldn’t compete.

http://www.syracusenostalgia.com/october211995.gif

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
mimicat
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ For every bad beating there is a good one.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ex-longhorn-football-player-hit-girl-in-tmz-video-28799

oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember rainy days at the cottage where we were allowed to watch TV. There was (and is to this day) only one station but they showed they AWA in the morning. Da Crusher, Jesse, Superstar Billy Graham, Adrian Adonis were alien to me as we didn't get those shows at home.

Roller Derby was a riot as well but I don't even remember when it was on. The one name that sticks in my mind is Skinny Mini Miller. One time my Brother and I got to go see it at the local Memorial Center. It was a heated contest but in the end the Canadians beat those evil Americans. Speaking of Canada I found some amusing Bobby Heenan quotes:

Quote:
Vince: "There are three Canadians left in the battle Royale, with the Quebecers and Rick Martel."
Heenan: "And Adam Bomb's from Three-Mile Island. That's like Canada."

Quote:
Heenan: "What's the first letter in the word 'and?'"
Tony:"A"
Heenan: "No, you didn't hear me. What's the first letter in the word 'and?'"
Tony: "'A!'"
Heenan: "Forget it. You must be Canadian."

Seeing dwatina's post reminds me of a time not so long ago (okay two years max) where a pair of us went to see the 'Road to Raw' tour. The card had its moments I suppose but we were ejected before the Main Event. If the staff hadn't tossed us to the curb I'm pretty sure we would have had our asses kicked by some irate fans. Some people! Yeah we were drunker than we should have been but that Referee was very slow plus all the 'Good Guys' were Bums and well it all goes kinda fuzzy after that....

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dwatina wrote:
@PF: You're right. "Mean" Gene Okerlund had a great voice.

I began watching the WWF back in the mid-80s. Back when it was Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Andre the Giant, Mr. Wonderful (Paul Orndorff), Brutus the Beefcake (later Brutus the Barbar), etc.
I still have the old collector cards with these guys that were being handed out at the 7-11 every time you bought a Big Gulp.

@PF Mean Gene is one of many memorable commentators from the past. If I remember right he was a wrestler at some point wasn't he? He and Gorilla Monsoon.

Cellphone - web store
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@NV - Many of the Managers/Commentators/Valets etc. did Wrestle at some point but I never remember Mean Gene doing so.

Quote:
In 1984, Okerlund and Hulk Hogan faced Mr. Fuji and George Steele in Minneapolis. He was supposed to stay on the apron and let Hogan fight, but when Hogan gave him a high-5, the referee mistook it for a tag. Okerlund had to go in, but before his opponent touched him, he quickly got out of the way and tagged Hogan back in. The result: Okerlund pinned Mr. Fuji for the victory.

Bobby Heenan was a wrestler but really excelled as a mouthpiece. Gorilla had a long Wrestling career. The two of them on mike together was priceless with Monsoon resorting to 'Will you Stop!' Although they played it up as enemies, the two were fast friends. Heenan actually cried on air when he was reporting Gorilla's death.

One more Canadian note (for this post anyways): Brett 'The Hitman' Hart was listed as number 39 in the Greatest Canadian Poll conducted a few years back. Louis Riel made 11 (not bad for someone who was executed) and the winner was Tommy Douglas who founded our Health Care System plus he seeded the acting world with a Grandson named Kiefer.

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gawd, Earliest Mems are Bobo Brazil & the Stomper. Hell if I know what group they belonged to. Used to watch on Sunday mornings after being at the bar all night.

Side story: Once I was in Pennsylvania fixing some machines for a show and was asked to stay at the company hotel suite for the night before flying back the next day. one of the Guys said he saw Ravishing Rick Rude at the airport one time. He was trying to fly home and told the Airline staff "If I don't get home tonight, my wife is gonna kill me". LOL. His Wrassling persona was that of a free and easy guy. LOL. I always thought that was a good example of duality in life.

Seen a lot of them come and go.
mimicat
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IRW. We went down to Boston Garden to see my favorite wrassler to hate Killer Kowalski. He was allways the bad guy doing dirty deeds to another hapless Wrassler. This night he was matched up against another Super villian, Ernie the Cat/the King of Wrassling Ladd. My dilemma was which one to root for and which one to boo. Well it wasn't to long into the match and KK was being cheered by the crowd for beating up on Ladd. I think it was the first time ever he was the crowd favorite. It did cost him the match in the end though cause as he turned to acknowledge the crowd cheering the stomping he was putting on Ladd, The Cat bushwhacked him and 1-2-3 it was all over. The crowd was still cheering as he left the ring. Which I think is the first and last time for him.

^^ Canadians Eh. Bobby Heenan, Oh man, He had a dry wit and it was funny as hell if you caught it. Laughing

oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking of Canadians...growing up I remember seeing this crazy Scotsman wearing a shirt that said 'I Scare Flair'. He was the Rowdy one; the man that actually made Pro Wrasslin' (or screwed it up surely?) what we see today.

Oh I did tell you he was Canadian didn't I?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qo_QrixLSSc

His final line in that video is pretty much how I Bait Lads.

He also had a bit of a film career:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TcnQxV4BE

oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Something that is on my desk at work. I've posted it around these parts before but can't remember why or when so here you go:

Sorry if its a bit big but I'll never figure put this IPad thingy..

mimicat
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Oh man, Rockin Rowdy Roddy Piper. I bet he was a blast to hang with.
Very Happy

oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My Father told me me many Funny stories of growing up during the Depression in Toronto and beyond over the years so I have many tales but this one always stuck in my mind.

Preamble:

He had a Pilot's licence long before he ever had a Driver's license so this must have happened some time after he was released from service after WWII. Since Cars weren't readily available, it could have been around 1946 or later but I don't know for sure. Either way he didn't have a Licence but owned a Car (mind you he never should have had a licence but that is a different tale).

Story:

Big Bad Jake was driving around Scarborough one day and got cut off by another Driver. After exchanging certain 'Hand Signals' with the other driver, he pulled over got his 6 foot plus frame out of his car and waited for the A-Hole to do the same. He didn't have to wait long for this Man to do the same:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipper_Billy_Watson

Dad said Sorry Sir, got back in his car and drove away!

As a special added Bonus (that I saw on the link), Watson's Finisher was called:

Quote:

Canuck Commando Unconscious

mimicat
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I seen where Bill Watson had teamed up with Bulldog Brower. Now that was some scary dude you never want to be on the other end of a bar fight with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulldog_Brower

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OT comment but back in the days a license was not a requirement for cars. My grandfather started driving at 12. The same age he started letting me drive around.

Cellphone - web store
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic