SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dog Scam????

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a new one for me.
Quote:
i'm Joy,I and my husband are on a christian missionary work to west africa and i came along with our teacup yorkshire terrier abies.after a while, i notice that the african weather is not good for the puppies.i need someone to adopt both and take care of them.they are akc registered:teacup.home raised,vacines & health guaranteed.hope to hear from you soon.regards,joy Adams

The only thing I can think of is they're going to ask for money to be wired to pay for shipping costs or something like that.....

dutchkroket
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey! I know that one. You will have to pay for the shipping cost.
Joy and her husband emailed me not so long ago on my catcher account. Unfortunately my response already bounced. But it looks like they are still in business.

I am currently baiting another "mission" who is selling puppies. My restaurant is always looking for more puppies to put onto the menu. They look good on it Twisted Evil .

i decided to check not you just to make sure you are ok - Abubakar Hamza
is only an idiot will see a life opportunity and ignore it - Florence Jackson
YOU ARE VERY LOCKY THAT YOU GET BACK TO ME IN TIME - BALA
Scammy Scameroo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That was the first lad we used for the Baiter's Cup dry run, but the email address started to bounce. Cutest dogs in the world!

I was planning to take a violent, arbitrary dislike to one of them, and adopt both dogs on the condition that it was OK to viciously murder that one. He looks shifty, I'm telling you.

"YOU ARE FUCKING DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEING." - International property tycoon

"Once again reset all your email informations in other to afford your box been stolen by the men of the underworld." - Chrissy, my phished friend
<br>
Chrissy's M7CN S3cur3 World Record is currently at: 167 + 1214 + 181 + 167 + 172 + 204 + 159 + 359 + 182 + 1 = 2806 clicks!
<br>
Mexican Flag United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x 5
dutchkroket
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammy, if you buy the dogs and send one of them to my restaurant, I will make sure that the chef makes a nice dish out of it.

Then afterwards, I am going to sue Joy for selling a diseased dog because one of my customers died after dinner.

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Puppy scams are actually pretty standard fare, and the missionary/yorkie format is the oldest one out there.

There are several possible fees:
shipping
insurance
veterinary certificates
bribes for officials...

Delay tactics for puppies can be fun--you can get into detailed health questions and ask them if they have been vaccinated against (insert imaginary disease here); demand health certificates signed by the vet or better yet health questionnaires (I believe there are some forms out there already, or you can make your own with a combination of real and bizarre questions). Maybe check to see if the dog knows the (insert strange nonsense here) command, and has he been trained for pheasant hunting yet (you get the idea)...

Then you can push them for a shipping company, and might get a fake site to kill, or if they decide to piggyback off a real one, you can accidentally pay the real company...

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of good ideas. Didn't think of em myself.
I posted up my bait with my first puppy scams in the publish your work here section. Thought the bait died, but somehow my lad is still alive and kicking. Although I think he is slowly loosing patience Twisted Evil

RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like the scam Shiver encountered in his "Wanted: Dead or Dead" bait, which has to have been my favorite straight bait.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
bigpygme
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My girlfriend just got scammed. They are GOOD at this ! They used a priest's name, made up a breeder's name, and claimed that this priest had just moved to Nigeria after living in the US. He found he couldn't keep this new puppy he'd brought with him.
The us "breeder" vouched for him. and the puppy was set to be shipped to the US.
The they said they would need $600 for "shipping insurance" that would be refunded once the puppy arrived. She sent it.

Then they said the puppy was in France, but would be quarantined 6 months unless she sent another $500. She balked at that point, smelling the scam.

They have followed up with email and even actually called her !!!

This is a very adroit scam by people who know exactly how to pull people in and work it. I only wish we had tumbled to it sooner - when it seemed too good to be true. The money for shipping insurance should have been enough, but they made a very good appearance by saying there was a US breeder involved. Very effective trick, a layered scam.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Michael
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome bigpygme to Eater.. Laughing

Sorry to read that your G/F has fallen for this, tell her not to feel so bad as a lot of people do.

Prehaps you could visit our sister site and post the emails and headers taking out personal details

www.scamwarners.com

With that info it will be easily googled and may stop someone else from losing to the scammers.

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
bigpygme
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the tip.
we'd love to keep this from happening to someone else, so i'd be happy to post there.
but i didn't think i had much in my post by way of personal details ... i'll re-read it, , or perhaps you have a suggestion ?

thanks for the welcome and suggestion.

Michael
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Your post here was fine. Vampiremerchant means that when you post the scammer's information on Scam Warners with the original emails and headers, you should redact your email address and the name on your email account, as well as any personal information like your address or phone number. We want people baiting the scammer, not sending you nonsense. Smile

Feel free to PM me if you need information on how to find and post email headers.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being extremely fond of dogs (even hairy chihuahua's for some reason), I'd be more than happy to stomp all over these scum for you.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic