SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Woman Duped by Lad on Dr. Phil Show

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On yesterday's Dr. Phil Show (US talk show) a woman who had been conned out of over $175,000 USD was on. (seemed to be a combination of a love and lotto lad)

I watched most of this show and the amazing thing to me was how this woman (who seemed intelligent, rational, etc.) continued to believe the lad's story even after the host brought out piece after piece of evidence showing he was a fraud (the show proved he was really in Nigeria not where he claimed, that his IDs were fake, that the construction site picutes he sent did not fit the story he told, and on and on). The lad even asked her who she was when she called him on camera (wouldn't you recognize the voice of the woman you loved who had given you that much money?)

The woman had sent the lad money to fly and be on the show with her to prove her friends and relatives he was who he said he was. Of course, he had an excuse for not showing (and double of course, he kept the money).

At the end it did not appear she was convinced she was the victim of fraud (she said she would not send him any more money because she had no more).

Although I have seen similar stories, it always strikes me how convinced some people get of these lad's stories (while we laugh at their efforts).

Too bad we don't have this lad's details to bait.

Here is a link to more information and clips if you are interested.

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1984

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IM_Dumm wrote:
Too bad we don't have this lad's details to bait.

Would it be OK for a mod or admin to approach the show to try and obtain the lads details?

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
Pinkynthebrain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, newbie here. I saw the show too. I had already been crushing the forum with my husband for laughs. ( I found this forum after I received a letter from the Nigerian government saying I'm due millions in scam reparations, all I needed to do was pay a few hundred dollars for the ATM/debit card in order to access my new wealth). That show was one of the reasons I decided to make an account and troll the "Nigerian government".

She met him on match.com. I'm sure he wouldn't be too hard to find on there.
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This lad has been, or could been baited by some one here already. There are plenty of romance lads, every lad you can bait is helping our couse. Lotto lads and the standard AFF lads are just as bad and can ruin people's lives too. On Scamwarners we have the occasional victim who just can't be convinced that they are scammed, despite the fact they posted their story on the forums. Just like this lady, who went to this show to tell her story but couldn't be convinced. Lads know how to "brainwash" a victim in believing everything the lad says is true, and in case family or friends get involved to warn the victim of the scam, the lad just simply tells the victim to break with family and friends. Especially romance scam victims can be very hard to convince they are scammed.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Pinkynthebrain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh she knew. You could see it in her face. She just didn't want to believe it. You could tell how lonely she was. All she wanted was a man to write her a poem. I would feel more sorry for her if she didn't steal from her son and family to give this lad money. It's a character flaw on her part as much as the lads. Its kind of hard to feel empathy for somebody who stole from their own kid.
IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I didn't see the whole show and missed the part about her stealing money from family to give to the lad. I did hear her talk about him trying to get several million dollars.

^^ Not sure I agree that she was convinced in the end. I think the logical part of her brain knew it was a scam, but another part of her had invested too much to give up on the dream.

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pinkynthebrain wrote:
It's a character flaw on her part as much as the lads. Its kind of hard to feel empathy for somebody who stole from their own kid.

Desperate people do desperate things.... It's not a character flaw if one is desperate. When you are homeless and you have nothing to eat, you might shoplift, feel bad about yourself - but you were desperate enough.

It's all about how you feel afterwards - it's character flaw when you feel good after doing bad things.

And after you had already invested money, time & energy in a lad, and you still believe it will all be returned, that the lad will pay you after all then you might consider it. "I'll take couple grand from my son and then I'll give him three times as more"

And later on, when you are in debts etc. you still persuade the idea that the lad is going to pay you at the end of it because you HOPE it's like that. It's your only hope to pay all those people back, get all the money back and make everything right.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ That's why lads are disgusting. They don't just steal a person's money. They ruin relationships, break up families, and crush hopes amd dreams with nary a second thought for the damage they're causing. They see a victim's money as their money, just unfortunately in someone else's pocket at the moment. They are sociopaths.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Crocomire
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The hard part for me is seeing the denial. They can't admit even to themselves that they're being scammed, because they've invested so much and they have to believe that it hasn't all gone to waste. It can't be real without being devastating, so their mind makes it impossible to be real. In my profession I see these same kinds of reality-warping defenses all the time. Sad
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sad indeed, can only hope the below is true:

'Recent Dr. Phil guest Dawn, who admits she had given her online boyfriend, David, $30,000, says that since appearing on the show, she has spoken to David once, telling him that she knows he's a scam artist. “He denied it, told me never to call him again,” she says. “Since then, I haven’t called him, and I haven’t sent him any more money.” She says she was sad when she found out that David wasn’t real. “But now that I know the truth, I’m just getting on with my life.”'

However, not sure how 'expert' the ex-military investigator the show hired is - in the UK, the 'DMV' do not take their own pictures, nor do the passport people. You pay £5 to sit in a booth, get the correctly sized pictures and send them off to these agencies on your own.

(Yes, I understand they might have lied to her to get her to understand it was all a scam, but still - not technically accurate).

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm reluctant to believe that 419eater peeps do not know that these shows are scripted.

Dr. Phill, Dr. Oz, and the a$$hole of all shows, (deleted)

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-secrets-making-reality-tv-they-dont-want-you-to-know/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic