SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Facebook Blackmail scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ZedWings
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I picked one of my tagged scammers to contact tonight. A lad who purported to be a very attractive young Australian girl. He requested I contact him on Skype, so I did just that.

I found it strange that he insisted on my adding him on facebook before he would cam. I was intrigued at this point, since he was most likely a black male, as to how he would handle a Skype call. I added him on a fake facebook profile I happened to have - well, it was a novelty, funny profile I hadn't used in a while.

Once he had my facebook, he suggested we cam, but first I should get naked. He informed me that 'she' was also naked, and very hot. I lied and told him I was now naked. The call came...

It was a terrible screen cap of a young, busty white girl. Perhaps he had his camera pointed at this screen? Naturally, since a video is incapable of interaction, he cut it short after only a few seconds and expressed some displeasure that I was not displayed on camera.

So, is this some kind of Facebook blackmail scam? If so, I find that particularly sinsiter, even for these immoral Nigerian low-lives. The fact that he insists on Facebook (access to family and friends) and then requests that you are naked suggest to me that it is a very malicious attempt to initiate a blackmail scenario.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are right, this is a very sinister scam. I and others deal with this on a daily basis on another anti-scam website. Most come from Morocco and The Philippines. They mostly use webcamming chatsites, but some do use social sites as well. There are not many Nigerians involved in this, yet.
Most Africans that we have seen come from Cote D'Ivoire or Ghana.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's why I have several fakebook accounts with no family involved. And of course no webcam at all Wink
You can blow him of fakebook (for ten minutes) after copying his friends for further research by filing a complaint about the content of his webcam, he'll have to contact victims again and most of the time they don't keep info on not yet paying "customers" as they have too many Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

biil2,

That is the worst advice I have ever heard yet about dealing with any type of scammer. Closing scammer free profiles, emails, etc. helps the scammer, not the victims. Scammer details should be posted to an anti-scam website, and their accounts left alone.
Check the FAQ here and at SW, if you are confused about this point.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Safari Issac to Chad
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You can blow him of fakebook (for ten minutes)

Where does it say that Slaaphappy? I didn't write "should" and show him that it is useless, for the rest I have to assume that he/she can make up his/her own mind.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Victims playing with their BM scammer's FB accounts endangers not only them, but the other many victims. Only bad things come from victims doing this. Copying the scammer's friends list for further research only invites trouble for the victim and the unknown other victims of the scammer.

Almost all BM victims believe that they are the only target of their scammer at the moment, and even if they do know there are others they think of themselves first and often only themselves. Many report FB accounts to be closed, and the way you wrote your comment could have been interpreted that way. Other victims need the scammer details, so every effort should be made to leave the scammer's profile alone and do not suggest that victims poke around in it.

Victims do not fully understand the way scammers operate, what scammers can and cannot do, what is a lie, and what is the truth. They do not know who else is a victim and who is a made-up "friend" of the scammer's on a scammer's account. They are usually tired and hungry from hours or days of worry before they seek help and not thinking straight. If not given clear direction on the actions needed to not only protect themselves, but try to protect all the others, they will usually make the wrong choices. This is what actually happens in the real world of victim support with blackmailed victims. I just wanted this topic to have clear advice, that's all. Assuming that BM victims can make up their own mind about what to do and end up doing doing the right things for themselves and for other victims is a huge assumption. Experience with and feedback from real victims one on one shows that a large percentage do not do the right things until talking to or reading about the correct action to take.

This is all I'll say on this topic. If you want more clarity in my thinking here, just seek it out posted elsewhere.

Safari Issac to Chad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic