SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
songbird
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all. I haven't posted on here before, but am so flipping outraged by some numpty who tried to scam me that I felt it was my duty to report in to you guys, and see if you could do anything about it.

In a nutshell I tried to buy a fridge freezer off of gum tree and the seller was unavailable by phone, only email, but offered to drop the fridge freezer over to us. However, she got called
into work so was unable to bring the fridge round, and unfortunately wouldn't be available for us to collect the fridge so offered, very kindly, to parcelforce the fridge out to us free of charge. I then get an email from 'parcelforce' requesting a UKASH voucher for £40 before they release the fridge.

A quick Google on the fake parcelforce email address showed me that this nobhead had been very busy: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/07973425052/10

I would LOVE it if one of you clever people could make their Christmas really, really shitty. Laughing
JacobDaniel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So the scam is that she's double-charging you? Once for the item in question outright, and then trying to get another 40 pounds through a fake delivery company?

songbird
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply.

The scam is is that you pay for a fridge freezer that doesn't actually exist. She arranges for the item to be delivered by parcel force, you get a fake email from parcel force requesting money, you pay said money by buying a UKASH voucher which you scan back to her, she cashes the voucher and gallops off into the sunset, and you are out of pocket and fridge less.

From speaking to my friend it seems that this same scammer scammed her two weeks ago with some baby equipment. Unfortunately my friend fell for it and lost £110 Evil or Very Mad
JacobDaniel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah ha. Sorry, I'm in the U.S., and I wasn't aware of the existence of Parcelforce or UKASH. So you pay her, she says it's coming by PF; then you get the voucher, and pay that to have the item delivered, and still never get said item. Correct?

JacobDaniel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like it might be time to premiere my latest character Fanny Adams...or do you think that would be too obvious for a UK citizen?

And please...call me Jack.

4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

UKASH vouchers seem to be coming an increasingly popular form of payment for con artists. I am guessing they can be cashed without ID like a Western Union payment but are not as notoriously connected with scams, yet.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic