SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

eBay scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BMW323is
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An iPhone I was selling on eBay was bought by a scammer. I talked to the scammer for little while before I knew it scam. The sec. I figured it out I started trolling the scammer hard and posting everything in the off-topic of bimmmerfest. So here are the links to the post, enjoy:).

So I bought an iPhone 4s with a cracked screen for $210 and a replace screen for $30 on eBay. After the iPhone and screen came I easily fixed the iPhone and relisted on eBay with a $250 starting bid and $450 Buy it Now. Then Saturday “Nilmer Larry from England” bought it for $450. Then he use eBay to request an invoice and in the notes he wrote

”Hello Seller I am buying your item as gift for my daughter birthday gift.Get back to me with your paypal email address [email protected] and the photo of the item too will like you to send me your paypal email address when sending your invoice.also forward the picture of the item to me so that i can send it to my daughter to see what she we be getting ASAP item also if you have other item you put for sales please kindly let me know.Best Regard. [email protected]

Blinded by just making an easy $200 on my first iPhone fix I sent him my email like he asked. In hidden sight this was cleanly fake but not use crying over spilled milk, right.

He email me back

“Thanks for your Respond.I have proceed with the payment.........i have submitted my Daughter school address as the shipping address,the HOD will sign and receive it on her behalf to present it to her at Class.I am waiting for paypal and ebay to verify and confirm the address before i make payment for the item.I will be making payment on Sunday night if i can hear from you ASAP.but i need to hear from you can you ship it to her on Monday morning?
I will include the shipping cost in the payment. can you get it ship to her school on Monday morning using parcel force(Fedex) or Royalmail or Parcelforce Global express,I have already ask the shipping cost at the nearest post office here and i will include it in the payment.get back to me asap let me know if you have any other items for sale's
Best Reg
Nilmer”

I was a little confused about his shipping plan but I had not figured it out yet so I emailed back

“If you pay me Sunday I can ship the package out Monday. FedEx Wensday delivery will be $92. USPS 1-3 will be $80 and 3-5 is $40. Just tell me which one you want and where to ship it and I will ship as soon as possible after payment.”

He emailed back

“I am sorry for the delay.I have make payment of $550.00.I added extra payment for the shipping cost as i have promised, I have give Paypal and Ebay my daughter school address her school HOD will sign for it.....Send it by (FEDEX) OR USPS INTERNATIONAL SIGNED-FOR . And reply back with the shipping tracking number ASAP....
Best Reg
Nilmer

This is my daughter school address:
Tope Ayaya
72 Akweiman,
Dansoman,
Accra
Ghana
Tele 0265868911”

So I check my PayPal and find no trace of his payment. Then I notice two emails form PayPal in my inbox. So I open them and find two fake payment sent emails and a story about why I can see them in my account. If you click on the PayPal name the real email show up and it is known for fake PayPal scams ([email protected]).
Now that I know what is going now I think I am going to have some fun with this asshole. I have sent an email saying that I have received payment and that I will ship the iPhone tomorrow. Tomorrow I will make up a story about why I could not ship the item to him directly and tell him that he needs to pick it up at the post office. Then I am going to see how long I can fcuk with him before he fingers it out and stops my fun.
Any idea/suggestions on how to mess with him are welcome and be creative.
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350885&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1353910527[/img]
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350886&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1353910527[/img]
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350887&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1353910527[/img]
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350891&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1353911828[/img]
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350892&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1353911828[/img]

I just emailed the scamer back. lets see if he takes the bait.
Here is the email
"Today I went to the usps office to mail your iPhone. At the post office the lady behind the desk told me that the computers were down and that she would have to do everything by hand. So I gave her the package and told her that I would like to mail it to Ghana. She said ok but she cannot give me a tracking number and that whoever receives the package will have to pick it up at the local post office to clear customs. I said ok and she shipped out the package then she wrote down some instructions on how to pick up the package. Here they are:
On Wednesday after 1PM go to the post office at Dansoman Post Office, 2nd Street, Accra, Ghana
Then go to the counter and to pick up a package then show or tell them this code “257hwcGHA”
Then sign for the package and it should be all yours.
Also if by Friday at 5pm the package is not claimed it will be sent back to the US."

I think I got a bite.
The scammer emailed me this "What is the tracking details?and which courier services?"
Then 4 min later "Scan the post office receipt and send it to me...."

So I emailed him back "I am sorry there is no receipt because as I said before the computer was down at the post office. Your daughter will have to go to the post office and show the code to confirm that the package is hers. Then she needs to sign some forms to get it passed customs."

This is so fun I think I should get targeted by scammers more often.

He actually when to the post office.
Here is the scammer’s email
“My daughter went there and the code is not valid please go back there and collect receipt and tracking details. they said without the two nothing can be done.”

This is just too good. Now I just have figure out what to do next. I thinking about maybe mailing him a letter with a picture of an iPhone that he has to pick up at the post office. On the back of the picture I would wright something like “It is about as real as the money you sent me. Maw ha ha!!!” or “hope you enjoy you one of a kind picture of an iPhone. You did not think you were bidding on a real iPhone did you? Maw ha ha”. But that will end the fun. Does anyone else have a better idea?

Also here is an update on the scammer.

The scammer emailed me
“Hello what is going on here? you stole my money and never send the item to my daughter. i have your address and all contact i am going to contact the nearest police for you”

When I read this I laughed so hard people stared staring.
So I emailed back
“**** (sh!t) hold on to your panties, I did not get time to go to the post office yesterday. Anyway today I when to the post office to get your tracking number. The woman working at the post office looked up the package and apparently it did not make it pass customs. In the customs rejection note it said that the package tested positive for cocaine, ecstasy, semen, and lube. Then the woman told me that the package has been returned to sender and that I will not be getting a refund for the postage. So I go home and siting in my mail box is the iPhone. Tomorrow I will go to a new post office and mail it again. I will use first class mail so it might take I little while to get to your daughter. Sorry for the delay.”

So I reposted my iPhone 4s on eBay last night and this morning I got this.
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351395&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1354226862[/img]
I am 90% sure that it is a scam. I do not know if I am just unlucky or what but this is the second time a scammer bought the iPhone. If this keeps happening I do not know how I am going to sell it (anyone what to buy an iPhone).

petriej: "So no more emails from the guy in Ghana?"

Not since I told him that his iPhone had cocaine, ecstasy, semen, and lube on it.

Actually I think this might be the Ghana guy getting revenge on me. The email is similar to Ghana guy and the iPhone was bought only 7 hours after I listed it.

dc_wright: "Southpark, Now he's just going to d1ck with you and every time you post it he's going to buy it."

If this guy wants to play dirty I will play dirty. I am currently setting up my own mail sever so I can email bomb him back to the Stone Age. Let’s see how he likes having every email account he used with me being rendered useless by a flood of emails saying "FCUK YOU".

So here is another update on are not so friendly neighborhood scammer.

Scammer emailed me.
“have you done it what is the shipping details?”

I emailed back.
“I sent it. Here is proof.”
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351673&stc=1&d=1354415351[/img]
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351675&stc=1&d=1354415351[/img]
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351674&stc=1&d=1354415351[/img]

I actually sent him a yellow envelope that looks like it has an iPhone in it. In the envelope there is a page with six black and white pictures of an iPhone printed on it and on the other side it reads “Congratulations on your purchase of six black and white pictures of an iPhone for $450 plus $100 shipping.”

Scammer emailed me.
“what is the tracking number?”

I emailed back.
“A tracking nuber would have cost me $11 more so I did not get one.”

Scammer emailed me.
“that is ****(sh!t)...how would you say that you send item without tracking number and no receipt..scan the receipt and show me this oen you sent is not receipt”
Then
“there is no shipment without tracking i live in UK and my daughter studies in Ghana and i have always buy item for her from ebay in UK and there are always tracking details.scan the shipment receipt and send it to me if not i don't buy what u said about $11...that is all ****(sh!t) mate”

I emailed back.
http://ircalc.usps.com/ExtraServices...&o=1&mt=4&c=2I mailed it frist class letter so no tracking. Check the link if you do not believe me.

Scammer emailed me this and a fake PayPal email.
“please my daughter has just notify me that custom charges need to be paid for this item in ghana so i have added a sum of $110.00 to the previous payment £$550.00 so i will like you to send the$100.00 and use the $10.00 as the western union fee so that paypal can credit you with your a full payment which will be $660.00 also if you spend any additional charge paypal will cover that all you need his to send the money via western union money transfer to the information below that his the custom officer
Name-Tope Ayaya,
Address-72 Akweiman Rd,
City-Dansoman,
State-Accra,
Country-Ghana,
Zip code-23321,
Test Question-Paid,
Test Answer-Yes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also here is the information i will be needing from you
Sender's Name And Address
Total Amount sent after charges
mtcn (Western Union Money Transfer)
Text Question And Answer
please i am very sorry for the mix up okay so you can get your money please i will be waiting for the information
Thanks”
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351677&stc=1&d=1354415764[/img]

That is just flat out douchey. I mean it is one thing to scam someone out of an iPhone but then the sec. you think it is in the mail to ask for $100 more. The world would be a much better place if this guy laid down on some train tracks.

I emailed back.
“I do not use Western Union. So I sent your money moneygram instead and attached the receipt.
Here is the info you will need
Alex
3171 Church Street
Saugerties, NY 12477
Total $100 + $8.75
Reference number 28915770
Question “hail to the”
Answer “king baby””
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351678&stc=1&d=1354416011[/img]

cj.surr: "Lol, this is toooo good.

But why did you give him your real address? (if that's it)"

All info I gave him that he did not know all ready was fake.

jonesin: "Looks like a church to me"

I did not know that. The street number I gave was the first 4 numbers I hit on the keyboard.

I did not feel like messing with the other scammer so I told her to fcuk off here are the emails.
Scammer:
“Hi,
I have paid for the item via paypal and with the shipping cost of 50 dollars via royal mail international delivery to my son. Please send the item to my son address below. This is the shipping address where the item will be send to.

Name: Ekoh Smith
Address: Blk 498, Flat 1 Abesan
Estate
City: Ipaja
State: Lagos
Zip code: 23401

I await your respond with the royal mail tracking number asap today

Thanks”

Me:
“You can send as many fake eBay and PayPal emails as you what but you ain't getting this iPhone bitch. I hope you die a slow, painful death you mother ****ing (fcuking) scammer ass hole.
Suck my balls”

Scammer:
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351680&stc=1&d=1354417834[/img]
[img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=351681&stc=1&d=1354417834[/img]

Me:
“Guess what bitch, your email is fake and my account is fine. Maw ha ha!”

This scammer appears to be a different person than the first one because she want the IPhone ship to stereotypical Nigeria but they are probably friends.

Last edited by BMW323is on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!

A couple of things--for starters, I removed your links. We are a rather suspicious group here (by necessity, given what we do) and you aren't going to find a whole lot of people willing to click on a bunch of links by someone they don't know. In addition, many of us have somewhat short attention spans, and are not going keep clicking back and forth to try to get to the next post in the series.

The easiest thing to do is to simply copy and paste the correspondence directly into one post or topic so that it can be followed easily.

The other thing that jumps out immediately is that since you had started correspondence with this scammer under a real ebay account, your information would most likely be accessible to the scammer, which means that you probably are not baiting safely. Check out the information here on how to bait safely and protect yourself.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I just copy everything off the other forum but the picture are not showing up.

Also as far as "not baiting safely" before I knew it was a scam he already got my info. So there is no fixing that but after I figured it out I only sent fake info.
olaakin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is just too many scammers on Ebay nowadays!

I have learnt it the hard and painful way. Similar to your case, I place an ad on Ebay selling my used iphone and a so-called UK buyer bought it and request me to send it to her adopted child in Nigeria.

I then received a fake paypal notification saying that payment was made and I was to send the iphone immediately. Foolishly without waiting for payment to appear on my paypal, I proceed to send the iphone and the rest is history.

Since then, for my ads on Ebay, I placed in BOLD the following, "NO SHIPPING TO AFRICA, SOUTH AMERICA, EASTERN EUROPE, RUSSIA AND VATICAN CITY! EBAY RATINGS BELOW 10, PLEASE DO NOT BID!"

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

olaakin wrote:
There is just too many scammers on Ebay nowadays!

I have learnt it the hard and painful way. Similar to your case, I place an ad on Ebay selling my used iphone and a so-called UK buyer bought it and request me to send it to her adopted child in Nigeria.

I then received a fake paypal notification saying that payment was made and I was to send the iphone immediately. Foolishly without waiting for payment to appear on my paypal, I proceed to send the iphone and the rest is history.

Since then, for my ads on Ebay, I placed in BOLD the following, "NO SHIPPING TO AFRICA, SOUTH AMERICA, EASTERN EUROPE, RUSSIA AND VATICAN CITY! EBAY RATINGS BELOW 10, PLEASE DO NOT BID!"

Do not too feel bad I almost did the same thing. It is easy now to say how foolish you were but when it was happening you had no reason to think that it was a scam. No reason to double check what looked like a real PayPal email. Do not blame the victim blame the scammer.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic