SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Messin' With SCAMsquatch - Captain America

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
messinwithSCAMsquatch
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was selling a Rockband setup for an Xbox for $50 and received a clear scam message so I put on my Captain America hat, learned all about Captain America (aka Steve Rogers) and had some fun right down to using The Avengers HQ official address!

Brian Smith:
STILL FOR SALE?

I responded with a “yes” and that’s where the fun began and his name changed to “Alexander Brown”
HELLO

Thanks for your fast response. I'm okay with your asking price. But my form of payment will only be by (Money order) at the moment due to my working commitment. I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment has been received by you. I don't mind adding an extra $50 so you can keep it in my favor. Please keep it in my favor. i will also like to come and see it but my schedule is very tight. Hope your item is in good condition??? Kindly get back to me with Your FULL NAME TO BE ON THE MONEY ORDER:- STREET ADDRESS:- CITY:- STATE:- POSTAL CODE:- TELEPHONE NUMBER:- LAST PRICE:- once you provide me your details. the payment will be send out to your address immediately. You can stop other offers and consider it sold for me.

i await your reply soon
Thanks

It was clear from the get go that this was a scam to me, unfortunately not so much for others so I planned to mess with him as much as he would let me and threw in obvious indicators to see how far it would go….

Alexander,

Oh fantastic, so easy, and an extra $50!? What a steal, it's almost like I'm ripping you off! But I'm not, I would never do anything like send you crap, literally actual dog crap. This is top quality stuff we're talking, and I'll make sure that my dog Max gets it extra fresh for ya!

Since your english is a little hard to understand, I just want to make sure I'm right on this....You send me the asking price plus an additional $50 via a totally legit money order that I will then cash at my bank and then I send you the Rockband. I'm positive that this will go over well, I mean it already seems so completely easy, its almost too good to be true!

It might cost a lot to ship it since Rockband is an electronic drum set, a guitar, etc. so it's pretty big and bulky....I'm sure it will be okay if I change that extra $50 to $100, yeah? I'll even send you back any difference from the extra and shipping! I can't imagine it'll be too expensive, I mean it's not like I'm sending this overseas or anything, but if I am, well that's just fine as well, no problem!

Anyways, here's the information you requested:

Steve Rogers
890 5th Avenue
Manhattan New York, NY 10065
212-867-5309
$150.00

Thanks so much, I have already pulled the ad and can't wait to get the money order! I'll send out the entire set out the day I get the MO!!

Thanks,
Steve Rogers
America's Captain

It took only an hour for his response:

HELLO

your payment has been sent out to your address but there is a mix-up in the payment my assistant sent to you, after reconciling my account, I discovered that She sent an over payment to you. The payment meant for another item which was sent to you in error. I have been trying to retrieve it but nothing possible. I am very worried. Please as soon as you receive the payment, get it cashed at your bank, and deduct your own money(ASKING PRICE) plus extra $50 and send the rest balance via western union to the details i will provide you with. Please let me know if i can count on you to do this for me. if yes then get back to me with a go ahead.

Thanks

Well, I was just getting started:

Alexander,

Can you count on me?!? Let me tell you a story about just how much you can count on the one and only Steve Rogers. When I attempted to enlist in the Army I was denied due to my scrawny physique and frail body. However, I had the heart of a million Rudys and because of that I was allowed to enter into a Super Soldier program. Through Vita-Rays I was transformed to a great, powerful man and went to battle against the Germans after first making myself a patriotic suit and and a star emblazoned shield. I saved the lives of many, many people those fateful years.

Later I met great friends in New York named Bruce Banner who is incredible, Tony Stark an extravagant yet trust worthy playboy who is solid as iron, our friend Nick Fury and of course I cannot forget Thor who had really long girl hair, but could lay down the hammer fist better than anyone! Together we acted as vigilantes set on doing right and thwarting crime...so can you count on me? Does a bear shit in the woods Alex?? Of course it does, they don't use toilets. Mostly because the lack of opposable thumbs and of course the fact that claws turn toilet paper into confetti...it's a huge mess really.

Ya know, craigslist told me not to use Western Union, but your name is Alexander, clearly named after one of our great Founding Fathers so obviously I can trust you so as soon as I receive the payment I will head directly to my bank, cash the money order and send you the remaining money.

Like i said, let me know where to send the Rockband and the details of the Western Union amount I need to send back, boy howdy am I excited!

I love you,
Steve Rogers
America's Captain

HELLO

Please allow me to know when you are ready to send the extra that my assistant mistakenly send you and I will give you the information for WESTERN UNION transfer. I am very much trusting you to send the mistake money.

Thanks,

Salutations Mr. Brown,

I received your payment at my headquarters and would like to know where to send the extra funds that your assistant, who should definitely be fired, mistakenly sent my way. You seem like such an honest man to trust me with something like that, most people would probably try to keep it! But not Steve Rogers, not on my watch...vigilantes don't do that.

So let me know where to send it to so you can recoup the overage. You also never told me where to send the giant box of Rockband stuff, does it rhyme with "Bigeria" Red Skull?

Anyways, I have all this cash ready to Western Union your way!
Thanks,

Steve Rogers

So what should I do next!?!? Any fun ideas? I'm not going to actually send dog poo, its tempting, but I don't even own a dog, let alone one named Max, plus, that's probably illegal.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell him you got the overpayment and cashed the check but (dreadfully sorry about this) your baiting character has a huge problem with gambling. You thought you had it under control - - all those Gamblers Anonymous meetings were finally paying off - - but when you had all that cash in hand you just COULD NOT resist. You spent it all on lottery tickets. Beg forgiveness and promise 1/2 of any lottery winnings to the mugu!

A couple of days later: "WE WON!!" One of your lottery tickets is paying $9.7 million, and you are going to keep your promise to split it 50/50 with the mugu.

Then to add credibility, introduce new characters:

(a) Lottery Commissioner - he has forms to fill out before the mugu can collect 50% of the lottery. Also, he needs a bank account because 1/2 of $9.7 million is WAY to much to send by WU. (there are members on this board who will draft forms for you, if you cannot do an "official" form yourself).

(b) Investment Banker - he got the mugu's address from his buddy the lottery commissioner and has all sorts of ideas where to invest the mugus money.

(c) Reporter - his readers are fascinated by the story of a lottery winner splitting $9.7 million with a friend he has never met. Would the mugu mind a phone call for an interview? Would the mugu provide a photo of himself and his friends celebrating their good fortune (to illustrate the newspaper article).

Then, you lower the boom: Original character writes: The bank called. Your check is fake. They explained it is all a scam. You are getting NOTHING.

[listen closely for distant screams of anguish in Lagos]

Then reporter writes: I just heard what that greedy b---- is doing to you! It is not fair, you should get 1/2. I know a lawyer and I told him about this situation - he thinks you have a good case. Can I give your e-mail address to my lawyer?

Play from there.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The New York location actually exists (at least Google Maps autocompletes it and the zip code matches). When baiting, use only locations that don't exist or the dropbox, and don't publish the whole address, lest a lad Google it.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good points, VX!

Mugus are geographically challenged, so there is no (or very little) danger of getting "caught" if you use a totally fictitious city/state/country.

I usually bait from the bucolic town of Upper Mend@city, which is located in Dorsetshire (or Vermont, as the mood strikes me). Dorsetshire, by the way, is just west of London <g>.

Other baiters have used, for example, Mayberry NC (see the "Andy Griffith Show" for a cultural reference), South Succotash , Kentucky, someplace in West Ohio, and various uninhabited islands. If you must use a major city (such as NYC) - do they skip any street numbers? What is the highest numbered street? If the highest numbered street is 189th Street (for example), your character can live on 190th Street.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic