SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Internet Sales Scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sm0ke
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wondering if I could get some guidance. Here's the scenario - online sales forum (ebay, whatever) scammer posts with offer to sell an item worth $10,000 for $5,000. I identify the scam (poster does not actually own the item) and offer to buy it knowing full well it's a scam with the intention of extracting some info from the scammer. Scammer asks for a wire transfer and provides me with his bank wire info (account name (his "wife's") and number, ABA number) so I can send the funds and provides a cell phone number to contact him.

Apart from reporting this to the police (which will likely go nowhere) is there something more I might consider doing?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

consider reporting the account to alan, and claim a piggy.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780

even if the police is not able to do something (international borders, restrictions...), alan has connections to close down bank accounts.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup, If you were supposed to send them money chances are the info is real.

Congrats on a Piggy if it goes through.

(Talk about falling into a shit house and coming out smelling like a rose? LOL) (Well, it is valentines)
deadk1ng
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you must make sure that it IS a scammer...it's not cool getting an innocents accounts shutdown.

sm0ke
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info. No question it's a scam - plenty of indicators and red flags, but the clincher is that when I asked for a better photo of the item the guy provided me an image he took off the internet. It's a pretty unique item and he stole the image from like the 5th website that comes up in Google. He's apparently not the brightest bulb on the tree (although he did at least rotate the image, I guess to try to throw me off the scent).
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How are you baiting safely on ebay? Don't they require a valid credit card or bank account (which presumably is your real information) to sign up?

I'd start by hitting the "report to ebay" button.

And reading the stickies at the top of the page here Cool

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point on safe baiting. The source isn't ebay, it's a much less formal marketplace type forum, but I hear you on the anonymity concern.

In any event, I have signed up for a mentor to assist moving forward with this guy, but maybe the answer is just to dump him and move on . . .
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Big Al wrote:

Congrats on a Piggy if it goes through.

no If... send it, claim it. it's that easy.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In any event, I have signed up for a mentor to assist moving forward with this guy

Well, hello there. Wink

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but maybe the answer is just to dump him and move on . . .

Sounds like a good plan and welcome here. Very Happy

Hiya, Bear. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^Wandering away from the VD thread, are we?

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Occasionally....for some reason Rover expects me to monitor other threads, too Laughing

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic