SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Paradigm Initiative

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poitivine
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something positive in Lagos.

I'm listening to BBC Radio4 this morning and they've been running a series lately called "Young and Jobless". Today's focus was on cyber crime in Lagos. A group called The Paradigm Initiative is setting up in cyber cafés trying to show lads that their IT and money making skills can be put to legal means.

Volunteers are teaching them about web design, graphic design, writing their cv's, starting a web based business and there's even a pigeon anti-cyber crime theme song.

Granted, the end result could be some even more saavy lads, but it was a nice program with a positive message stating that there is a real possibility that Lagos could someday become a techno hub as places like Bangalore are now.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the video (and it plays from overseas accounts, I'm in Australia)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16192839

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard it this morning too, and a snatch of the song "Maga no need pay". I admire the initiative and I thought what the guy they were interviewing about peer pressure being responsible for a lot of youngsters getting into scams was very telling.

However Nigeria has a huge hill to climb as it's become synonymous with fraud and corruption so...

Quote:
there is a real possibility that Lagos could someday become a techno hub as places like Bangalore are now

... if your bank told you that they were moving their IT processing and call centre to Lagos, would you still be banking with them?

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ No. Laughing

But ten years from now? It's possible that the perception of Lagos could change.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419 wrote:
It's possible that the perception of Lagos could change.

It would be nice for them if it could - an unintended consequence of the 419 industry is that Lagos must have one of the most IT savvy youth populations anywhere, in Africa at least, which must be worth something in the world of legitimate business.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

10 years is pretty optimistic considering the amount of change needed to the education system. The change to their reputation will not be an overnight event. Some will pick up ethics and try, but will be facing discrimination as the good jobs go to overseas professionals with better education and business ethics. For many years, the area will be a low skill labor pool that is paid low wages. Because of this, the ethical issues will remain for a long time. As result the reputation will also take a long time to fix.

Change will come. It will take time. Our part is to make crime not pay.

Compare an average lad photochop to some from other areas. This not a highly skilled workforce.

http://pop-art-yarn.com/whynophoto.html

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Lagos MegaCity Regeneration Project was covered in the BBC3 mini-series 'Welcome to Lagos' last year. Much is being done, and both Area and Thug Boys (gangs) have been recruited to (paid) work on 'beautification' projects, but the endemic corruption.....sadly, it is difficult to foresee an end to it.

Look at mighty India; a massive sub-continent, no longer 'third world', now 'up there' with China in its manufacturing and IT industries, with a burgeoning economy and expanding middle-class, but still riddled with corruption.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic