SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New to eater, curious if this has been tried before.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
comando123
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there guys Im new to eater, found it through a friend who mentioned the trophy room and then later found the letter archive that provided some very interesting reads.

I have always been a big fan of pranking family members and such on their computers and what not via batch files that shut down the computer. I am aware that if you wanted you could write a batch file that would delete the system32 folder of a computer thus causing whoever the scammer may be to reformat his computer possibly loosing valuable information that would be needed to scam others.

My question is has this been tried before? if the scammer is not very computer savy the result may be quite interesting.
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater! We don't ever send things to lads that mess with the computers they use. For one thing, sending a virus is illegal and therefore not condoned. For another, lads don't use their own computers, they use internet cafes. So what you would be doing is messing with the computer of an innocent third party.

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176248#disallow - and from that thread:
Quote:

We do not support the sending of viruses and "trojans" to the scammers, nor attempts to hack, phish or hijack their email accounts and/or computers. Viruses and "trojans" will be unknowingly spread to the computers of innocent people and we are only trying to make it difficult for the scammers. On top of that, the spreading of viruses and hacking attempts is an illegal activity in the UK, where this Board is located, as well as many other jurisdictions. Please do not start topics on such subjects. Such threads can and will be deleted on sight.

As Gimli stated, most all the lads do their scamming from internet cafes and if you did this "prank" (as you call it) it would harm an ITP (Innocent Third Party), the cafe owner and that is another reason for not doing what you are suggesting.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome comando123,

I would recommend that you read the stickies containing our basic rules, as well as the rule Morgain quoted.

We do not under any circumstances condone the sending of viruses. It is illegal and unethical, and it is not a topic we discuss here.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basic tenets:

1. No involving ITPs (Innocent third-parties)
2. Nothing illegal.

Ethics are a grey area, and it often is upon the individual baiter to decide what is and isn't ethically acceptable. My personal view is that so long as we don't break any laws, or put any innocents in the line of fire, anything and everything is fair game with the lads.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic