SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A New one...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RepentYeScammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had quite a few over the years, but I've never seen this one. Smacks of a Nigerian Scammer, but the names are hitting up anywhere I've looked thus far. Here's the emails thus far.

Quote:
My Dear,
I am more than happy for your reply to my mail. How is your day today? i hope all is well and fine with you including your health and job. My name is Miss Mercy Richard, i am 23 years, single and never been married, i am from Post Sudan, Sudan in Africa and presently residing in the missionary here in Senegal where i ran for refuge due to the political civil war in my country. I am in sufferings and pains here in this missionary and i really need help from a man who will encourage me with good advice in life and to help me to come out from this situation.

My late father Dr. Ellison Richard, who was CEO of (E T I C PLC), in Port Sudan in Sudan. During the war, the rebel loyal to one of the greedy business associate of my late father attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and father in a cold blood. It is only me that is alive now and i managed to make my way to this country Senegal by the help of UN army where i am living now in the missionary, headed by a Reverend Father, i used his office computer to send you this email and i only enter his office when he is less busy to send message to you.

I would like to know more about you, your likes dislikes and your hobbies and what you are doing presently, i like to meet understanding, loyal, sincere, truthfully, kind and friendly and more to that, a man of vision and truth. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture, i will be hoping to hear from you again.
I remain yours Faithfully,
Mercy Richard..

My response was direct and to the point --- I even point blank stated that she sounded like a Nigerian Money scammer.... here's the gist of it.

Quote:
Mercy,

I can give you encouragement, that I know about. But that encouragement comes at the cost of honesty.

You say that you have read my blog profile... then you come to me in this email saying that you are looking for a man who will... help me come out from this situation. What part of the fact that I am married (happily so) and a missionary myself (Meaning I have NO... NO... NO... money.) did you miss when you were reading my profile?

Your email smells of the Nigerian money scams that are so ubiquitous on the internet. I can tell you up front that I give no money TO NO ONE without first knowing that person directly and knowing their need.

You say you are from Sudan. You say that you are now in Senegal. You say that you are using a Reverend Missionary's computer to type this... and yet the email address is from India... care to explain that? You say that you are looking for someone... again, I ask, did you not even see the picture of me and my wife? Did you not even look? It's the first and only picture that shows up at my blog site!!!! Did it not even make you question once who she might be and why my arms are wrapped around her?

I'll continue emailing you, if you are honestly looking only for a friend... but if you are looking for money, if you are looking for a man to rescue you... your eyes are in the wrong place.

w.

The next salvo carried on with more fervor....

Quote:
My Dear,

I am very very happy to see your reply to my mail .

How are your today? How was the night, hope fine?

Mine is a little bit hot over here in Dakar Senegal. In this camp were we are not allowed to go out of the camp It's just like one staying in the prison and i hope by God's grace i will come out here soon.

I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to, all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person i have now is Reverend Justine Barry, who is the pastor of the (Christ for all Churches) here in the camp,he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather i am leaving in the women's hostel because the camp have two hostels one for men the other for women.

The Pastor's Tel number is (+221-76-521-6212) When you call tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel.
As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilledge to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the traggic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.

Listen to this i have my late father's Death certificate here with me which i will send to you later, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank in europe which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount in question is $6.5M (Six Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars).

So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my travelling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you.

I kept this secret to people in this camp here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me. because i am afraid to loose this money if they gets to know about it. So, in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.

Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposed on you.I like honest and understanding people, truthful and a man of vision,truth and hard working.

My favourite language is english.

Mean while i will like you to call me when you have chance, Because i have a lot to tell you.Have a nice day and think about me.

Awaiting to hear from you soonest

Yours forever in love
Mercy...

My reply was short and direct... basically asking point blank questions about the refugee camp she lives in and the conditions there. She ignored every question and shot back with ---

Quote:
Hello Dearest,

How are you today hope fine? I thank you once again today and i will also like to see you face to face and will use this opportunity to let you know that i have chosen you to help me out from this dungeon despite the little time we have communicated with each other, its now left for you and God who chooses you to be my deliverer from this predicament i found myself into.

My Love, I know you are the person i am going to depend and trust my life. Please i have not told anyone except you about the existence of this money and i will like you to please keep it secret to other people because since it is (MONEY) all eyes will be on it.

Remember i trust you that is why i am giving you all this informations. I have informed the bank about my plans to claim this money and the only thing they told me is to look for a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf due to my refugee status and the laws of this country.You will have 15% of the total money for helping me and the remaining money will be managed by you in any business of your choice till i come over.

In this regard i will like you to contact the bank immediately with this information,tell them that you are my foreign partner and that you want to know the possibilities of assisting me in transferring the ($6.5 Million US Dollars) deposited by my late father of which i am the next of kin to your account in your country.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc,

Email Address: [email protected]

PHONE : +447045777470
PHONE : +448715035590.
Registered in Scotland No. 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
The Name of the Transfer officer is:Sir Stephen Hester

Account Number:SCBUK745608902546/QB/91/A
Account switch code: (stevedonald)
Nationality:Sudan in Africa

Contact them with this email address now on how to transfer the $6.5million Dollars deposited by my late of which i am the next of kin.
I have mapped out 15% for your assistance and 5% for any expenses that might come up in this transfer. My dear i am glad that God has brought you to see me out from this situation and i promise to be kind and will equally need you in every area of my life plus investing this money since i am still too young to manage this amount of money.

As i told you before this camp is just like a prison and my prayers is to move out from here as soon as possible. Please make sure that you contact the bank so that after the transfer you can send some money from that money for me to prepare my traveling documents to meet with you in your country. Thank you once again for your kindness God bless you and please try and send an email to the bank today. Awaiting to hear from you soonest.

and also try and call me around 2:30 GMT.

Yours in Love

I basically responded back that she was insulting me and my wife by using the terms "Dearest" & "My Love" seeing as I've already said I'm happily married and have no intention of "rescuing" her.

Now --- all that said --- I have to admit that I've played the baiting game a few times over the years but I have never had it get to a point so quickly wherein they were tossing numbers at me in hopes of scoring big. This one is weird.

I generally do my research through snopes.com and simple google searches... but I have to admit that this time I'm turning up ZERO for any of the information presented. Not saying that I think it's real --- it's as fake as an Obama Dollar Bill --- just saying that this time... they're trying something new that I've not encountered before. The whole Sudan / Senegal schtick.

Anyone else know this one? Would love to hear your comments on it.

[/quote]
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome RepentYeScammer!

There has been a sort of tradition of Senegal refugee scammers - often they start out looking more like pen pal requests, only later turning into something like your more standard advance fee frauds once potential victims start responding.

As you've seen, your correspondent here isn't even reading your messages but just jumped right into the money thing. Think of this as somewhat like your more traditional "Nigerian fraud" where they put the big money in the first email to try and get potential victims interested.

I'm not surprised you didn't find this specific scam in your searches, as they are a bit more diverse than your now standard "dying widow", "dead bank customer" etc which have been widespread for a long time.
Here's one example of this kind of scam just posted in surplus a few moments ago: LINKY In this one there are no hints what it will turn into.

They can be baited just like any other, really. Although it's a good idea not to start out with too many hard questions about the background story, as this is essential to moving the scam ahead. A victim who is not convinced of the cover story is very difficult to get money out of.... although maybe you have some ideas to move it forward. (for me this is usually done by asking questions but then accepting the answers the scammers provide)

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome on board.

As Firehouse5 has said he's not reading your mail and Senegal love scammers are particularly notorious for this so there's little mileage at the early stages in writing anything lengthy. You'll also notice that they ask you to call "The Pastor / Reverend Father" because of course they are male and will need to get the female accomplice to call you back.

Mind you its a bit worrying to see Stephen Hester has been reduced from Chief Executive to a mere "Transfer Officer" Very Happy

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a script lad that doesn't read the replies. The are only scanned for the money in bulk due to the easy pickings off the top.

They have a stack of pre written replies. The olga banker he has you contact might read replies, but the lad might not read English at all, only send canned replies.

To bait them and stay out of the trash, send a mctn with a digit short, no sender name, poor receipt scan, etc.

They read only when they can smell the money.

Write the lad some completely unrelated poetry. The Night before Christmas may work fine.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
RepentYeScammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Agent1002 --- I love the poetry aspect, I'll have to try that. As I am indeed a real life missionary, I might try switching o'er to thee ole King James English for a might. Ne'er know how much it'll do towards messin' the wee laddies up. hee hee hee.

I've already gotten two more replies from them... been just wonderful to see how desperate she / he is to "be rescued"...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic