SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Discussion on burning lads (split from safari)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BCS8
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bobdemol "We don't burn lads and make them aware it was a bait"

If you may pardon me asking, why not? On my "freelance" baits I always have done this, just for the satisfaction of knowing they know they've been had. Is there a deeper reason I shouldn't do this?
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Because that would educate them that there actually are people that do this for sports. It would educate the lads and make it harder for us to screw with them in the future. Better to leave them ignorant and wondering what went wrong.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are many other good reasons as well.
Burning them makes them disappear off the email addy that we know, and then victims or potential victims can't find them if searching. It jeopardizes LEO investigations, makes the lads smarter and able to scam more victims.
Many other people may be wasting his time, and he may stop talking to them too. We can go on and on here. Read this thread on the basics:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147262&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
It's an excellent read, and you will understand our methods here better.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
BCS8
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sweet. Thanks a lot guys.
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@BCS8

Another reason for not burning them is that when these Lads inevitably return to the scamming game, they tend to be much more skittish if their maga displays uncertain or delaying behaviour, and so they drop people who might have become genuine victims.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
GoRideEmCowboy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@BCS8

Please resist the urge to tell the lad that you were playing with him. I think it's human nature to want to tell him that you've been messing with him just so you know that he knows that he was had. I read baits at other sites sometimes and I always get upset when I see people revealing the bait to the lad at the end.

As others have stated, we do not want to educate them. We don't want lads getting wise to our ways. For example, we ask them for pictures and make them do forms, and etc. If we tell them we were playing with them, the next time someone tries to waste their time, they will think, "This guy isn't serious," and they will drop him and move on to possibly a real victim.

Learn to be satisfied by ending your bait with them not knowing that they were screwed with. Make them think that they are a failure and that they cannot conduct simple business properly. Make them wonder if this is the way that they should continue to live. If anything, they might feel like, "Man, I was so close!" They may then carry that feeling over to someone else who is a baiter and who will make them run through the same hoops.

We need to somehow get the word out to people on these other baiting sites to not tell the lads that we're playing with them. In the beginning (while I've never done it), I thought that it would be funny to be like, "Ha! I outsmarted you! You're Stupid! I tricked you!" But now, I find much more satisfaction is creeping off into the night with the lad none the wiser. Smile

EDIT I apologize for getting off topic. This is a great and epic bait! It's like my new favorite show. I can't wait for the next episode!

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm fairly certain the update will be worth the wait. Until then: here's quite possibly the greatest safari song ever written...

I wonder if Simon and Garfunkel were baiters?

Safari continues HERE (clicky). Very Happy

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@BCS8, if you want accolades regarding your baiting prowess, post your bait in the Publish section. Good baits are always an inspiration to other baiters.

Lads just don't "get" what we do and they do move on with some additional knowledge. While burning them may mess with their minds, and cause a little paranoia (which I favor...), the down side really out weighs any upside.

When you have spend a long time with them and then they are this [_] close and you drop them, they have to wonder about their skill. If you tell them you have been baiting / messing with them, they don't do any wondering about what happened.

Leave them wondering what happened, it is Twisted Evil.

Mass baits seem to be a great way to shake a lad's confidence.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
I wonder if Simon and Garfunkel were baiters?

I love those two!

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
BCS8
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice, chaps.

I'm nothing special as a baiter, mostly just straight baiting and getting them to run up and down to Moneygram chasing after imaginary consignments. I receive lots of scam-traffic in my regular inbox, and I started baiting as a means of pressure relief from the annoyance of the receipt of several scam mails per day in that inbox.

It was pretty satisfying changing tone from the clueless newbies I usually portrayed in my final 'piss-off' letter, but I think I get what you mean about not telling them.

The concept of "de-education" never really crossed my mind before coming to this site, and I'll bear it in mind from now on. Thanks! Smile
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing wrong with them blaming an imaginary third party, ie the Gomer Boys... many a failed scam has been down to these lads and their smoke and mirrors. Also taunting the lad after his money has vanished into the Gomers' Henessy-and-cohibas fund will raise some heart-felt objections which make great signature material.

Just as long as they don't learn the truth of the matter Wink

Hugh
Not quite a Newb

Location: Where engineering meets Bratwurst and a shit-ton of Schokolade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't want to take this too off-topic, but who are the Gomer Boys? I've seen them mentioned once or twice the time I've been here and they seem like some sort of (imaginary) ace-baiter group.

YOU ARE A BLOODILY STUPID ,YOU WILL NOT BE REASONABLE IN LIFE- Philip K@lu
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hugh wrote:
Don't want to take this too off-topic, but who are the Gomer Boys? I've seen them mentioned once or twice the time I've been here and they seem like some sort of (imaginary) ace-baiter group.

The Gomer Boys are an exclusive club of highly skilled, very educated, and influential people who make a habit of outsmarting lads. They utilize skills such as deception, hacking, bullying, trolling, and seeming to be everywhere at any given time. They are capable of chopping any money transfer, and making a mockery of the lad to whom it had been sent. If there were such as thing as an internet ninja, the Gomer Boys would qualify. In the realm of lads and their boss ogas, none outrank the Gomer Boys.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didnt quite BURN a lad - but he sucks at tracing IPS (traced his own) back to Ghana. - Thus now he thinks I am in his home area in a secret cafe that tells you how to talk like a "white man". - I have "admited" I was fooling him in the earlier bait to test him and see how good he is.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Baitsamurai
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I cannot end the bait nicely I tend to just stop all contact - as a victim would do after discovering that the whole thing was a scam.
If I did something wrong and the lad got too suspicious to trust me anymore I usually play the Gomerboyz card.
It seems quite common that lads mess around with lads...

"u dis fucking ingrate, *DELETED*!"
"YOU ARE VERY VERY STPEID MAN FUK YOU WITH YOUR MONEY"
"you are a thief i know you ....fbi is coming for you"
"YOU WILL RUST IN HELL YOU BASTERD"
"I don't mean no disrespect but i don't like that word cunning,I mean this is a charity work for Christ's sake"
Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x84 x124 Mortar United KingdomGermanyUnited States
Safari C0nv0y/P4tr1ck Co-Bait with Boris_YELLsome: Lagos-Abuja-Lagos-Cotonou

Don't ever worry about seeming stupid. We're baiters. We do a lot of silly things in our baits. (Ima Baeder)
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only burning of lads which I support is that inflicted by the Late Great Bombardier.

Bruin

Edit - I was in a hurry and put the wrong baiter's name in!! My apologies to all.

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified

Last edited by BRUIN on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoRideEmCowboy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is one way to tell the lad that you know he is a scammer without burning him. Again, I don't really agree with this method either but, it's the lesser of evils.

Towards the end of your bait, you character may become "aware" that this is a scam. He won't say that he knew all along. He'll just start having doubts and asking questions. If the bait continues to spiral downward, you can be like, "I think you're playing a joke on me!"

This type of ending is good and bad I think. It's good because the lad may feel bad about blowing his cover. The bad thing is that he may learn how to do it better next time.

I guess you could play this angle properly with a lot of de-education. The lad will try to up his game for next time however, because of the de-education, his new game will have more holes in it than previously.

Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Burning lads makes them mad and possibly feel stupid for a very short time.
They will return to their scams smarter, and more efficient at ripping off real victims. This is not the point of baiting lads; helping them steal money from their next victims in line. And this is exactly what burning accomplishes.

It only gives the baiter cheap thrills, and proves nothing in the intelligence department. In fact, it proves that the lad gains knowledge, and the baiter has learned nothing about how they operate and how best to fight them.
It also proves that the baiter has not read our stickies, FAQ, or Eater University, which freely discusses this topic in detail and ways to extend a bait for months, sometimes almost indefinitely.
Don't burn them, and they sometimes appear back years later!

Baiting them for months or years thinking you are a real victim messes up their minds much more than saying, "Ha, ha! I'm smarter than you are!"
With six timers (lads baited continuously for a year or more,) I know how
it messes up their self confidence, de-educates, causes mental torture, and generally drives them insane. We may also get more piggies, learn who their associates are, and have more information to warn victims or potential victims. Keep them guessing and your mouth shut!

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Safari Issac to Chad
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The great BRUIN wrote:
The only burning of lads which I support is that inflicted by the Late Great Mugatu (RIP).

+1 may he rest in peace.

There was also Bombardier, whose burning involved getting a lad to set his pants on fire on video ("The Unknown Stuntman").

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The method of just abruptly ending communications can have some amusing results. There are a couple lads I stopped emailing a few months ago and I still get messages from them several times a week.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012
Baitsamurai
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

when you do not respond they become very active - when your payment is pending even more Wink

"u dis fucking ingrate, *DELETED*!"
"YOU ARE VERY VERY STPEID MAN FUK YOU WITH YOUR MONEY"
"you are a thief i know you ....fbi is coming for you"
"YOU WILL RUST IN HELL YOU BASTERD"
"I don't mean no disrespect but i don't like that word cunning,I mean this is a charity work for Christ's sake"
Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x84 x124 Mortar United KingdomGermanyUnited States
Safari C0nv0y/P4tr1ck Co-Bait with Boris_YELLsome: Lagos-Abuja-Lagos-Cotonou

Don't ever worry about seeming stupid. We're baiters. We do a lot of silly things in our baits. (Ima Baeder)
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While letting a lad know you have twigged he is a scammer is ultimately counter productive. Letting on that you have become aware of scammers operating on the internet can reinvigorate a bait getting close to, or past its sell-by date. They can become quite lively trying to convince you they are the only honest one among the millions of hoodlums and fraudstars.

Burning no. Maybe just singe them around the edges a little. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Yeah, good point Windy. My girlfriend Busty warns me about that sometimes. Smile

Safari Issac to Chad
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Benjamin_Franklin wrote:
The method of just abruptly ending communications can have some amusing results. There are a couple lads I stopped emailing a few months ago and I still get messages from them several times a week.

this is a good way to cheat your way into an hourglass - get a lad on the hook, get to payment stage then wait a few months before resuming as if nothing happened. in addition to receiving various desperate messages from your scammer you may also see different formats from the same mugu trying to lure you back in one way or another.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic