SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

More reason to keep at it.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This story tells the story: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Jamaican-Scammer-122755529.html

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
No law enforcement agency was any help at all and I contacted several," Godwin said.

Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jamaican authorities told NBC news people:
Quote:
most importantly they got a pledge of cooperation from authorities there, who said extraditing lottery scammers to the United States will stop the scammers cold.

Yeah, right. Rolling Eyes

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Chugg
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Godwyn is right... no law enforcement agency is going to do a damn thing about 419 scams. As cold as it might sound, they have bigger things to deal with.

That's where we come in. The law might not be able to stop 419 scams, but law and justice are two totally different things.

With this story and many like it, I now realize a very important thing: The law has limitations and rules that must be followed, but we aren't encumbered by such technicalities.

If we can keep a lad busy for just 20 minutes, that's 20 minutes he will never get back and 20 minutes he didn't spend getting money out of some poor schmuck who trusted him. And unlike a police department, we don't have to prove anything to a judge before taking the next step.
Dribbler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chugg wrote:

If we can keep a lad busy for just 20 minutes, that's 20 minutes he will never get back and 20 minutes he didn't spend getting money out of some poor schmuck who trusted him. And unlike a police department, we don't have to prove anything to a judge before taking the next step.

For some dumb reason I thought I was on YouTube and was looking for the thumbs up button. I'll just leave this here instead Thumbs up

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chugg wrote:
Godwyn is right... no law enforcement agency is going to do a damn thing about 419 scams. As cold as it might sound, they have bigger things to deal with.

Actually, that statement couldn't be further from the truth.
LE does what it can.

Catching and convicting 419 criminals is nigh on impossible but there are plenty of news reports out there which show how hard LE is working to bring them to justice. Certainly in the West, anyway.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
sagat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

People need to be educated IMHO in order for there to be a decline in these scams. Governments and baiter's should play their part because as long as there are unwilling victims who think they are in for a windfall, these scams will go on for years (if not generations) to come
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Desperate financial situations, loneliness and a myriad of other reasons are how people fall victims to scams.

Also there are limitations on what any agency can do. We all like a "free" internet and that comes with a price. Criminals come in all stripes and nationalities and they exploit anyone they can.

We here do take steps to make sure we are dealing with a scammer when baiting and not an innocent party, a beggar or a company with loose business practices. We do regulate ourselves, which is something scammers do not do. They will scam their own kind, as in "There is no honor among thieves."

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Chugg
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Actually, that statement couldn't be further from the truth.
LE does what it can.

I do stand corrected... sort of. Law enforcement agencies certainly will do what they can, but the truth is they can't do much.

LE officers in the western world would love to bust 419 scammers, but they are severely limited by jurisdictional and manpower issues. If a lad is operating within their jurisdiction (usually nationally for most agencies), they can and will go after him and bring him and his organization down.

If a lad is operating on foreign soil, however, North American or European LEA's have little if any authority. They would then have to rely on (just examples) cooperation from Nigerian, Mexican or Ghanaian police to affect an arrest, which is highly unliklely.

That said, many scammers operate within Canada and the USA. Those scammers have much to fear, because they absolutely will be busted if the cops find out who they are.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic