SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Will be a geek for food

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am now officially unemployed, my restaurant closed down today.

I'm thinking of going back into freelance programming, something I tried a few years ago (quit my day job, spent about two months going insane from the mixture of outlandish bids and even more outlandish proposals).

It seemed like a fun idea at the time, but in practice it is much like being locked in a room full of shit-slinging monkeys and being directed by a team of PHB's.

So, I thought I'd ask my fellow geeks here for advice. Any ideas on how to attain the freedom of freelance programming, without having to wade through proposals to replicate Facebook for $50?

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry to hear that, leonsumbitches.
Sorry, no advice on the programming but I hope that it all works out.

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, that sucks. Hope you get new job asap. Fingers crossed

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck on finding a new job.

The one thing I learned from doing freelance work (and luckily I wasn't really financially dependant on it), was that stuff always took more time than I anticipated...
A suggestion may be to make sure that the people that need you can find _you_ in stead of you only looking for them. Maybe you can place an advert on craigslist or something equivalent?
The other possibility is not going for freelance work but simply applying for jobs at a few IT-companies near you. I do some programming for a company here (company sells stuff, I do the companies website) and in my experience it's very flexible work. So you don't necessarily need to go for freelancing work, as long as you find yourself a flexible employer that allows you to work according to your own planning you've got the same kind of freedom. Deadlines will always be there, but while working for someone else you don't need to worry about finding your next project to work on.

Terror Mask
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Ditto.
I'm a programmer, and I'm employed: in my country, you lose some of your flexibility (it's considered a 9 to 5 job) but other than that, I'm pretty much given a project, a deadline and then left to my own devices.
I may have a few openings for you, but I guess you'd have to relocate....
Best wishes anyway.

I GOT YOUR MAIL RIGHT NOW BUT THE PAYMENT SLIP THAT YOU SEND TO ME DID NOT SHOW ANY SIGNAL - Barr. St3v3 Mus4 4g4w4

.......i need to know cuz i like to do thing to pleased my self ok - John (or Frank) Smith.

FOOL I DON`T CARE HOW MUCH YOU MAKE IN 3 DAY. GOD GO PUNISH YOU LITTLE RAT. BEAST LIKE UR FATHER.... FUCK YOU AND FUCK UR FAMILY... U MOTHERFUCTHER (Barr. Michael Rich) Easter Egg 2011
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Over here it would usually be 9 to 5 as well. I don't have a full-time job, I'm a student so I work in 'free' time to pay my rent and eat. But my employer is flexible, programming isn't something that needs to be done during office hours... (as far as my boss cares, if it's done before the deadline it's okay)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic