SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Winter Is Here

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, we're getting our snow Sad Winter time has arrived.

This year I decided to put 4 snow tires on my Jeep Wrangler. I figure with snow tires AND 4WD I can go through whatever Mother Nature throws at us. And not to worry--I'm not one one of those idiots who drives 70 miles an hour on snow-covered or icy roads because of 4WD. I figure if I am in 4WD, I should be going below the speed limit. For example, if the speed limit in the city is 30 mph and I'm in 4WD, I should be going around 20 mph. I don't know--that's my rule of thumb: Go below the speed limit if you need to be using 4WD.

So, for those other members here who have to deal with snow and all that stuff--do you use snow tires? Have 4WD or do you find your FWD or RWD suffices (or AWD)?

I've had Wranglers for going on 10 years and this is the first year I've used snow tires. I have a sneak suspicion this year is gonna be a tough winter at least where I am.

How are the rest of you set for winter driving? (to whose in Florida or other warm temperatures--I expect smart ass comments) Wink

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a set of winter tyres for the cold months, although they're not required in the Netherlands. Lots of people have an extra winter set. I'm in a front wheel drive by the way. Spikes are not allowed here, unlike some of the Scandinavian countries, like Finland.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We're allowed studded tires, but only through the winter months. Come spring time, they need to be taken off.

And FWD is way better than rear-wheel drive. I had a little convertible (Mercury Capri) in the early 90s that ran great in the snow with snow tires. My problem was anything over 12 inches of snow and I was screwed.

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the other hand: I've owned a couple of RWD's in the past, and they're much more fun to drive in icy conditions. Well, it was, until I missed an oncoming bus by a couple of inches on an unexpected icy part of the road. Must have been about 20 years ago, but I'll never forget that moment. Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you crap your pants?

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Almost. We were doing about 80 km/h each, it was almost a head-on. The road was frozen dry, except for this particular spot. I was on my way to work at 07:30 AM, I can tell you I was fully awake when I arrived. Laughing

Wile E Coyote
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
We are in an area the may or may not get snow. This year we have had some already. I have a Pathfinder and have Michelin LTX mud and snows on, and have found them to adequate for my requirements. (quite good in snow in my opinion)
As you know, all a poorly driven 4WD does is let you get stuck further and deeper, and many of the idiots around here forget that you can't stop any faster with a 4WD than you can with any other vehicle.
Regards.
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks goodness for the southern hemisphere. ah, sunshine!

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dutch: Finland is NOT a Scandinavian country. Scandinavia+Finland. Wink

Anyway, I survived a blizzard that was not in my home country just last Tuesday and now it's just cold.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fall flowers bring spring showers and winter woos bring up the rose. I made that up, did it sound right? Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aye............Snowing here at the moment and bloody Cold.......! Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JumpinJayJay wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

Love,

Everyone above 45 degrees North.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The UK has the lowest low temperatures on record for November. And the most widespread snow for nearly twenty years.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It hit -8C here (Eastern counties UK) last night.

We don't do snow well in the UK. Much above an inch of the stuff and everything grinds to a halt and the papers have "White hell as Arctic freeze grips Britain" headlines.

I do have a 4WD (Toyota Landcruiser) but my excuse is I live down a farm track and need it for towing horse boxes Smile

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Before i came to the UK, they said it wouldn't snow much, so i didn't bother to put my winter tyres on. Of course, now it's unusually cold here for november, and there's snow. Rolling Eyes

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sunshine wrote:
-8C

-8C = 17F

Cold? Seriously?

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We were -11 earlier this morning. It's cold for the UK but not cold and it embarrasses me the fuss people make (even considering the lack of general Winter preparation in this country - you don't even get salt/grit on most roads in most parts of the country any more).
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dr. Steve Forum wrote:
It's cold for the UK but not cold

Very well, now I won't have to hunt down and kill you people in the UK.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

E Sussex seaside resort here, so I didn't expect half an inch of <strike>global warming</strike> snow yesterday morning. The last forecast I had heard just suggested that East Kent might get some.
No problem for me. Forty years ago, I was used to driving on ungritted mountain roads in North Wales. Although I think that the narrower tyres of cars of the time were better in snow.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Dr. Steve Forum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And now our boiler is dead. Joy.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JumpinJayJay wrote:

Three days of torrential rain with more to follow, with summer officially just three days away.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yastreb wrote:
with summer officially just three days away.

Wouldn't the Southern Hemispheres first day of summer correspond to the Northern Hemispheres first day of winter, Dec 21st this year. Or is your "official" first day of summer declared by a holiday or government decree.

Here in the States we sometimes declare "summer" as the period between Memorial Day and Labor Day, is it something like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's unusually cold here for the time of year, but I haven't seen a flake of snow yet...
Snow's pretty, so I'd like some. On the other hand, I hope it stays away, no snow means better ice...

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing we had 6" or 15 cm of snow and temperatures as low as -35 Celsius or close to - 40 Fahrenheit with a wind chill of 10-15 below that.
It's nice out now, -15 C and no wind, I might slowly become a Canadian after all Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^yikes. That's cold! Here in Syracuse we don't get that cold, but we do get the snow.

Six inches of snow is a nuisance, but nothing major. Thankfully our road crews are great. We had a snowstorm last year and 22 inches of snow got dumped on us overnight. The main roads were all plowed. Of course, one had to get out of their driveways and get to the main roads. Thank God for 4WD-Lo.

I don't mind the snow, but I hate the ice.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic