SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first bait: I feel I did poorly

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone. This was my first bait attampt, but I feel I did poorly with it. It started out good, but I think I frightened him too early. I then decided to just lay it on him. Well, here it is, and any advice for further baits is welcomed:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: "[email protected]"
Subject: KINDLY ASSIST
CC:
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:06:23 +0000

Dear Sir,
Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Wang Qin credit officer
of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd.
I have a concealed business suggestion for you.
Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client General. Ibrahim Moussa who
was with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed
deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of Twenty millions Five
Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity
several notice was sent to him, even during the war early this year.
Again
after the war another notification was sent and still no response came
from him. We later find out that the General and his family had been
killed during the war in bomb blast that hit their home.
After further investigation it was also discovered that Gen. Ibrahim
Moussa did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including
the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last
time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in
my bank. So, Twenty millions Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars
is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim
it. What bothers me most is that according to the to the laws of my
country at the expiration 3 years the funds will revert to the
ownership of
the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as
a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Gen. Ibrahim Moussa so that
you will be able to receive his funds.
WHAT IS TO BE DONE:
I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we
shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will
prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin
to
Gen. Ibrahim Moussa, all that is required from you at this stage is for
you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney
can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the
attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the
necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of
the
funds to an account that will be provided by you.
There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going adopt a
legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary
documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters
concerning this issue.
Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we
shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 25% for you and 5% for any
expenses incurred during the course of this operation.
Should you be interested please send me your full names and current
residential address and I will prefers you to reach me on the email
address below ([email protected])
and finally after that i shall provide you with more details of this
operation.
Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Mr. Wang Qin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 8, 2004
Dear Mr. Wang Qin:
I must say that you have definatly piqued my interest with this potential business proposition. I am very much interested in receiving more information from you concerning this. My name is Edmund Vanderstann. I currently reside in Atlanta, Georgia. I work for Merrick Pharmaceuticals. I am currently a project manager there overseeing the Research/Product Development department. I trust that this information I am giving you will remain confidential, and I will do the same with your information also. As you can imagine, holding a position such as mine, discretion is definatly advised. Please send me any additional information that you can provide, Thanks in advance.

Edmund

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Edmund,

Thank you very much for your response, and your interest in this matter.Like I said before,due to this issue on my hands now,it became necessary for me to seek your assistance, I appreciate the fact that you are ready to assist me in executing this project,and also to help me in investing my money in your country. You should not have anything to worry about.Also attached is the deposit slip and my work id. I will do everything legally required to ensure that the project goes smoothly,it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking Having resolved to entrust this matter into your hands, I want to remind you that, it needs your commitment and diligent follow up.If you work seriously,the entire matter should be over in a couple of few days.l need you to know dt we need to act fast.
READ THE FOLLOWING AND GET BACK TO ME:
Firstly, I will want to know the type of occupation that you do and You should note that this project is highly capital intensive.This is why I have to be very careful. I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before,but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project.
I am now in contact with a foreign online bank. I now intend that you open an account in your name in this foreign bank.The money would be transferred to your account which you will open in the bank for both of us, this is the best way,I have found,it will protect us from my bank and other monetary body.
I want us to enjoy this money in peace when we conclude. So you should listen to my instructions and follow them religiously. Also You have to know that I cannot transfer this money in my name as my bank will be aware that it is from me. This is where I need you.

As result of this,you will have to open an account in the corresponding bank. I will obtain a certificate of deposit from this my bank,it will be issued in your name. This will make you the bonafide owner of the funds. After this,the money will be banked online for both of us.We can then instruct the bank to transfer our various shares into our respective
home bank accounts. I will also perfect the documentations with the assistance of my attorney to give the project a legal right.

Before I commence,I will need you to send me a copy of any form your identification (Driver's licence or International passport). I want to be sure that I am transacting with the correct person. As soon as I get these from you,I will commence the paper work.

I hope you will understand why I need all these.The money in question is big and I want to ensure that I know you well before I proceed to give you all the details to commence the project. I will also send you my international passport upon receipt of your identification.I will send the name and contact details of the bank and their website toyou so that you can commence communication with them.
Ensure that you keep this project confidential, do not discuss it with anybody,because of the confidential nature of this matter and my work.
Please reply soonest.
Regards,

Wang Qin.

Dear Mr. Wang Qin:
It was very nice to hear back from you so promptly. I would very much like to send you a form of identification such as a drivers license or a passport but unfortunatly at this time I have neither. I am legally blind in both my eyes and am unable to drive. I did however send you a picture I was able to find from Christmas of last year....I hope this will suffice. If not, let me know what I could do to ease your worries. To help you know a little more about myself I will give you a short bio. My full name is Edmund Lester Vanderstann. I currently live in a small suburb outside of Atlanta, Georgia called Mosby. I am still recovering from the loss of my life partner Jesse last year from a horrible go-cart accident. I work full time at a Pharmaceutical Plant called Merrick Pharmaceuticals. I am the Project Manager there and also the head of Research and Development. Our main drug we are working on right now is a fertitily drug that helps people that are having difficulty conceiving. It is made partially out of gerbil DNA since they are a very fertile animal with pregnancy cycles of 28 days. So far, the results have been lackluster so the money you are proposing would be a great boon to our research and development.
Speaking of the money, that brings me to my next point. If I am going to go through with this I dont feel that you receiving 70% and me receiving 25% is a fair split. Granted, you thought of the idea and such but it is my neck that will be on the line. Im the one that would have to provide my identity and risk getting in trouble. If we are to be true partners as you say, then I feel the only true way to do this is with a 50%-50% split. Whatever expenses we incur should also be split evenly among our shares. Please let me know if this sounds equitable. Rest assured, my years in research and development have been lucrative and I am able to financially support this operation as needed. Please let me know what you think.
Yours Truly,
Edmund

Dear Edmund,
Thank you so much for your response that you sent to me, as i informed you before i have included my passport in the attachment for your view and also trust.There is no problem we can split 50/50 as far you are committed to this transaction.
Like I said in my email, 5% of the total sum mapped aside shall be used to settle all expenses incurred from both parties during this transaction as a form of reimbursement. As a result of this you are advised to keep records of any expenses you incur no matter the amount, I will keep records of my expenses,we will deduct it from the 5% during the overall calculation.
I shall take care of the expenses on my side but it is necessary for me to let you know that you will be required to take care of the cost of opening the account and having the account activated.The reason I am telling you this is because if we transfer the money from here to the account you will be opening in your name when it is not actived the transfer will bounce back hence the money will return to its source which is my bank, I do not want these complications.i want you to open an on-line account in Netherland with a financer house there we can transfer the money to any bank bit by bit also note that this account should be open in your name and i have contact with one of the financer houses in The-Netherland .
Atlas express finance ("http://www.atlasexpress.tk/")
Atlas Express Finance inc.
Hoofddorplein 1151
Postbus 280 1000 EA
Amsterdam
THE-Netherlands
customer service

Tel: 0031-643-135-890
Fax: 0031-643-135-891
"/ym/[email protected]"
I am sending you the official website of the finance house "http://www.atlasexpressfinance.com/" i chose a finance house so as this funds will be easily transferred so you can browse it and make enquiries on offshore/on-line account opening. I advice you like I said earlier that you open an account via online or telephone call With this finance house so that once the funds are released, i shall tranfer it Straight into your account in Netherland and the transfer will not attract the Monitoring bodies, as the transfer will be seen as in-house. (Same telex type with my Bank).You can then transfer the funds in safe bits to your main account for both of us.
Please do this and get back to me immediately.

Sincerely,

WANG QIN.

Dear Mr. Wang Qin:
While I was at work today I began thinking and I became very distressed. What is bothering me is that I need to use my identity to set up the account. If I do that, wont it make it easy for certain authorities to trace? Please explain. Also, I am concerned how I can pull off being listed as a relative to General Ibrahim Moussa when he is of Iraqi origin and I am a Scandinavian American. I could really use some support here as I am a bit paranoid and nervous. I dont really doubt your genuineness, I just need some reasurrances. I eagerly await your reply. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Edmund

Dear Edmund,
Thanks for your interest in this transaction,l want you to know dt l am an international banker,l need to also know that everything is already taking care of.All l need from you is to open and activate your account so that the fund can be transfered into your account.
Contact the bank on how to go about this.l need you to know that there is nothing to worry about as the legal proceeding as is being taking care of and that any expenses incurred by both of us will be taking care by the percentage set aside for that.
lets both take care of our part to prevent a hitch free transfer.
l wait your urgent response.
Sincerely,
Wang Qin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Wang Qin:
Thanks for your most recent email. I am preparing to call and set up the account, but before I do I feel we need to do something to build up some trust amongst us. As I mentioned in a previous email, I am currently working on a new fertility drug involving gerbil DNA. We are always looking for nice pictures or such to put around the office dealing with our tests and such. What I would like you to do is make a sign that has the following written on it, "A GERBIL IS A MAN'S BEST FRIEND" The guys around the office would love it and it would really help morale in the office. The second reason I ask you to do this is because anyone could simply find pictures of the internet and claim to be them but if I has a picture of you holding that sign, it would totally make me trust you. I look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can complete this business and make both of us very wealthy:)
Best Regards,
Edmund
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Edmund,
I am delighted to hear from you.I have sent you my work id ,passport for your perusal and these are not for you to show to evryone because this is confidential and i don't want law enforcement agency to know that we are friends or that we even know each other because that can bring suspision.please this will not be for the safety of this transaction and i need you to follow my instructions if you want us to suceed.I have a perfect plan.please go ahead to open and activate the account.attached is my family photos.I appreciate your committment so far.
sincerely,
Wang qin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Wang Qin:

I am still very interested in completing this transaction, however I have not heard from you in over a day. One would think with the amount of money involved for both of us that you would be getting back to me very quickly. You better respond very fast, because I am quickly losing interest. Once again, simply take a picture of yourself holding a sign that says "Gerbils are a man's best friend." If you cannot do that then make a sign that says, "In Edmund I Trust" Its the only way I will truly believe you are who you say you are. Dont throw this transaction away over just one small little hurdle. I await your response.

Edmund

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Edmund,

Thanks for your interest in this transaction,sorry for not attending to your mail quickly.l need you to know that this transfer is not a child's play.
But you are making things difficult for us.

Since l contacted you,you have failed to disclose your ldentity, l still laid my trust on you, why not try and reciporcate this trust l have in you.

l sent you my work id nand my family pics but you are not still satisfied,l need you to know that this fund will transfered into the acount you are to activate and how are l sure u will transfer mine to me but l think you wouldn't do that because of your rear personality.

Try and be more serious as you said and activate the account.

l wait your urgent response.

Sincerely,
Wang Qin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr, Wang Qin:

I think you may have trouble understanding me. First of all, I already revealed my identity to you AND I already sent you a picture. Just in case you need refreshing, (I didnt realize a Credit Offifer at a major bank could be so thick headed) here is my info again:

Edmund Lester Vanderstann
63 Elm St.
Mosby, GA 54532

I love how you keep trying to turn this around on me as if I have given you reason not to trust me. As I mentioned previously, you sent me 2 very similar letters with similar amounts of money to be claimed but with different names though. Now, I dont think asking for a scanned picture of you holding up a sign is asking so much. You have several options here if we are to complete this transaction. 1) Send me a scanned picture through email of you holding a sign that says, "Gerbils Are a Man's Best Friend" or 2)Dont bother sending me your drivel anymore. You decide.

These are your only 2 options. YOU are the one who is wasting time. If you had spent as much time simply taking this picture as you had arguing with me, we'd be almost done this transaction by now. I repeat, do this and the accound will be set up as soon as a receive the picture through email.

Once again, because you seem to have selective memory, I have sent my picture along with my company letterhead. The ball is in your court and you know what you have to do.

Sincerely,

Edmund

Dear Edmund,

l appreciate your concern so fact but l need you to scan me a copy of your driver's licence or international passport

l need you to understand that this is a transaction that will our financial status for the better.

l need you to be more serious ok

l wait your urgent response

Sincerely,
Wang Qin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Wang Qin:

Did you get my previous email? Whats going on? Are we still partners in this or not? Let me know what is going on please?

Edmund
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Edmund,

Thanks for your concern so far,but if you don't want to act on the details given to you ,then forget it.

l think there is somebody out there that will be interested if you are not serious.

Regards,

Wang Qin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Dipshit:

You make a good point. God forbid you actually give me a reason to trust you, especially after sending me 2 separate letters with different names and amounts. But I guess you think any person would believe receivng an anonymous letter offering all kinds of free money. BTW Wang, I very seriously doubt that is your real name. Your no doubt a piece of shit 419 scammer from Nigeria or some other ass backwards country that tries to prey on innocent people. I would love to meet you face to face and pound the living crap out of you. BTW, theres a whole group of us that send letters to you and all your butt buddies just to waste your time and stop you from doing this to innocent people and guess what, I just wasted some of yours! Now climb back under that rock you came from and give your OGA a big FUCK YOU from me too. Its been fun shitbrick.

Edmund (if that really is my real name)

And thats where it ended so far. He has not responded yet. I would like a nasty mail back though Twisted Evil What could I have done differently to make this work better? I seemed to get stuck on the sign for too long. I think for a while I may try to string these scum out longer.
Fungus
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Leaker..you have a PM

I will send oracle to you and your family to torment you people,i will send Ogun, Oya, Sango,Obatala,Obatarisa ,sanpono, ofo emi ile, gbigbona, olode, esu, and Iku ojiji to you and your family...Samuel Kayode

Ogun, Oya, Sango,Obatala,Obatarisa ,sanpono, ofo emi ile, gbigbona, olode, esu, and Iku ojiji will bombarb you and your family this year (Amen)
You and your great great generations will die in the darkness.
Thunder will fire you and folks to death
Bastard. Idiot......Both from Bradston Higgston

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good effort leaker.

As you've asked for some input...

Don't get too down-hearted mate, you wasted this Wan-kers time a bit, that's what it's all about. So hats off to you there!

I think you were a bit too generous sending a pic, I would said something like "golly shit mate -- WTF am I gonna send ya, ain't got none of that lot here -- how 'bout a library card."
Or words with similar effect. I think you could have strung it out a wee bit longer with that one.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure there's a nice Mugu out there just waiting to give you a good death threat.

Cool
bibelot
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Leaker,

While I am still very new at this I think you may have given up too early.

Quote:
Dear Edmund,

Thanks for your concern so far,but if you don't want to act on the details given to you ,then forget it.

l think there is somebody out there that will be interested if you are not serious.

Regards,

Wang Qin

I've had them threaten me that they will find someone else to complete the deal in my place (heck, Ive told them to find someone else) it has usually been a bluff and then they come crawling back:

one of my pets tried it, I called his bluff and I got this:

Quote:
Dear Sir.

Good afternoon, I was very happy today as I received your mail please do not be angry with me. You know already that I can not go to somebody I don�t know to ask him to help me, I trusted you so much because you have been communicating with my late Mother Mrs. Lilly, OH were ever they may be today I pray may there sol rest in perfect peace amen.

I have up my mined for you to come and visit me here in Ghana West Africa so that we can go to the security company of Ghana and claim the fund.

So maybe try to hang in a bit longer. After all, that's the point: to waste their time so they aren't scamming others in your place.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. -Douglas Adams
CommanderKiller
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Leaker, good bait! That was the way to play it. Hey don't feel bad about the picture, quite a few lads seem to be resisting sending trophy pictures these days. I agree with bibelot. Next time after you issue the ultimatium, wait a week or two and then write him back and tell him
Quote:
...after discussing our previous proposal with the Board, we have decided it is in our company's best interest to renew negoiations with you again.
Tell him you still need the picture, but then end the letter by dangling another carrot in front of him, say a free laptop or cell phone as a bouns if the deal is concluded. That extra bit of honey often will get the flies biting! Good luck! Very Happy

Charles Soludo (after WU trip #10): "....you may not understand what it is for my secretary to be going westernunion to westernunion just to present false informations to them."

Mr. Koffi after failed Airport meet - "The line and question is, why have you decided to play with me, you allowed me to waste my time, energy and money to put things(documnets) in your name , why?"

Mr. Obasanjo - "I have severally warned you to mind your language while addressing Prof. Soludo or any other person in that matter this is a serious business not some American movie Gangster. If you repeat it next time I will have your file thrown out of my office."

Jolly Roger Mortar x9
Sudsman
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a n00b, I always went for the trophy. How can one resist? They're so damn funny! And it didn't take me long to find out that they're not easy to come by.

These days, I've quit asking for them entirely, prefering instead to waste as much of their costly Internet time as possible, sending them on wild goose chases, scaring the shit out of them and generally abusing them and/or making their lives as much of a living hell as possible. If they send me to a fake bank, I kill it. If they ask me for a picture, I send them a renamed .dll file. If they want me to sign a form and send it back to them I just hit reply and send them a .jpg file of Robert E. Lee's signature. And just as they bring several people into their scam (barrister, security company, etc.), I bring in as many personalities from multiple email addresses as I can to further confuse them, tie them up or terrify them.

Still haven't gotten one trophy...but I'm having the time of my life.

Jolly Roger United Nations x5
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

leaker wrote:
Hello everyone. This was my first bait attampt, but I feel I did poorly with it. {snip}

No, leaker, you did OK - trophy photos are harder to come by these days, from what I have read in this forum. Too many lads have been stung, word spreads, etc (should that read "not enough lads"?)

I am almost tempted to say that newcomers should be actively discouraged from going straight for the trophy photo, and that a better internship would be to do a few basic time-waster baits first. I know I wish I had followed my own advice when I started Embarassed

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
DutchBaiter
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You did a good job! I see nothing wrong with the bait. And concerning the trophies: don't be sad you didn't get one. I have done quite a lot of baits and that resulted in 5 decent trophies. And all that in over a years time, baiting almost continuesly. So you see it's not easy to get some good ones!

And besides that, we also count filled-in forms as good trophies, you will see they are a bit easier to get from them. Pictures are getting harder and harder.

If I may make one remark: I personally never end my baits the way you do. I never let them know they've been "had". I feel that by doing so I am actually teaching them to do a better job, something I wish to avoid.

Of course it feels good to tell them you were on to them from the start, but it will probably get them to think: "Mmm.. next time I've got to be more careful". That's just my opinion though.

Keep on baiting, can't wait to see more of your work!

"i will ask my men to come over to you and shot you one or two bullets"
"It is worthy to note that people are unreliable these days and even derive joy in telling lies."
"as i believe that the boob job will never cost upto $7.5 Million usds"
"As I am presently in the Republic of England"
"i will tire your pant with the highest love on earth"

Cayman Islands Netherlands Mortar x7 Goat
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
1337Poster
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't be down on yourself one bit, you just happened to get the most tight arsed scammer out of the whole lot of them!

Wang Quin is very hard to get anything out of, hes been ran over so many times and has seen many a baiter i believe from things seen on this board.

In the 5 times that i have tryed to bait him, none have suceeded.

You got lots of correspondence though, keep up the baiting.
chrisd234
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wang Qin has been baited and rebaited and then baited again. The guy is a passed around baiters like whore. (assuming its one lad using one identity, which i belive because he acts the same)

He'll never call, because then he'd have to fake an accent, he'll never send a picture either.

For a wanq qin bait, this was well done.

YOU MUST BE VERY STUPID FOR YOUR MAILS TO ME.I DON,T BEG FOR MY RIGHT.I ADVISE YOU DESIST FROM REPLING THIS MAIL.WHAT DO U MEAN BY I SHOULD FEEL FREE TO PASS MY DETAILS ALONG TO WHOEVER NEEDS THEM,ARE U GOD,U BASTERD.
Sudsman
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Although I've personally never "had" Wang Qin, I don't think he's the same lad. I think it's a baiter persona that got adopted and passed around as a viable foreign ID. I'm currently baiting my second Kenneth Biros from Cote d'Ivoire and I know for a fact that it's not the same lad.

Jolly Roger United Nations x5
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic