SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why are some lads willing to phone?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
penfold
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have three baits on the go at the moment, 2 romance and a 'consignment box'. The romance ones do everything possible not to pay for the call but the consignment box insist on calling me. Am I missing something here? Are the consignment lads willing to invest to get their dosh?

They even block the number when making the call and don't seem in any hurry to end the call. I just find it odd.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the feeling lads trust you faster if you are able to talk with them...Ofcourse most lads will ask YOU to call them but lads are indeed willing to invest some money in a scam as the feeling is there it will pay off.
Some lads sure have cheap ways to make calls but in general i have the feeling that most are calling mobile...so its a good way to have some fun built trust and burn some of his money.

Sand Timer mr Frank Bode

NOW I KNOW YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID ANIMAL THAT EVER EXIST ON EARTH. FB

ANYWAY THERES NO REASON TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME WITH HE GOAT LIKE YOU..I KNOW ANIMAL LIKE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW SIMPLE COURTESY OF APOLOGY FOR WASTING A TIME OF A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSMAN LIKE ME.
J0hns0n Prince K0fi
EFudd
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a UN lottery win mugu from S.A, who sadly I now think I've lost, who insisted on telephoning me.

He left 8 messages (IIRC) on my k7 ansaphone. I just couldn't get to the phone in time, or I was on it when he called. Wink

I may look at getting a pay as you go sim and routing a premium number via that so I can verbally interact with the next clown.

It's strange as I've not had hardly anyone else ring my k7 and he's the only one who left messages.

"I HAVE WORK FOR 2WEEKS WITH OUT SLEEPING, BUT YOU COLLECTED ALL THE MONEY" - "unknown" man

"Who's this wretched irritant, stop irritating me bloody psycho?" -Michael C0llet

"are u nigerian just care to knw i need to make good money if u have contacts we can share" - Justin C4se

"I have come up with a good bank account.." S4mantha Higgins
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had lads who want the number and who never call. Or call but won't leave a voice message. But I've also had some who will leave messages two or three times a day. I've talked to a few lads on the phone, though it's usually me calling them, particularly one lad. But a few of those others they call and I pick up and talk away. I personally love to call them back at 3:00 a.m. their time and wake them up to talk business.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
penfold
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd love to be in a time zone where I could do that but I'm buggered if I'm setting my alarm Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I'm lucky I guess Smile There's only a five hour difference between me and them.

BlueTiger
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

all the above, and probably it's that doing phone gives the lad a feeling that the person they are dealing with really is a victim they sink their foul claws even deeper into.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its also got a lot to do with their confidence and their credibility. Their lad culture makes them believe that they are so clever and the magas are so dumb that they can talk a difficult maga into paying the fees when all seems lost, and when you think about it, what sort of "barrister", "bank manager" etc wouldn't call you in a "once in a lifetime opportunity" like this? But lately the lads now also seem to be a bit on the cheap side, preferring you to call them than they call you. My YAC account used to have at least ten calls a day from the lads, now its lucky to get one a week, and all my baits in the last month I have had to instigate the dialog by calling them (naturally at 3 in the morning their time Twisted Evil ).It does seem to be different to a few years ago when most lads would drop you if you either didn't take their calls or didn't call them but the lads nowadays also seem to just be in a rush for a quick small payout within 2 days of "contact" with the maga.

Spain x2 United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x20 Goat Goat
By the time I am through with you,that miserable thing inside you call a baby will come out being a goat and hating you for your wickedness. Barrister Ekene
I have been to this place for four times making fool of myself with invalid numbers.I will rather not go there again: Barrister Ekene
For all this pains you have cost to my heart today you must surely die for it. Fuck off and never reply this mail. Linda Wallfan Johnson
Jasper
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think sometimes it depends on the lad as well as the type of scam. I've had love lads that called relentlessly, and other love lads who insist my characters call them because they're "so poor" and never have any credit to call. (Of course, when they DO call, they make sure to make it seem like they went all out to get that credit just to call my characters!)
I've had the combination lads who want a romance and also have to get their dead daddy's money, and all the lads involved with that called my character all the time for a while.
Then there was the religious love lad who was always calling wanting phone sex. Shocked I really don't know what was up with that. Unfortunately for him, the network always dropped out when he called. Laughing I think some lads are great fun on the phone. Others, not so much. I had one love lad who *always* sang to my character when he called, and would talk forever, giving her language lessons and everything. He was great fun! I wish I had recorded some of those calls...

Closed lad accounts x9 Easter Egg
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That´s right, they want to have more power over you.

When money becomes urgent they will call you 30 times a day (and "flash" you throughout the night).

And months after.

In the early stage of a love scam, he is not exactly interested in long phone calls with you at this time. Only just in front of the "money urgent" stage. For now to verify you are real it is enough for him to see you have given him a working number.

He would want you to send him a SMS to the cell no. or leave him a voice message on the +4470 one, which sends him a notifying email that you have called (provided you did not block your number), it´s an internet phonecall redirecting service.

Then he would know when exactly during his night shift it´s time to appear as visible on his yahoo account for you. Assuming he "works" lots of other profiles at the same time.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Though I'm no expert on romance Lads, I believe that many provide personal details that would be exposed if they rang you up. Often they have copied biographies and romantic stuff from elsewhere and it just wouldn't work if you spoke to them on the phone and heard them speak.

That's not a set guide as some Lads can sound quite cultured but that's not the general rule.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
penfold
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That's a good point. Even the romance ones don't stay on for long because the talk is so different from the email, especially the 'Senegal refugee camp romance' ones where you have to book the call - the reverend has to get the girl from wherever she is - yeah right.

I'm not sure how the 'consignment lads' (coz there's more tha one) are doing the calls but I keep them on as long as possible anyway just in case they are paying. The time lag on the call and the African accent are brilliant for that.

Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The two longest and most rewarding baits that I've ever done are those in which phone contact was made - a call from Persephone kept 'Prince William' in play for 11 months, and calls from Slaphappy and Black Dog mean that 'Fats' Walla is still in contact after nine months. I guess that the phone calls just add that extra bit to your verisimilitude.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Agreed. I know that there is debate about phone calls and it being needed, I love to do the phone calls now. Sure, it's cost me a few dollars making calls, but it was worth it. I had one lad writing down the MTCN number and he was half-asleep. I changed the numbers a few times when he repeated it back. Priceless Smile

NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mugu_eater wrote:
I have the feeling lads trust you faster if you are able to talk with them

Correct. When soliciting lads, I've even had some tell me (in as many words): "Give me your phone number so that I know you're real".

As for your specific question, romance and refugee camp lads are notoriously lazy. They rarely life a finger in their scams, and this naturally extends to their making - or, more specifically, not making - phone calls.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was only recently that I got me a Skype number just for lads to call, trouble is lads expect you to be there every time they call!

Another problem is you can't talk to more than one at a time, and remembering which lad is which!

Lads love to talk, I think when they have an audience of other lads!

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My lad is trying to get me to call him, and he claims that he have called me and a woman answered. Which is kind of strange considering that i gave him a number from artofhacking. So natrually i told him he must have dailed the wrong number and gave him the correct one. I think he really would like to get a hold of me since his mail is all but safe. Apperently he has been chopped two times so he must be getting a bit paranoid at this time i guess.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never made a phone call to one of my lads. I've never received a phone call from any lad. I don't have a K7 number. Nobody has ever made or received a call on my behalf. Seven lads have written to my characters for over a year (the longest two for over 20 months now), and number eight will reach the one-year anniversary in two weeks' time.

Undoubtedly phone calls help build trust, and they may be essential for some types of bait (eg playing the part of another lad or oga; safari baits) - but I'm proof that you can keep lads for a very long time without ever making or receiving a single call. So: anyone who doesn't want to have telephone contact - be reassured that you can still get lads to stay around!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@devil_woman:

I’ve had more than one lad at a time doing phone calls. I keep a list of my lads and the phone numbers and my character in a word file. I also have a folder for each lad and keep all relevent material in there (i.e., phone number, my character’s bio, notes to myself of what I’ve sent him, etc.

You are totally right about them expecting you to be there when they call. And they hate voice mail. Lads were emailing me complaining I wasn’t answering the phone, and I had to slap them. Told them that I have no intention of sitting by my phone all days just in case they called. That I had a job after all.

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Branwen you are an inspiration to us all Laughing

BUT lads phoning you can be FUN

dwatina go for it and have fun BUT don't spend your own money!

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I've spent some of my own on making calls, but it was worth it. I try to get them to call me first. But for a few lads, I just couldn't resist myself and had to call them Smile

Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After sometime in baiting I can conclude this:

Try to AVOID calling or receiving calls from lads as much as you can, because;

1- They will call you at odd times (and they love to talk)

2- You will end up calling them (that’s happened to me)

I’m now in the processes of just receiving phone calls again

Hopefully, soon I will follow Branwen's path

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
penfold
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a separate phone with an unregistered SIM. I get 50 free international minutes for a tenner top up. Because it's a dedicated phone I can put the known numbers in it so I get a clue who's calling.

This also means I can just turn it off if I don't want to receive calls. When I have it on I always have the folder with me.

I agree you don't need to speak to the lads. The last time I did this about 12 months ago I kept a couple going for about 5 or 6 months without talking to them. The loss of the baits was in no way connected to the lack of numbers. It was the all day wait at the airport that did it. Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I've got Skype on my computer, so if they call me at odd times the computer is off and it goes to voicemail anyway.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic