SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What's the Lad's angle here?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
ATTN:LAWRENCE DOBSON,

THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS OFFICE WISHES TO CONGRATULATE YOU AS WE HAVE FINALLY RECEIVED YOUR INFORMATION AND AT THE SAME TIME WE HAVE CONCLUDED WITH OUR VERIFICATION.

MEANWHILE, BEFORE YOUR FUND WILL MOVE FROM OUR BANK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT WE WILL WANT YOU TO COME DOWN TO OUR OFFICE HERE IN LONDON FOR THE FINAL SIGNATORY ON THE RELEASE OF YOUR FUND, WE ALSO HEARD FROM MR. PHILLIPT TAFFEE OF THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF) THIS MORNING SAYING THAT HE IS NOT SO SURE IF YOU CAN BE ABLE TO COME DOWN TO LONDON FOR THE SIGNATORY TO BE ENDURES AND WE THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE LEAD FINANCE BANK AFTER OUR MEETING THIS MORNING CONCLUDED THAT WE CAN ASSIGN AN ATTORNEY ON YOUR BEHALF WHO CAN MAKE THE SIGNATORY ON FOR YOU IF YOU CAN NOT BE ABLE TO COME DOWN TO LONDON.

FINALLY, WE WILL ADVICE YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU INDICATE TO US IN YOUR NEXT MAIL IF YOU ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE THE SIGNATORY IN OUR OFFICE HERE IN LONDON OR WE SHOULD ASSIGN AN ATTORNEY ON YOUR BEHALF TO MAKE THE SIGNATURE THEN YOU WILL PAY HIM FOR THE SIGNATORY MADE ON YOUR BEHALF, WE ALSO WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE SIGNING FEE IS 420 POUNDS.

NOTE: YOUR FUND IS HEREBY PLACED ON HOLD UNTIL THE SIGNATORY IS MADE THEN WE CAN RELEASE IT INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE VIEW THE PAYMENT SLIP ATTACHED BELOW THIS EMAIL.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATRONAGE AS WE WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE.

CHEERS AHEAD.

Now, this lad's IP traces squarely to Lagos, Nigeria. But he's setting himself up as the bank manager in London, and all I need to do to get my money is go to London, sign, and pick it up.

I've told the lad I'm more than happy to go to London to pick it up. I'm thinking he wanted me to just have the attorney do it, but what's he planning on doing if I fly to London? Any guesses?

Closed lad accounts x4

Mugu Dave: "I don't no where to run to, i have no boddy my parent are daddy please help don't let die"
Goodluck George:"many people call internet scammers has hacked and penitrate into your mail box"

Phil Taffee:"Note: Please note that Mr. Goodluck is not an asshole okay."

"GOD WILL PUNSH YOU ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe there's a lad in London too.

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, but let's play this out. I go to London, there's a lad there that wants to rob me; London police are going to be much easier to go through than Nigerian. Doesn't seem like that would play out too well for them.

In fact, if he does set up a meet, I wonder if I could get the London lad arrested for being a scammer?

Closed lad accounts x4

Mugu Dave: "I don't no where to run to, i have no boddy my parent are daddy please help don't let die"
Goodluck George:"many people call internet scammers has hacked and penitrate into your mail box"

gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You probably would. Or maybe he'll then say the London lad's in Lagos

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My guess is like yours, that he doesn't expect you to actually be able to travel to London. If you insist that you can travel there, I would bet he would continue with the bait, pretending that he has someone there to meet you. Right before you are supposed to meet with this "bank manager", something would come up where he needed you to send money first.

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he gets it into his head that I'm travelling, I may be able to wrangle a safari out of this.

Closed lad accounts x4

gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A safari from Lagos to London would be funny. But that'll probably never happen.

I couldn't even get a safari from a small city near the border of Togo-Ghana to Lome. And that would've been a safari for border crossing, but it would have been only 10-15 miles.

TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, he won't go to London.

But let's say that I can get airplane tickets to Abuja a lot cheaper, and so I need him to meet me at the airport there instead of Lagos. Something along those lines.

Of course, he's going to have to get me to fly to Nigeria first, and that'll take some time.

Closed lad accounts x4

gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Always have Kano in mind. That's a 400+ mile safari

TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Bait It Up - the lad probably doesn't actually want you to travel to London to make the deal..... even if you say you are coming, they are quite likely to give you an urgent fee to pay, which must be sorted out before you arrive, in order for you to collect the funds. The reference to assigning an attorney (if you are not able to travel to london) supports this idea - in which case the idea of traveling is just a red herring.

however you might suggest that you can indeed come to finish the deal in person, and see where it goes. Safari to london is unlikely, though - many lads have access to contacts in london who can do this kind of transaction for them rather than travelling themselves. Arrest is totally unlikely - unfortunately: no evidence that any crime has been committed in the relevant jurisdiction.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Arrest is totally unlikely - unfortunately: no evidence that any crime has been committed in the relevant jurisdiction.

Not familiar with British law, but if it's close to the law here in America then assisting a lad would be a crime. All I'd have to show was that the lad was defrauding me (which I can do with his e-mails) and that this guy was in place to help him.

Same setup they use to catch sex offenders who use the net, really. Just a matter of whether I can get the cops over there to go along with it. But that's down the road.

You're probably right - there's going to be some emergency fee creeping up. We'll deal with that when we figure out what it is. Obviously there's no reason to incur WU fees when I'm coming over there anyways, I'll just pay him when I get there.

Closed lad accounts x4

wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in London.
Police will only investigate a crime if it has happened. What he will probably do is get a mule to meet you. Mules are people who have often been scammed before and get involved to aid recoup some of their losses, or just I.T.P's who are completely unaware that this is a crime. All they know is, pick up £450 from this person here.
As the U.K is a slightly smaller country than the U.S.A (no shit sherlock) , it's more than likely the scammer is targeting U.S citizens who ae unlikely to travel to London. Also there is a large West African community in the U.K and the lad probably has a lot of connections here.
Set up a meet in front of a webcam so we can have a good look at who turns up, ask them to wear something, like a red hat.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another possibility is that the accomplice releives you of the £450 signing fee, then produces your fund, a trunkbox full of black paper, so he can further sting you in a 'wash wash' scam, where you have to buy expensive chemicals to convert the money to pristine banknotes. They demonstrate with a rigged note, then leave you to find that the rest are duds.

Dont even think about a sting with the police - if the lad switches location at the last minute, say, you're in great danger of being scammed or f*cked up bigtime.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you have actually lost money then the best that UK Police can do is look at a "conspiracy to defraud" charge. I don't see the Met Police going for that when the main perp is going to be in West Africa. Nicking the UK lad would probably result in a "cut-throat" defence where he would dump the lot on the empty seat in the dock.

As other posters have said, either a fee has to be paid prior to you travelling to the UK or one of the lads mates ( hello Thamesmead!) will meet you and take the cash then.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Noted - that's why I began with a disclaimer that I didn't know the UK that well.

I work in criminal law here in the US, and I could see someone getting prosecuted for being the mule over here. And it would be a conspiracy or an aid/abet theory charge, but that's still a decent hit.

Closed lad accounts x4

Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New e-mail, this one from the IMF. (I prefer dealing with the IMF guy as the bank is a little dodgy)

Quote:
I acknowledge the receipt of your mail and the content was well understood, yes I told the bank that I don't know if it will convenient for you to be in London because there will be much expense in your side for the flight ticket and the rest so I believe to try if I can be able to make the signatory if the bank requires that from you to avoid much expenses.

Meanwhile, if you want to come over to London despite the expenses behind, I will be very happy to welcome you at the airport, so you have to let me know when you are coming so that I will prepare a place for your accommodation, although I know that the bank will also have a very nice place for you to stay until you go out from London.

Finally, I will advice you to think about it and know if traveling down here will be very better or telling the bank that I will be representing you in there office as I will make the possible signatory on your behalf as your representative if the bank will allow that.

Thank you for your understanding and effort regards this transaction I think God is very close to us as I believe that your fund will soon be in your as soon as we comply with the bank terms.

It looks like he doesn't like the idea of me coming to London, but he's not going to come out and tell me "no." He probably does have someone there. I think the "I will make accomodations" is either an attempt to strand me or get me to send him the money for me.

Here was my reply:

Quote:
Thanks Phil, good to have that sorted out.

I've already asked the bank what a convenient time would be for them; a quick hop onto Priceline can secure the accomodations, so no need to bother you with that.

If you want to have someone meet me at the airport, that would be great. If you could send me a picture of your man holding a sign reading "(baiter name)" as I anticipate he will be at the airport, I would be grateful.

Once I hear from the bank, I'll let you know when I'm going to be in town. Thanks again for that.

(baiter name)

Let's see what his next move will be to try to get some money before I get airborne to good ol' England.

Closed lad accounts x4

YouNeverGiveMeYourMoney
Master Baiter

Location: Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the dirt?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lad sent an ambassador to Heathrow airport to meet me. He said he'd send him to "my local airport", which I specified as being Heathrow.

Now, obviously, there is no ambassador, so the lad just slapped me for not going. I slapped back, and got dropped.

tick tock clock the clock is ticking for you...- JSparks

I can see you are really five years of age_ because i dont know you. you just prove it to me that you are a crook and deserve my bullet. I will kill you slowly_prepare to go to hell- Don Kpeffy

I am really looking for a Lady who's completely honest and sincere about his words- Shane Word

I come from community where we have no internets- Ngobeni Mark

According to the doctor, my medical report shows a have very short life sperm - David Chioma

END OF GAME BLOOMER MY ASS stop written me, go to hell- Ebrei Dizahad
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to do if he just lets me go to London and get lost.

He sent me some bank documents earlier.

I think that, instead of slapping him, I'm going to be profoundly excited at how the whole thing went off without a hitch, and how the bank gave me my eleven million dollars when I presented those documents and signed for them. I'll bubble with thanks.

That should confuse him, if nothing else.

Closed lad accounts x4

firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Clearly the lad would prefer you don't visit London, I suppose because then he doesn't have to split the money with some UK accomplice(s). Usually a meeting in person of this type includes not only the lad, but two or three others who are keeping an eye on things.

But indeed he does seem to allow the possibility of a London visit. Booking your accommodation is a very laddish thing to do, as it allows him much more control of the situation - this way he knows where you will be, no chance of getting lost.

Arriving in London yourself, going to the bank and "collecting the big payout" yourself - it sounds amusing but it would definitely kill the bait. After all the lad knows very well there is no $11 million (and not really any real bank involved in the deal). So this would be definitive proof to him that you are a time waster. Best to take a different angle of some kind.....

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

ATTN:LAWRENCE DOBSON,

THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS OFFICE WISHES TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR EMAIL AND WE HAVE MADE NOTICE OF YOUR COMING DOWN TO LONDON FOR SIGNING OF THE DOCUMENT.

THIS MORNING THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THIS BANK AFTER OUR MEETING ON YOUR BEHALF DISCUSSING THE PREPARATION OF YOUR COMING AS WE WILL HAVE TO SECURE AN ACCOMMODATION WHERE YOU CAN STAY, YOUR WELFARE AND MOBILITY WHEN GOING REQUIRED OFFICES WHERE YOU CAN MAKE THE SIGNATORY, WE HAVE CONCLUDED AS THE LAW GUIDING OUR BANK THAT EVERY CUSTOMER COMING FOR SIGNATORY SHOULD HAVE 40% OF THE EXPENSES PAID BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL IN LONDON SO THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET HIM/HER A SECURED HOTEL TO STAY AND FINISH THE TRANSACTION WHILE WE WILL PAY THE BALANCE OF 60% ON YOUR BEHALF AS YOU WILL BE IN THIS COUNTRY FOR FOUR DAYS TO CONCLUDE THE TRANSACTION.

SO ALL EXPENSES REQUIRED FOR THE PREPARATION OF YOUR COMING WILL COST US 2,750 POUNDS, SO YOU ARE ADVICE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT OF 1,050POUNDS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH THE BELOW INFORMATION:

RECEIVERS NAME: @NTHONY C@LOS (MY SECRETAT)
AMOUNT: 1,050 POUNDS

IN RECEIPT OF THIS PAYMENT WE WILL NOW SECURE A CONDUCIVE PLACE FOR YOU TO STAY AS THE RULE AND REGULATION OF OUR BANK STATE THAT EVERY CUSTOMER COMING FOR SIGNATORY SHOULD ALWAYS BE UNDER OUR CUSTODY FOR SECURITY REASON, SO YOUR READINESS WILL MAKE US GET BACK TO YOU WITH WITH THE HOTEL NAME AND ACCOMMODATION NUMBER SO THAT AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE IN THE COUNTRY WE WILL WELCOME YOU AND TAKE YOU DIRECT TO THE HOTEL AS OUR HOTEL AGENT WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU AT THE AIRPORT.

FINALLY, YOU ARE ADVICE TO SEND US YOUR PHOTO AS SOON AS YOU ARE READY TO COME.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATRONAGE AS WE WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE.

CHEERS AHEAD.

There it is. Bank rules and regulations apparently require that I be in the bank's custody when I come to make the signature.

I'll let him sit for a bit before responding, and I'm open to suggestions here.

EDIT: I should add that really what I'm trying to work on here is my pre-WU stalling techniques. Eventually we're going to get down to the wacky mayhem that WU baiting represents, but I've really been trying to push myself on how long I can go before the lad gets me to send something via WU. I realize I could step into the pocket, agree to pay the money, and go that route, but I'm looking to keep stalling before we get to that simply as a matter of honing the old skills.

Closed lad accounts x4

Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got an idea, wanted to bounce it off the general populace first. I'm thinking that I register an e-mail address for @nthony C@los, and then I use it to both chop my dolla and move the flight from London to Nigeria (but not Lagos).

I'd send myself something that looked like this:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Dobson:

Mr. George has instructed me to make all accomodations for seeing your signatory trip.

He send you a wrong total. You need to pay 2500 USD to get all accomodation and security. George has asked we place full security on your trip because the amount of your account so high.

Other elements of people are thinking that signatory happen in London; they planning on robbing you. We do signatory at branch office instead, increase security. Branch office in Abuja, Nigeria;

Make payment by Western Union and give me following info:

Name: Anthony Calos

Address: 12 Port Said St. Abuja, NG

Question:

Answer:

MTCN:

We looking forward to completing transaction. We get you date and time place of transaction in God's Name after we receive money for accomodations.

Sincerely,

@nthony C@los
First Lead Bank
Nigeria Branch Office

And then reply to Mr. C@los with a WU receipt, perfectly intact, addressed to him and CC'd to Mssrs George and Taffee, the two scammer chars I've been dealing with, while agreeing that the move to Nigeria made sense for security reasons.

Is that too obvious?

Closed lad accounts x4

gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make it Moneygram.

TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course - stops him from tracking that Mr. Gomer didn't, in fact, chop his dolla.

Closed lad accounts x4

gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He could go to any Moneygram and see it's not real

TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you think he'll take the time to do that when Mr. Gomer sends him an e-mail from the fake C@los account mocking him because Mr. Gomer got all the money and is going to get the mugu?

Closed lad accounts x4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic