SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

demographics - discussion

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just some topics, which crop up in my mind from time to time when I'm not busy at work

has any work/discussion been undertaken to assess the locality, age, sex and first language of our community?

Could such a study lead to better marketing focus in areas where baiters are acting alone without the support of a baiting community?

Is language expansion a long term goal for 419eater?

Are there any techniques (excluding spamming!) or skills which we employ as baiters, which could be turned toward marketing scambaiting in other countries or in areas which are known to be demographically net savvy, yet do not have many baiters? - I'm thinking of China as a prime example.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe there was a poll asking how old we all are. Most people here are so ingrained in lying on the internet that I doubt the results would be very accurate.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
I told the truth! (have since turned 49)

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Krichauff
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Only being new here, I have wondered this myself. Reading between the lines there seems to be a lot of Aussies here.

'ASSHOLE Benjamin Dover ,go and suck your mother pussy' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.

You would have to work this out yourself because we still have not received a dime yet from you.

'hey son of a bitch,your mother is a goat fucker,you have blood of animail in you because its animal that preganated your mother to born you,' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deleted my corny post. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari

Last edited by Corona on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking more of perhaps confirming or deconfirming the rough information supplied at somewhere like http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/419eater.com,

And then working out how useful that information could be (if accurate) in bringing more baiters - hence more awareness of 419 scams.

Particularly interesting is the linking-in info and the click stream info. If that could be addressed to factor in a few non-english language sites, via loose affiliation - banner space - viral marketing - cross site posting - etc (provided that both parties were in agreement) the 419eater network could be greatly strengthened.

DONATE
---

pony pony pony
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

battery, Those are really good ideas you have there. Anything that
can be done to strengthen the position and presence of our scam - baiting site. What you said re: 'Net savvy yet lack of baiters in China for example.

Let's see, we have the "scamwarners.com" sister site. Germany has "Scambaiter-Deutschland" and France has "Mes Amis Les Cyber-Arnaquers". We are allied with Artists Against 419, yes?, and the mysterious Alan. Other sites have links, I counted and one site had nearly 55 links to other scambaiting sites.

If you think a demographic study by gender, age groups, and geography of the membership would be helpful ? That seems a large project not unlike the US Census that was just done. All else is guesswork, conjecture, gut feeling and appearance. (My 2 cents)

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Asena
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I told the truth too on that age poll!

Re what Mr Scissorkick said about the results maybe not being that accurate - I would have thought that if such questions as battery mentioned were asked of members for the purpose stated, then most if not all members of the forum would answer truthfully (especially if it was done in a confidential anonymous way for those who maybe don't feel comfortable revealing personal info) because we are all here to fight the good fight against scammers.

Just a thought, maybe the questions could be asked as part of the registration process?

Goat Golden Goat Closed lad accounts x 40 Easter Egg 2011 x 249
Cellphone x 2
Cellphone webstore x 1

Click here to JITSAMA - acronym invented by Tsnerd
Flying Monkey
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Asena- as part of registration. That would be okay for the future, I was thinking how do we take a poll from all exisiting members, retroactively. And I'm OK with stating my age, gender, and country.

This would probably not be a thread. Have a Moderator tally the results??
PS off-topic, Asena, you were in on the massbait of hitlad Gunshot as I recall? Good times. ahhhh, fond memories. Cheers then. Very Happy

You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it's neccessary to take a pol among users. Alexa has pretty good data trailing for one year or more already. It has this to say:

Quote:
419eater.com is ranked #68,905 in the world according to the three-month Alexa traffic rankings. Search engines refer about 24% of visits to the site. Compared with all internet users, the site appeals more to men; its visitors also tend to consist of childless, both high- and low-income users under the age of 35 who browse from school and home. Roughly 42% of visits to the site are bounces (one pageview only). Visitors to 419eater.com view an average of 6.0 unique pages per day.

I would debate the ratio between school and work - I think lots of people here log on at work from time to time, although this may be an error in the predominant age vs log in times.

DONATE
---

pony pony pony
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say, simply by looking at the bottom of the Index page over a period of time, that the majority of our regular users are employed and tend to browse from work.
Week-ends and out-of-office hours tend to be quietest (factoring in time differences).
Because they have the ability to browse at work, it would suggest that most here are white collar/professional workers.

Here is the poll referred to in the earlier posts:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184122

As stated though, it's probably innacurate. I put my age down as 16-19 when I'm really only 12.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
DungDigger
frivolous bustard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting. Saying which country I'm in would be no problem, or sex, but how far do we want to drill down - all the states in the USA. Australia's a big place.

I think if information could be used to help widen the net of scambaiting I'd be all for it, so we can look at plugging the gaps, so to speak.

Just as the lads have contacts all over the place so they can pass travel on through a chain, or pass scams round a group, it would be interesting to see if networks could be set up to pool information that could be passed on only through password protected contact trees, and again, anonymously.

The biggest problem I can foresee is making sure we know who we're passing information to - lads dressed up as scambaiters would be hard to identify unless one only includes those with for a record of proven scambaiting activity and not include anyone who has been around for under a certain length of time.

Just me thoughts. Razz Be gentle on an old gal of 108.
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I went back and answered that "how old are you" thread in General Chat. I'll say here too. 57, male, California, USA, retired, ties to the East Coast (D.C. and Maryland) where I was born and raised.

Sadly, unlike Cathartic Kate, I am the only scambaiter in my family.
Kinda feels like being an only child. Sad yeah, right. Somebody's got to do it. Wink

jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a couple of friends I've gotten into baiting, but overall the reaction has been that I have some bizarre hobby for weird people.

I'm a college student, by the way - UW '13.

You are not serious,how can you send this can of message to my bank? do you want me to go to gel? - Mr. dennis abuda

Can you...pray for Mai Arsehole. - Pastor George
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmmm............not to give away much info:

Father, mid-40's, unemployed for the moment, East Coast US, likes beer.

The rest is my business. Smile

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

slightlyoutofit wrote:
As stated though, it's probably innacurate. I put my age down as 16-19 when I'm really only 12.

So how many years is that in squirrel years? Lots, right? Razz Laughing

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I should have written I'm 8. (In dog-years)

jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wouldn't that make you just over 1 in human years, though?

You are not serious,how can you send this can of message to my bank? do you want me to go to gel? - Mr. dennis abuda

Can you...pray for Mai Arsehole. - Pastor George
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Poor Brainiac. PMing ya fosteration applies, or maybe consider "κλῶνος" - ya never alone with a clone.

Wink Laughing

Only kidding about (cough) alleged Granddaddy, but my eldest dog (Sibirskiy haski) does share the same name and has just turned 18 in human years.

I have noted many a Russkiĭ poppin in, but sadly most seem to then popov again.

Rolling Eyes

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only demographical classification that matters here is whether you are in the cheese camp or the cat camp.

Except for me. I like cheesy flavoured cats so have my own special classification. Smile

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
DeepSeaBaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't mind giving away some info...
Just turned 30, work, male, located in the South Eastern US. I like candle lit dinners at home and have an extensive Precious Moments collection.

frivolous bustard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheese or cats? But .. but .. can't I have both? Or is that too much personal information.

I love cats. All cats. I love cheese. All cheese.

There. I said it.

I'm not really 108. And that's enough personal information for the time being.
rocknrollnobody
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

27/M/UK, spent many years in Germany.

As for cheese or cats, I'll have a cheese-covered cat thanks.

[Free portrait of you with sexy goats!]

"WESTERN UNIN SAY IT FAKE AND YOU LIE. THEY LAUGH AND I FEEL FOOL. I WAIT FOR 5 HOUR TO GET WESTERN OFFICE AND YOU TRICK ME. I AM HIGH RESPECTED BANK OFFICIAL AND YOU TRICK ME WITH LIES AND FAKERY" - C0llin Sh1elds (a high respected bank official, apparently)
"I hope this is not another game as i do not have time for such games as i mean business here. I would not want to commence on a never ending journey or an uncompleted project with an unserious man." - Barrister Joseph Goldsmith doesn't want a never-ending project. Shame...
theblob
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a tragedy. I'm Swiss and I don't even really like cheese. Except Emmental. (There are different kinds of Swiss cheese btw)

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I'm right there with you, plenty of Swiss blood, not much interest in cheese, although the chocolate and lederhosen are always fun.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic