SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Family ITP ethics (split from Tattooed Lad goes from Lagos t

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Running off like what?

Telling you that you're bang out of order? And who gives a shit about being a moderator? Rover can un-mod me right this second and I'd still tell you, you're being an asshole. Hell, for the purposes of this conversation, I'll PM him and tell him to un-mod me if you like.

See, the thing is, it doesn't matter if I'm a mod or not. What matters here is that there is a difference between us and the lads. When you deliberately fuck an ITP, that difference is going out of the window.

It doesn't matter how many times I use the word "fuck". It doesn't matter if I'm a mod or not. All that matters is that we stay on our side and the lads stay on theirs.

It's as simple as that.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
All that matters is that we stay on our side and the lads stay on theirs.

It's as simple as that.

Okay... No worries

SafariVcameraTattooTattoo Lagos > Accra - Smith "i have to sell my shoe"
SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:
Safari X14 more & TattooGoatSand Timer

Team Mr Bigg's
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, but what if - theoretically - a lad goes on his safari and brings his wife, kid, brother, uncle? (Not likely, but imagine the situation). Who would drop the lad, who would carry on with the bait ?

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. I regret getting to this stage with you -- J0hn "M4t" G00dman

Thank you for your brilliant message. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, am sorry. -- 1GE. B. Sanus1

The Slow Banker (Stallus Popiejopieicum): Insanely slow-working bankers who take ages to e-mail you after the main lad has referred you, and even longer to process their own duff forms.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ This isn't an ethics thread.

Let it get back on topic please. Wink

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Popiejopie wrote:
Ah, but what if - theoretically - a lad goes on his safari and brings his wife, kid, brother, uncle? (Not likely, but imagine the situation). Who would drop the lad, who would carry on with the bait ?

Oh shit... Not here please Shocked

SafariVcameraTattooTattoo Lagos > Accra - Smith "i have to sell my shoe"
SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:
Safari X14 more & TattooGoatSand Timer

Team Mr Bigg's
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

.. my humble apologies Smile I was reading this and thinking of a question while you guys were arguing (?) along and I posted before I noticed the discussion would be closed Wink

In any case, carry on Smile don't mind the newbie Wink

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. I regret getting to this stage with you -- J0hn "M4t" G00dman

Thank you for your brilliant message. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, am sorry. -- 1GE. B. Sanus1

The Slow Banker (Stallus Popiejopieicum): Insanely slow-working bankers who take ages to e-mail you after the main lad has referred you, and even longer to process their own duff forms.
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Popiejopie: No harm done. I elaborated beautifully on that idea in the opening of my earlier post. Give that a read.

Oh, and enjoy these noob moments while you can. I get angry PMs from Slightly for poor sentence structure and word usage.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
Rev Who
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gents, and ladies, I don't want to rock the boat but i feel i wanted to say something,
Some comments here are correct and some aren't, i myself agree that ITP should not be involved, but we didn't really intend to safari his whole family that was just to get him moving............

I am no proffessional except in my line of busness, and am basically a Noob, but i know what lads do, because here in Nigeria the scam other Nigerians as well as others, i'm a noob on eater but not in life...........

I have been in Nigeria a long time and some of the comments made are obviously from people that know where Nigeria is on the map and thats it.........

If anyone feels things we did wrong, why can't this be done on pm or by other means rather than flexing the muscles and putting it on the thread...........if it was that bad, why am i still posting on the thread and it hasn't been removed yet?

I do enjoy eater............but if my comments offend and i am to be removed then fine......

Safari Abuja > Lagos Airport > Accra and Abuja > Lagos...again .......I have been abandoned here since I came to accra. to be left here without shelter and accomodation. Im on the street of Accra roming like im a destitute. Brother Wadin0..........
Safari SafariSafariSafariSafari Accra > Lagos > Akure > Lagos > Akure > Jail > Lagos > Hospital......pls sir your visitors are stranded out here. we have waited for so long. now i will take them to police station. i am driver who brought them................Lad-onardo
Safari Abuja > Lagos.....again....W@dino
Tattoo I got my lad to tattoo my mentors dogs name on him......
Safari+Vcamera+ Tattoo Tattoo Mr Smith Lagos>Accra
Safari Lagos > Accra - Stanley
Safari James, Burkina Faso > Lagos

Team Mr Bigg's
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

If anyone feels things we did wrong, why can't this be done on pm or by other means rather than flexing the muscles and putting it on the thread...........if it was that bad, why am i still posting on the thread and it hasn't been removed yet?

Because it sparks a discussion among members. Having such a discussion about certain topics now and then helps us draw the line between right and wrong. It's not bad to re-evaluate such decisions once in a while.

As for the safari... This whole discussion about whether it's right or wrong to safari a lad's family (wrong, as far as I'm concerned), doesn't detract from the greatness of the safari itself. Great job!

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hoped that this issue would be put to bed, but as you've posted some questions and some statements that I disagree with, I've no choice but to answer them.

Rev Who wrote:
but we didn't really intend to safari his whole family that was just to get him moving............

Not from the quote I posted. Having a "red hot go" to make the lad's family travel looks like intent to any onlooker.

Quote:
I have been in Nigeria a long time and some of the comments made are obviously from people that know where Nigeria is on the map and thats it.........

Although I've only visited Africa and not lived there, I've dealt with lads long enough to know how they operate. The argument that, because someone doesn't live in a certain area, they have no idea about it, is a poor one. One could counter argue that if a person lives in an expensive part of his country and has no contact with the citizens of the poorer parts, they are unable to comment on their own country. Both comments are incorrect. "Live" experience helps but it most certainly isn't the be-all and end-all.
I don't live in the US and have only visited, but I know enough to make valid judgements. Equally, with Nigeria, I've been involved in anti-AFF for long enough and from different aspects to make valid judgement calls.
But either way, this topic does not concern wether anyone knows anything about Nigeria or not. It concerns doing what's right.

Quote:
If anyone feels things we did wrong, why can't this be done on pm or by other means rather than flexing the muscles and putting it on the thread...........

For the same reason that I'm addressing you now, here on the forum. When a statement is made in public it should be addressed in public. Especially when that statement is one which crosses over boundaries.
When experienced baiters post something that is just plain wrong, it is our duty to point that out. If it's left hanging in the air, then the misconception that it's Eater policy or something to be condoned by our members, it's a very dangerous game to play. We have enough people who want to shoot us down in flames and they would delight in an un-challenged comment that we take pleasure in going after women and children. There are also plenty of new-comers who will take an unaddressed comment and think "Well if that's OK, I'll run with it too".
We have a responsibility to our new members and our established members to point out that there are lines which should not be crossed. If those lines are illustrated and the member transgressing them still disagrees publicly, then taking it to PM is counter productive. There is no closure. Only the invalid viewpoint is left as the full stop.

Quote:
if it was that bad, why am i still posting on the thread and it hasn't been removed yet?

Because, apart from advertising the fact that we don't condone baiting ITPs, removing it would almost certainly leave the impression of jack-booting.

Quote:
I do enjoy eater............but if my comments offend and i am to be removed then fine......

Nobody is talking about offending anyone else. All that needs to be recognised is that there are ethical boundaries that we have to keep in sight. Accept those boundaries and everything is fine. Everyone is happy. Cross them and then argue in public that you're correct and you can't expect anything other than to be put straight.

Now. Up to you if you want to turn this into an ethics debate. Like I said: I was rather hoping it would come back on topic.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being who I am, if one can prove, beyond any doubt (they lie y'know), the family is involved, then they are possibly as guilty. Without mens rea you really can't lay blame.

Children should be exempt on the basis they rarely know right form wrong. I would default the definition of child to the legally acceptable age in the particular country as we can guess some of the "smallbois" are very young no doubt or are runners for the lads. Kids, unfortunately, are badguys favorite means of moving things around in most criminal circles. Again, I would have to be completely and with great certainty sure they were involved.

We walk a fine line here.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

iridium
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think families are ITP and should be presumed innocent unltil proven guilty.
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to put 2 cents into the vending machine:

I personally think that a lad's family is an ITP (Innocent Third Party) because I have experience something like this with a real famiy member (My Aunt) and I must say that it enrages me everytime I think about her. She was a smart woman but for some reason she felt that she could make money but stealing her mother (my grandma's) credit/debit card and spend well beyond her means and buy useless shit and not even once think about her poor kids (which are very young). She not only took money from her but she made credit/debit card account for her kids (who are toddlers basically). She's been to jail once but apparently she hasn't learned her lesson and did it again. It has gotten so bad that she literally cut-off the phone line in my grandma's house because of all the debt-collectors who kept calling. Yet at the same time my grandma had no idea what was really going on. She thought she was going to be a doctor (and went to college for it but never paid of the tuition). Now do you really think that it is really fair that we have to suffer because of something incredibly idiotic of my aunt to do? (By the way, she was deported back to Denmark and is serving time there). Honestly? You punish the few who did not the people who were negligent (spelling?) of what a family member was doing.

I know it sucks and I know that you like safari'ng but this is something you have to take into consideration. Make the Lad and ONLY the lad safari as punishment for scamming innocent people out of their life savings. These people are like the mafia/drug addict in a sense that they will keep lying until they get what they want and won't stop until they get it. I would even go as far as saying that lads are in way mentally ill because they have been "brainwashed" into lying to others in other to get what they want.

[/rant]

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."

Last edited by Kokomeister on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought (and still think) that the original safari was brilliant. Image

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
paythecourier
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Black Dog, I can only assume, to take a leaf out of your thought process, that you have no children. I of course do not know you and of course I could be wrong. We have all read some amazing safaris on Eater over time and we all know what misery, hardship, discomfort and more can fall upon a lad, this we all agree is ok, however can you honestly say, hand on heart that you would happily put innocent children through any of this torment for the sake of a bait? Have you paused to consider the short, medium and even long term effects any of this could have on a young innocent mind?

The lads are the scammers, not there mums, dads, uncles or kids. They may also be but we dont know that for certain so we follow the rules and bait the scammer and the scammer only.

You are the bastard of a thousand bastards. Sir Michael Creamer

Closed lad accounts x 13
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
I don't live in the US

Well, duh.

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hopefully my comments will be on topic, if not, I apologize and will scurry back to the fake sites forum and keep my nose out of things. Razz

Here's what stood out for me:

Quote:
I personally think INHO that the children of the lads are just the next generation of scammer... Just as the lad currently being baited was when he was a Ladling more than likely

But you see, that's why warners tirelessly warn and site killers spend many hours researching and filing reports -- so that hopefully not just a victim or potential victim won't have to suffer, but by extension the victim's family won't suffer either. I do not see a victim's children as the next generation of victims. Rather I see them as innocents, and the only potential threat I see is them becoming collateral damage of a victim's suffering. IMHO, the same thing applies to the family of a scammer -- they have the potential to be collateral damage of the scammer's illegal activities, and we should do everything possible to prevent that, rather than set up a scenario where they might be caught up in said illegal activities.

That's just my opinion, and I'm not taking away from great safari-ing (is that a word? LOL) skills that anyone might have. I'm just saying that when it comes to families (and other ITPs as well), we as baiters and warners and killers alike must draw that line and hold firm to it. In my case, just because a victim believed a scam -- even the most intelligent person may fall for a scam if they feel desperate enough -- that doesn't mean one should say, "well, that was stupid" and leave them to their own devices. Same goes for scammers -- just because they are ruthless criminals doesn't mean that their families and other ITP's should be lumped in with them.

Just my way of saying what a few others here have said. I mean no offense.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I will chime in with my two cents. If a lad chooses to take his family along on a safari, I think that it's the lad decision, and not the baiter's fault. It's not like the baiter was specifically demanding that the lad include his family members or the baiter would never pay the money. Also, I find it extremely hard to believe that the wife doesn't know exactly what her husband is up to. Kids, I agree, are 100% innocent in this. (I also agree with Black Dog that, unfortunately, many of them will probably grow up to follow in Daddy's footsteps. However that is another topic in itself.) The wives of these scammers have to know what is going on, though. Think of it this way...picture a person who makes a living off of dealing drugs in your country. Do you honestly think their wife isn't aware of their activities?

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait It Up wrote:
Think of it this way...picture a person who makes a living off of dealing drugs in your country. Do you honestly think their wife isn't aware of their activities?

There are plenty of instances where family members of drug dealers are unaware of what their relatives get up to. By it's very nature, the drug game requires secrecy and that sometimes means cutting family members out too. There are plenty of news reports regarding the subject. Heck, serial killers have got away with their wives not knowing what they were up to.
But that doesn't matter one bit.

What matters is that there are instances where relatives do not know. As I've already stated: I've come across some of those instances. The one that I've pointed out is where a lad told his wife that he was working in construction in Europe but was actually in the next country along, scamming away. His wife had no clue. She thought that the occasional promise of money (and that's all it was - a promise as the lad was spunking his cash up the wall as soon as he got it, rather than sending it home) was legitimately earned money.

Now, you can say "They know" but this woman definitely did not. When I spoke to her, she went into denial - "My Chidozie is an honest man". She actually thought that I was just some person trying to break up her marriage by lying about her husband.

So there are instances where the wife doesn't know. As if there are instances, how are you going to know which ones are innocent and which ones are guilty? All have to be considered as ITPs unless you can prove otherwise. And just how are you going to prove otherwise? Answer - you almost certainly can't.

poopypants
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. I'm new.

How do you know the lad has a family? Were there photos to prove it?
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting thread in which to make your first post, poopypants. Be sure to sign up for a mentor and check out Eater U, there are a lot of good threads in there to help you get started baiting.

Welcome to Eater. Smile

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait It Up wrote:
many of them will probably grow up to follow in Daddy's footsteps

Then we'll bait them when we get a format from them. Not before.

By baiting we will invariably involve some third parties. Not all of that involvement is financial, or even affects them very much at all - a lad walking into a WU office to try to cash a fake MTCN* will, at worst, throw some cursewords at the cashier and leave. While that's certainly involving an ITP, I wouldn't think twice about getting a lad to walk into a WU office and try to cash a fake MTCN. The cashier's lifestyle is not significantly impacted by the fact that some moron didn't check the MTCN online before walking into the WU office.

I feel that the two places where we have to make a distinction are whether we are deliberately involving ITPs more than we have to, and whether that involvement will result in a significant change in lifestyle for the ITP. Bringing the lad's family along for a safari is, in my opinion, on the wrong side of both of those lines.

There are, I'll admit, a few rules here that I don't particularly agree with. This isn't one of them. It's there for a good reason and is perhaps the most important rule we have here.

* Yeah, I know, you can check them online. It's an example, go along with it.

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Then I still have the same question (now that the discussion has split Smile ). What if a lad decides to bring his wife or kid(s) with him from, say, Lagos to Accra, just to name a random place? Do you drop the bait because of that, or tell him the truth or whatnot??

wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tend to wander in when most of the party has already got drunk and gone home Smile
This is a real moral dilemma. I think the lads families are going to be affected one way or another by us baiting them. Let us say for instance we got enough info on the guy to contact the local police, they arrested him and he was put behind bars. To us, the perfect scenario. But to the scammers family and unknown ITP they might loose their livelihood. Someone mentioned before that sending a lad on Safari was affecting his family anyways by him being away.
We all know how desperate it is for some people in these countries and poverty is the main cause of corruption. We tend to forget our privileged lives when we start to bait some guy who hardly got an education, and has little hope of a proper job other than digging in the dirt. Yet we wave democracy and monetarism in his face.
Anyways I think that the chap decided 'he' was going to take his whole family on this trip, the baiter didn't ask him to. He is solely responsible for the welfare and safety of his family as am I with my own family. However I would attempt to dissuade the guy from taking his family with him though.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@wowwow : I definately agree on advising the lad against bringing his family, there are numerous excuses you, the baiter, can use to try and persuade your lad not to. ("Hotel cost only covered for 1 person", etc.).

Still, if the lad insists, I'd say there's no boundary for stupidity and he has to care for his family regardless of his situation. If you were a real, genuine victim which required him to safari somewhere, it'd be the same problem. Only now you're not a real victim, but a baiter.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic