SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

If I piss off these scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GothThUG713
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new to this site, can these scammers download spam or malware to, my IP adress like say after I reported & blocked them? I know this might be a question others have asked before. I'm not new to dating scams, I've dealt with at least 8 scammers on, 2 sites, posing as females. I reported them & then, would block them on IM or the site where, I met them & those phonies never got a cent from me, they were barking up the wrong tree to begin with.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi GothThug,

A scammer who has your email address may pass it on to his scamming colleagues - so they can send you scams too. So you might suddenly get more of those! Only to that particular email address, though, not to any others that you have.

They are very unlikely to send you malware or anything though. Scammers want to rob you of your money, and they are not normally distracted from their robbing intentions. It is like a burglar who is going to rob a home - he is very unlikely to get distracted into vandalising a fence or scratching the paintwork off a car on his way to find a house to rob. He'll stick to burglary.

Of course, it is always best to follow safe internet practices - make sure you have a good firewall and anti-virus software; and don't open unknown attachments to emails. If you have a Gmail account, you can view attachments online, including documents and PDF files, without downloading them.

The most 'retribution' you are likely to get from a scammer that you have pissed-off is insults, and possibly threats. If these came to your real name and your real email address, they could be frightening. But if you are baiting, then you will be 'baiting safely' by using an anonymous email address, set up with fake information, in the name of an invented character, who has an invented postal address. Then insults and threats are funny - because the person who the Lad is insulting and threatening does not even exist!

Sometimes a very pissed-off scammer can use your character's email address as a 'Sent From' address for his scams. That can be irritating, because all his 'bounced' (undelivered) mail comes back to you. But if this happens, and it is too much of a nuisance, you can just close that mail account and open another one - it belongs to your invented character, so you are not going to personally lose anything by changing email addresses.

When a scammer has their profile removed from a dating site, they just open another one. It can be best to leave the original one intact and online - often there is a record of it somewhere, like at our sister site ScamWarners, warning people that it is a scam, and therefore potential victims can find this and be aware that this is a scammer. But if the scammer opens a new profile - nobody yet knows that this is fraudulent, and some people may be tricked.

We try and string along scammers for as long as possible, taking up as much of their time as possible, to give them less time for real victims - and giving ourselves some fun and entertainment at the same time. You'll find lots of helpful information in the Romance Baiting FAQ here.

Make sure that you are baiting safely and anonymously - and then do join in the fun!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic