SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

FBI SCAM/ NEED ADVICE PLEASE?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
deedeewill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys I just got a spam email claiming to be from the FBI,saying that I won 2.3 million from the lottery/gambling bla bla bla.

It looks real, and I find it quite bold of them to pretend to be from OUR FBI....: Twisted Evil

Here is an excerpt from part of this email:

(The Cyber Crime Division of the FBI gathered information from the Internet Crime Complaint Center (ICCC) formerly known as the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) of how some people have lost outrageous sums of money to these imposters.

As a result of this we hereby advise you to stop communication with any one not referred to you by us.

Note: Disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM card, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Jerry Douglas of the ATM card center who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your payment and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office via the above fax number so we could act upon it immediately. Help stop cyber crime.

To redeem your fund you are hereby advised to contact the ATM Card Center via email for their requirement to proceed and procure your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your ATM Release Order on your behalf which will cost you $260 only nothing more and no hidden fees as everything else has been taken cared of by the Federal Government including taxes, custom paper and clearance duty so all you will ever need to pay is $260 only.)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha YA, Ill get right on that ATM card thing.

Whats up with this scam, has anyone heard of this one before?
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The FBI has an online lottery?

Yeah it’s a fairly common scam it’s just a different 419 script.
I think they use a low price $260.00 because once they get an amount of money no matter how small they know they can get a bunch more.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

buried under 419 emails wrote:
The FBI has an online lottery?

Of COURSE it does! How else do you expect to finance it's attempts to take over the world??? Sheesh! Rolling Eyes

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi deedeewill and welcome. Very Happy I've just responded to your post at our sister site about this same email (here: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9120)

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi deedee, some of us have seen all the variations of that *yawn*
tired old script 30 or 40 times by now. Have fun, have at 'em...

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, I've dealt with the Ladland branch of the FBI a few times before.
With a little careful persuasion, this one can easily be turned into one of those "arrest threat" scams.
The ones where they threaten to break down your door and drag you off to jail within 24 hours if you don't do what they say immediately (if not sooner!)

With all the 24-hour arrest threats I've had, surprising I'm still here. Probably got wanted posters with my avatar on them all over Ladland. Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
deedeewill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

LMAO...your funnyTechno, I hope you didnt use your "real" avatar.

So how would one answer this letter, what kind of approach would you use?

Act scared? Bow down and cower before them becuz theyre the "FBI"? Shocked

Replaced quote with ^^^ because the response is to the previous post, not one further up the page - Branwen
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

First, you want to make sure that they got the right person. Write back, tell them that you think you got this by mistake, that they have the right person.

They'll reply, and tell you that there's no mistake. You could ask them if they're sure about that, and ask for proof, or you could say that there's someone in your town with a similar name who has been in trouble with the FBI before and you want to make sure that they haven't got the wrong guy.

After that, tell them that you'll cooperate, but find something about their first letter that you didn't understand. Throw that back at them, and ask for a clarification. In your next letter after that, ask them if it's OK if you call the FBI HQ in Washington to get more information.

The idea is to delay, delay, and delay. Make up excuses. Try negotiating a lower payment. Try asking if you can send part of now, and the rest later. Do they offer an installment plan?

Just when you're about to haul yourself down to the WU office, ask them if there are FBI impostors. Tell them that you got another letter like the first one, and you want to know what's going on. Insist that Robert Mueller himself email you so that you can ask him about it.

Have fun!

And welcome to the Eater! Very Happy

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
deedeewill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG Captain Pike, Im LMAO you are sooo funny!

Ok I fired off the first letter to them playing dumb, politely telling them I think they got the wrong person....we shall see if they reply, I will follow your script, I LIKE THAT!

THANK YOU!

..............to be continued.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ You *are* baiting safe, aren't you?

Just remember never to write from your real email account or to give them real details.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
deedeewill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OH yes I am, I have a fake name and account at gmail. I would never give them my real details name or anything else.

In fact it came to my REAL email, I forwarded it to my fake email and deleted the details of my real email and answered it from there.
CMPwn3d
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

deedeewill wrote:
OH yes I am, I have a fake name and account at gmail. I would never give them my real details name or anything else.

In fact it came to my REAL email, I forwarded it to my fake email and deleted the details of my real email and answered it from there.

exactly the same way i got started a few weeks ago with my first

welcome and good luck!!
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ deedeewill: I figured as much, but I wanted to make sure.

There are some other questions to bring up, when the time comes.

Make them explain to you how WU works. You've heard of them, but don't know what they are. Ask them why it has to be done that way. Ask them why the receiver name is a different person.

If you don't use the "impostor" modality, here are a few other ideas:

What if they bank asks you questions about what you want the money for when you withdraw? What should you tell them?

Don't write for a couple of days. When you come back, you had a computer virus, or maybe you got mugged while on your way to the WU office. One excuse I've used that I was attacked by a pack of wild dogs and I was kept in the hospital for three days to make sure that I didn't have rabies (and the drugs made me erase all my email including the one with their instructions so I had to ask all over again).

Or, maybe you want to see a scan of Robert Mueller's ID card. If they balk, (which they will), insist on it.

If you read some of the published baits here and on Scamorama, you'll also get some other ideas.

deedeewill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, sounds good....I like your ideas the best.

What is the scamorama, and how do I find that on here?

Do you guys laugh at yourselves when you do this stuff?

Cuz I laugh soo hard I pee my pants.
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scamorama is that way -> http://www.scamorama.com/
If you scroll down the page, you can find a huge list of published baits.

Glad you're enjoying this. That's a good thing. Only the scammers should be feeling annoyed and frustrated by it, not us Wink
A couple of my characters have been known to send quite bizarre responses. So I get a laugh out of picturing the lad's face when he reads it, lol.
And some of the scam mails, whether it's due to amusingly mangled language or some hilarious insult or just a really ridiculous excuse for why they need the money... I quickly learned to make sure I'm not drinking anything when I read them, hehe Wink

Feel free to ask any questions. We're a friendly lot Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic