SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a scrpit?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ariel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got this message on my Myspace. Is it scripted or just someone really being sickly? PS I actually live in Birmingham UK for real so I sort of know the area really well Wink

Hi my names Mans, am 36, single and from Birmingham UK. Just saw your profile and found you quite interesting. Was hoping we could get to know one another.
Sweet words are easy to say, sweet things are easy to buy, but sweet people are difficult to find. Life ends when you stop believing, love ends when you stop sharing...

If you have a reason for loving someone then you are using your mind…but if you love someone for no reason then you are using your heart!

Email me on "your email address" or "contact number" and i hope to hear from you soon.
Bye

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd put my money on that being absolutely fake. In nearly 95% of the romance emails, messages etc. I get there is a very cliched little quote and that one fits in absolutely perfectly. You're lucky though, wait until you start getting "Will you swim naked in the ocean of love together?" and other such crap, will make you feel like throwing up all over yourself. Very Happy

Taj Mahal
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

after I choked back a little vomit, I googled "Sweet words are easy to say" and got 127000 hits for your quotation.

whether it's a scam or not, it's not very original.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Ariel (I love the username!),

You could email him in a really brief and bland and boring sort of way (so not to interest any genuine person), and then, when he emails back (which a scammer probably will, whatever you say), you could check the header of his email, and see if it shows that he is in the UK .... or elsewhere.

If you are not sure how to understand headers, you could post it here, and someone will be able to help you decipher it!

Use an anonymous/fake details email account to write to him, though: and don't give any indication that he actually wrote to the Real You, if that is what he did.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Lantana
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Ariel,

Since I devote my baiting skills to Love/Dating Scams, my educated guess is that it is a scam.

Follow what Branwen posted (especially the part keeping your private information private) and post his reply with header so we can trace it for you.

Closed lad accounts Thanks to Murry and Kate
Closed lad accounts Nigerian lad posing as a Finland shop keeper
xxxx @ yahoo.com is my id and i m looking for sex if you help me in doing sex plz give me <- said to my alter ego Tonya
this will not cost you anything ..going to western union to send me $200 <- said to me by my Nigerian lad posing as a shop keeper in Finland
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic