SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sent to my Skype account

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MrBadLuck
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this message on my Skype account. The account name was ""
Quote:
Degree in any field.

GET YOUR DIPLOMA TODAY!If you are looking for a fast and effective way to get a diploma,(non accredited) this is the best way out for you. Provide us with degree you are interested in. Call us right now on: For US: 16465371732 Outside US: +16465371732 "Just leave your NAME & PHONE NO. (with CountryCode)" in the voicemail.

Our staff will get back to you in next few days!<<<

I know this kind of thing usually goes in the "Surplus 419 Letters" forum but I think this needs some special attention. Whoever is running this scam has been a busy bee as you can see here.

I'm not quite sure what can be done but this is rather interesting and might be worth investigating.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To me this might look more like spam than 419.

Also this caught my eye:

Quote:

way to get a diploma,(non accredited)

Sorry, but last time I saw such fake diploma offers, usually they say accredited. At least I would think in order to even GET a diploma a college has to be accredited. So, maybe this is a lad then.
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

way to get a diploma,(non accredited)

"We'll give you a diploma, but it won't be valid for anything!"

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
MrBadLuck
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought this was just simple spam too but some of the stuff on the link I provided seems to tell a different tale.

I don't really think this qualifies as 419 but this seems to be some kind of scam that has been going on for a while.

Thought I would share. Would be nice to see something done (especially if s/he is in the US)

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This must have been quite large-scale, I got it on Skype as well - can a lad manage that?

Annoyingly enough, it went through all my privacy settings, so if anybody finds a way to get this guy, let me know Wink

"i nearly got arrested today by the police" - my refugee girlfriend from Dakar
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my favorite movie quotes:

"I can't give you brains, but I can give you a diploma." -- The Wizard of Oz, to the Scarecrow

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
imbenellis
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there,

Well it seems that this thing is turning into something nasty, because i receiveed it too and even though i haven't clicked anywhere it keeps on crashing Skype on my computer.

Actually i didn't even see the message itself. Everytime i relaunch Skype it keeps on going back to the chat window with 'diplomas_here' and crashes before i can even do anything.

If anybody knows what do do, help would be much appreciated because i actually can't use Skype anymore (and i'd like to avoid getting a new account).

Have a nice day!

Ben
kerpeep
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also experienced the repeated crashes after receiving the diplomas_here spam (on a Mac).

I fixed the problem by opening:

Code:
~/Library/Application\ Support/Skype/<your Skype username>/ChatWindows.plist

and removing the
Code:
<dict> ... </dict>
block that includes "diplomas_here". You may also need to reset the <string> after the
Code:
<key>frontChat</key>
to a legit chat.

A full Skype reset would probably do the trick too, but I didn't want to lose my chat history.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic