SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dating/IM scammer-or real person? Leslie Walters LMAO!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scammerslammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3 weeks ago I was contacted by a young woman that got my IM username from a chat room.After many hours of chatting the first day she confided she had some problems,but I had to really pry them out of her.She said she only told me because I seemed caring and genuine.She really has a heartbreaking story.I have talked to her every day for the last 3 weeks,many many many hours.Every day she breaks my heart more because she is in desperate need of some financial assistance.Are you ready for this? This is the strange part.After a week of chatting with her,(she is in London and I am in the U.S.) I OFFERED to send her some money,and she declined! for the last 2 weeks she won't accept any help from me! What kind of scammer is this? She really seems like a sweet genuine young lady but I can't be sure.She says she was born in new Jersey,but went to Germany when her parents died in an accident when she was 12 to live with an uncle who passed away 2 years ago.she is now 26.She now is living at some strange hostel in London by herself.She has never asked me for anything-period! Every day her situation becomes worse,and still she won't take my money? 2 days ago I sent her an offline message saying that if things got too bad for her there I would come and get her,bring her back to the states and she could stay with me and I would take care of her,no expectations or reciprocation,until she gets back on her feet,or as long as she wants as long as she feels comfortable.I can usually spot a scammer a mile away from the misspellings and misuse of words,she has none.She is very intelligent.I have not talked to her today yet,but she says she wants to talk about my offer.I don't know what her response is going to be. What do you think? Is she for real?
has anyone been in contact with Leslie Walters? She says Leslie is her middle name and Walters is her married name.Her real name is Beatrice Karen.Her username on yahoo IM and the dating site from which we met is Waltersheart. I'm not stupid,I'm not going to send her a bunch of money to come here,but if she really is who she says she is I will go to London and get her and bring her back with me if this is what she wants.I have only seen 2 photos of her at this point.I will request more ID from her before I make any decisions.Talk on the phone,address where I can write to her.A live camshot would go a long way in making me trust her a little more.BUT,like I have said,she has never asked me for anything,and has declined financial assistance from me. I have searched all the scammer sites I can find and searched all the names-I cant find a single thing on this girl.I even did a photo search on some of them-never submitted.

UPDATE! Thanks Luckey,the link you gave me for tineye was dead on! it only came back with 1 hit on romancescams.com but it is informative. This is a NIGERIAN scammer! The photos were stolen from seejulie.com. I went to this website and while I did not see the actual photo I used (because there are so many on julie's website) I have no doubt that this was stolen from there.This model has very distinctive features.I was on the website romancescams.com looking for her but didn't find her because the list is so vast,and while her current names aren't listed-it is her-or him,whatever the case may be!

Murry you were dead on! Thanks guys for all your help!!

Now it is MY turn! Now I get to play!!!

THE GRAND FINALE!

Until now we only had instant messenger chat contact.No emails.
Wednesday the 11th she finally asked for money for treatment for a growth
on her lungs.Thursday mornings chat session was really different.She was
very short and to the point,where's the money? She even got angry
and nasty because I tried to change the subject! I could almost
hear the pounding of the keys!This was Thursday morning, Nov,12,2009.
I assured her I would send it as soon as I could on Friday the 13th.
She then said she had to get off and go for treatment.She is supposedly
in the hospital now.That was our last chat session,from now on they
were all emails.

Now keep in mind I am already fully aware of whom I'm dealing with
at this point,I'm just playing the game.

This was my first email contact with waltersheart,Beatrice Karen/
leslie Walters after countless hours of chat on yahoo IM.At this point
she/he thinks I'm going to send 400 british pounds or $661.30 USD
by western union.

Thursday night,nov 12th,2009.
I wrote to her,
Hi Sweetheart,I just can't stop thinking about how much I upset you
earlier.You have no idea how sorry I am and how bad I feel.I don't
want to cause you any more stress than you already have to deal
with. On the contrary,I want to take away all the things causing you
stress and make you smile,to make you the happy person I know
is inside you.I'll do anything to make you happy again.I wish you
could feel what is truly in my heart,then you might really trust in me
and open your heart to me.I know you have some trust issues
because of your ex husband,but I'm not him.I will never hurt you.
I never dreamed the things I said in my offline messages to you
would hurt your feelings,but by your responses to them I know
they did and I can't tell you how much it hurt me to think I caused
you pain.You got very angry and defensive with me,and I don't
want you to feel like you have to be on the defensive with me
ever.If anything is ever going to happen with us there has to be
trust.I know it will take some time because of everything you
have been through,but you have to start somewhere.I wish I
could hold you and take away your fears so you could be more
content with yourself,and with me.I have developed deep feelings
for you Beatrice,and if you will let me in I will show you love like
you have never felt before.Unconditional,unwavering,with no
strings attached.That's who I am.I only hope you can accept it.I
know I'm older than you are,but to me that just means I'm more
mature and more in touch with my feelings,and I'm not afraid to
share those feelings with someone I care about.Someday I hope
you can share your true feelings with me. I know it will take time
but I'm not going anywhere.Well Babe,tonight my only thoughts
are of you and a quick recovery from the hospital.I hope your
resting comfortably. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams Princess, Tom

This was her/his reply,Friday norning,Nov,13th,

Thanks for the wonderful email my dear Tom,it meant a lot to me,
i want to tell you that i am feeling comfortable with you bit by bit,
i hope you will give me some more time to get better with you in
this situation,i am very sure you are a good guy and you care
about me.I do care about you as well and want to share something
intimate with you.Kindly allow me to show you my deepest feeling
as i would like to in person.I am yet to get some news from you as
regards the money i need for my treatment.I miss chatting with you
Tom.

This was number 2 from me,The confirmation of the money transfer
from western union,I thought I'd run his ass up there to look for it.

Friday night,Nov,13th I wriote to her,

Hey Sweetie I missed chatting with you this morning,
I had a little trouble finding a western union around here,but I finally
found one. In Florida the damn things are everywhere.Anyway by
the time you get this the transfer should be there.The info is as follows.

Beatrice Karen
Telehouse, Mile end road,London, E14 2AA
transfer control number 2195 3167 2243
amount $661.30 USD
400 GBP

I hope this helps-Tom

Her reply Saturday the 14th,
Hey hunny bunny,i miss you immensely,i had a trouble with the info
you sent as i was told it does not match with any record they have,
they want me to have a full name of the sender which is your name
as written when you sent the money,the address from where you
sent it from and the mtcn number should be 10digits and not 12
like you sent,kindly cross check and make sure you send all the
correct and complete info this time my dear.Hope you havent
been stressing too much at work,i have been holding things
down with the hope of hearing from you these weekend,i hope
to get out of this place finally this coming week so that we can
chat like we have always done.Be careful and be good my baby.

OOPS! 12 numbers instead of 10? My Bad!! hehehe!!

Finally,my last email went like this Saturday night,

You have just been had by A Baiter! I know all about you!
Your all over the web my friend! I know your in Lago Nigeria-
not London England.Your a smart *DELETED* too,But not as
smart as the master! I ran the photo you stole through a data
base and wow! You popped up all over the place! Your on many
dating websites,with many different names.Many different photos.
Julie from seejulie.com is one hot little bitch with a lot of good
photos.Good choice but easily traceable.How come you never
sent me any naked photos of Julie? She has them on her website?
You had a good story too,you had me going for a minute.That's
about how long it took me to find out you were just some piece
of shit scammer from Nigeria trying to scam guys out of their
money.I played you like a fucking worn out fiddle! How does it
feel to be scammed asshole! Well it's been fun, but game over.

Ciao *DELETED*!

It's Sunday now and there has been NO reply!!!
LOL! [/img]

Last edited by scammerslammer on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you have reason, at least, to have some questions and uncertainty.

From a baiting point of view, I can tell you that I have baited a Romance Scammer who did not ask for any money until six months of correspondence had passed, and I am currently baiting another one who is telling my character all about his financial hardships (and how he has not eaten for three days), and yet also says, 'I am not asking you for money'. I have, however, also baited him with another character previously, and I know that he will suddenly change his mind and ask for money in a few weeks' time.

So refusing money does not rule out the possibility of the correspondent being a scammer.

Nor does good English. I have also baited a Romance Scammer who was actually British-born, and had perfectly good English language skills.

The couple of red flags I can see immediately are:

1. The moving around various countries. Sometimes West African scammers claim they were born in an English-speaking country, and then moved to another non-English-speaking country as a child (or vice versa) to 'explain away' their non-American (or non-British) accent, should they (or their accomplice) one day speak to you on the telephone.

2. The death of close relatives. This is a frequent storyline of scammers, who 'need' to eradicate living relatives who, otherwise, they could turn to for help.

Somebody more expert than myself at looking into whether or not a correspondent might be a scammer will undoubtedly be along a bit later - but, in the meantime, do you have any emails from Leslie? If so, do you know how to access the header information from them?

If not, have a look here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118787

and select the document for the mail programme that YOU are using. If you can post the headers (use the 'Preview' button and pop in a few returns where there are any long long lines, if you can), we might be able to tell whether or not Leslie is truly sending her mails from London. PLEASE look through the header information before you post it, and remove or xxxx-out ALL instances of both your email address and Leslie's email address.

Also: if you are chatting with her today, try and get a telephone number and an address for her. Although I am not in London, I am British, and may be able to check if those are genuine for you.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi scammerslamer. Welcome to Eater. It is not uncommon for romance scammers to delay money requests for a very long time to build trust.

As Branwen said, check her IP to see if she really is where she says she is.

You may also be able to check the pictures to see if they have been lifted from somewhere on the internet. Follow this link to try that. It doesn't always work, but if it turns anything up you'll have your answer.

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi ScammerSlammer,

Along with the red flags that Branwen has mentioned I will add that the use of multiple names is also a red flag.

One thing for you to do is to start doing lots of searches of her information. As Branwen and Luckey have mentioned, look up the IP's for her emails.

A search of Waltersheart shows a hit here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22waltersheart%22&aq=f&oq=&aqi= But I can't get that page to load. The description of the profile it hits on, however, might be of interest:

Quote:
International dating agency for date match romance love sex ... waltersheart. Female, 26, Single. 1 photos. Location: Leonardo, United States. Last activity: more than 3 weeks. 3 Hits. natalyakrasotka. Female, 29, Single ...
markdate.com/?page=37&option=com_search&task=results - Similar

If you have the first contact emails from her you can post them here or do google searches for some of the sentences and phrases to see if they show up anywhere else online.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did manage to get the page to load and it's written in Russian so I'd say this may not be an African.

My Squirrel Senses are screaming "Vlad".

@ scammerslammer.

It's not unusual for Vlads to turn down your first offer of cash. They may take months (or even years in some cases) to groom you if what they are looking for is a really big payout.
She may be balking at taking a couple of hundred off you now when she thinks that she could take thousands from you if she is patient

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I only have a moment so need to rush,

If you would like it checked out you can forward the emails to ralphscamwarnersvictimsupport @ gmail.com (dont forget to close the gaps)

From work I can take a closer look.

From what I can see, I have no hesitation in saying it is a scammer, a very clever and dangerous one at that.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Bird
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure, it is a hard one. Check things good ask her things, check for inconsistencies. Ask her about her husband and above all do an IP trace. The fact that she hasn't asked for money doesn't really mean anything. This could simple be a trick to get your trust .... Also her parents have died which always raise suspicion in me, I've heard it far too many times.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ @Bird, no, it isn't a hard one and I suggest not asking any questions, the standard (and best) advice still stands, do not communicate with this person any longer, cease all contact immediately, ignore any future emails.

I have PMed some information links at Scamwarners for the OP which will help and I have PMed my diresct email address to ensure I receive anything sent to me.

@Slammer, please forward this information and I will find proof for you but more importantly I can make sure a profile is set up at Scamwarners to keep this scammer from stealing from other people.

While the information so far is very vague, I am leaning towards it being a Lad (African) rather than a Vlad (Russian), Vlads rarely say they are in the US / UK or anywhere other than Russia / Ukraine and their English is rarely very good.

The headers may be reliable to tell you where "she" is from but many scammers are turning to Gmail or IP manipulation so you may not get an answer from the header.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic