SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

More on ForteBuilder type schemes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
curlyearl
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=165038
Seems like they have someone who looks for all the anti-scam sites and puts his/her success story up to muddy the waters. This seems fairly common in these type of get-rich-quick schemes. DirectBuy went so far as to buy one of the sites that had over 1000 complaints about it's business practices. Lots of complaints one day, the next-nothing but sunshine stories. Evil or Very Mad
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're interested in MLM's and the inherent corruption etc, I direct you to Eric's really fascinating and free ebook http://www.merchantsofdeception.com/DOWNLOADBOOK.html

Download it and read it for free. Eric used to be a high-ranking Amway guy, he toed the corporate line, he retold the lies, had all the trappings of riches whilst nearly killing himself to keep up appearances. It's well worth a read, and it's all real too.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. I'll read that. I know people who have been involved in these scams and they all lost money. Not much, but only because they didn't have much.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MLM's totally stink - they use myriad thin veneers of respectability, claim that their scam isn't a pyramid because of X, Y, or Z (eg Unilevel Marketing per the thread you linked), yet they all hinge on you make the majority of your money by recruiting others. There are hundreds of these damn things with different coats of paint on them, but mathematically all guaranteed to burn out and only enrich a very few people. Gifting clubs, chain letters, multilevel marketing, empowerment groups, blah blah blah same same same.

There's only a slight difference between these and Ponzi schemes (cheers Bernie!), both depend on a constant and growing pool of people to fleece to pay off the upline chains. Ponzi schemes are flatter, but also depend on investors for growth. There's a certain very litigious *cough* 'church' that operates in the same space - any organisation that depends on systematically fleecing their members is bad in my books!

Enjoy Eric's book, it will be an eye-opener. And it's set in one of the most respectable MLM's, picture the sharks, crooks and cowboys in some of the others...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic