SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This guy a scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
birdfreak
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just came to this site, I've been talking to a guy on and off... he never asked for money really, but we seem to have drifted apart now.

Anyway a couple things made me suspicious, first of all he posts a picture of a cute puppy in his profile... and on top of that he posts a picture of him and he's a great looking guy... so why no girlfriend?

Also once, I said I like a certain video game and he claimed he was wearing that shirt at that moment.

I don't know though, he keeps saying he wants to meet me in real life, and I just don't like that feeling.

He once did claim he didn't have enough money to see me, but didn't out and out ask for money... hmmm...
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

None of those are indicators that he's a scammer.

I'm not telling you for a fact he isn't. I'm just saying that there's not enough information to assume that.

birdfreak wrote:
he's a great looking guy... so why no girlfriend?

Sorry for saying, but that's quite shallow.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater "birdfreak"

As Nick The Cop, has said, There is nothing that you have told us that would indicate a scam.
And the ethic's of baiting are quite clear. I would suggest you first read the "Stickies'' on the subject. Ascertain your talking to a scammer BEFORE you attempt to bait them. If after that your still unsure, Post information on here and ask for an opinion or help, on your new found friend.

Copies of e-mails, a location on where you found him / her, The all important E-mail headers and his user name. Also any photo's they may have sent you.

Most people go through a system of checks, Before they start a bait, If you attempt to bait an innocent person, it makes you know better them the scammers..

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome birdfreak. Smile

The OP never mentioned anything about baiting this person. They were just asking if it seemed like a scam.

I would agree that from the limited info given, there is no way to determine whether it is a scammer or not. That being said, if the OP were to decide to use some of our tactics to try to determine whether or not this person is a scammer, that would hardly be reason to equate the OP with a scammer.

If the OP determines that the person is a scammer the best advice would be to drop the scammer since he has personal info, not check up on ethics before attempting to bait them.

Please don't assume that everyone who posts on the forum does so with intentions of becoming a baiter.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Bird Freak

Welcome to 419eater's romance department.

Our sister site www.scamwarners.com has some great information that may be able to help you determine if the person is a scammer.

Take a look here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607 if you begin to suspect he is a scammer after going through that then please post up some details for us to check it out.

If you are not sure, then you can always email or PM a Scamwarners support team member for help as well

@Nick, while it is a little shallow, it is a great indicator, usually people who look like models are not virgins desperately seeking love on a dating site.

A person who may be older and an average looking person, would be entitled to wonder why an extremely attractive person half their age is in love with them after 2 emails Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ With all due respect, I read nothing about dating sites, age differences, or proclamations of love.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
birdfreak
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Na, I don't really want to scambait, I think I'll just post scam e-mails I get that somehow get past the scam filter, I get those every once in a while.

I also like the idea of messing with the scammers, I am mad at them cause two of my relatives fell for them and got hurt because of it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic