SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

If anyone wants to mess with this AutoTrader scammer...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
matthewmalk248
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This jerkoff is trying to sell a truck using the old fake escrow and I'll ship you the truck. Talk about aiming high, hoping someone will buy a $22,000 truck without even looking at it lol! So if anyone else wants to mess with him before autotrader takes the link down,

I'm messing with him now, saying I am going to buy it...

long link

edit long link - JC
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you have any evidence that this is a scam? As far as I can see, there is nothing that would indicate this on the webpage that you linked to.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
matthewmalk248
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

no need to quote the post directly above - JC

Yes I have plenty of e-mail between myself and this guy but I didn't think I should spam the forums with them. He just e-mailed me saying eBay would be handling the "ownership transfer", and "securing and disbursing the funds" and that he will ship the truck and I should wait 5-7 days after I send the money. He asked me for my address, full name, and phone number to "Start the transaction" I sent him a bogus name/address and he said it's too late in the day to start the transaction now but will do it first thing tomorrow (it was about 11pm in Nigeria when he sent that e-mail hehe)

P.S. He kept delaying me on requesting the VIN, and ended up finally sending me a VIN that matched the model but not the trim of the truck lol
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you could post one or two of the the emails that he sent you with the full headers, it would certainly help to verify that this is a scam.

I would agree that the price seems a bit low for that truck, but it could be someone who needs the cash more than the vehicle.

ETA>> Trim can always be added aftermarket. Wink

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
matthewmalk248
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:

ETA>> Trim can always be added aftermarket. Wink

Trim as in Flareside and not style side, it refers to the back half of the truck looking totally different. .Here are some of the e-mails..

Hello Matt,

I need your full name, address and phone number (for shipping quote).
Also please talk to your bank and find out what exactly you will need when purchasing this vehicle, so that we make the proper arrangements.
Kind regards,
John
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:30:33 -0400
Hi John, just wondering how long would it take to start the arrangements and what you wanted me to do next?

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:20 PM
To: matthewmalk248@xxxxxx
Subject: RE: Owner 64450209: AutoTrader.com: Vehicle Lead 2008 Ford F150

Hello Matt,
VIN: 1FTPW14548KC40984
The financial part of the transaction will be taken care of by eBay. eBay is the independent third party that will be overseeing the inspection ,
ownership transfer, securing and disbursing the funds.They will give you more details once i start the transaction.
You will need to deposit with them and they will keep your money secured.I will not receive the money from eBay until you will inspect and test the car.
After that you will tell them you want the car and they will send me a check. If you dont want the car, you will receive a refund. Its 100% safe for the both of us.
Shipping will be made through DAS and will take 5-7 days. Let me know if you would like to proceed with this and i will start making the arrangements.

Kind regards,
John

P.S. You will receive the car with both keys, maintenance records and manuals and all original paperwork.

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:45:12 -0400
Everything looks great! I love it, can you please reply with the VIN number so I can finalize the loan with my bank? After that I'll head down to you to do a personal inspection, take a quick test drive, and sign the paperwork.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Matt

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 8:42 AM

Hello Matt,

There is stereo available of course. I added it to the listing but for some reason, the option didnt show on.
I have attached a few pictures. Enjoy,
John
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:11:31 -0400
I hear ya, I had to part with my 05' Black FX4 that was my baby a few years ago and have been driving a baby blue minivan since! But I'm ready to get back into the saddle of a super crew this week and came across yours. If you could, please send an under hood shot, an undercarriage shot of the exhaust, and the VIN number as my bank wants it for the final approval on the loan. Other then that it looks like what I've been searching for. I can't believe how hard it is to find a black supercrew in good shape around here. The truck looks like it's been well taken care of and I look forward to keeping it in good care.

P.S. Autotrader lists the stereo as "Unavailable", is it not functioning? Not a big deal as I do have an extra, but just wondering.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
~Matt

Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:18 PM

Hello Matt,

The vehicle is still for sale.
I am sorry that I have to sell the vehicle, its a very nice car but unfortunately it must go.
The car looks like new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no repairs. Never had any paint or body work, it has a clean title history and will pass any smog and safety inspection. Engine is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
The interior has never been smoked in and the wear is second to none
Additional pictures are available upon request. Just tell me what angles you want to see and I will reply with them promptly.
The car is ready for shipping complete with keys, title, service records and original manuals. It will also pass any inspection or smog test.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll provide more info .
Kind Regards,
John

> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 12:16:00 -0400
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Owner 64450209: AutoTrader.com: Vehicle Lead 2008 Ford F150
>
> ***VEHICLE LEAD***
>
> The following lead was generated from AutoTrader.com's web site at http://www.autotrader.com.
> VEHICLE INFORMATION
> Make: Ford
> Model: F150
> Year: 2008
> Price: 21995
> Mileage: 19000
> Body Style: Truck
> Color: Black
> Cylinders: 8 Cylinder
> Transmission: Automatic
> Doors: Four Door
> Stereo: Unavailable
> Description: 2008 Ford F-150 Super Crew 4x4 Roush Stage 3
> All scheduled maintenance, Custom wheels, Fully loaded, Ice cold A/C, Looks & runs great, Maintenance records available, No accidents, Non-smoker, One owner, Runs & drives great, Still under factory warranty, Well maintained.
> * ROUSHcharged 5.4L powertrain system
> * Additional components include ROUSHcharger, intake manifolds, intercooler & radiator, air induction system, ROUSH calibrated ECM and many others - Produces 445hp / 500lb-ft
> * ROUSH Front Chin Spoiler
> * ROUSH Hood Scoop
> * ROUSH Chrome Grille
> * ROUSH Front Window Banner
> * ROUSH Stage 3 Fender & Tailgate Badging
> * ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
> * ROUSH Stage 3 Sport Leather Seating
> * ROUSH Performance Series Instrument Cluster - LARIAT & FX4 MODELS
> * ROUSH Billet Aluminum Pedals
> * ROUSH Stage 3 Serial Badge
> * ROUSH Top Level Only Striping Package
> Power Driver Seat
> Trailer Hitch Receiver
> Sliding Rear Window
> Leather Seats
> Passenger Lumbar
> Bucket Seats
> Rear Seat Heat Ducts
> Locking Rear Differential
> CD Changer
> MP3 Player
> Running Boards
> Transmission Overdrive Switch
> Third Passenger Door
> Fourth Passenger Door
> Intermittent Wipers
> Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers
> Privacy Glass
> Auto-On Headlights
> Auto-Off Headlights
> Fog Lamps
> Power Driver Mirror
> Power Passenger Mirror
> Power Windows
> Tire Pressure Monitoring System
> Cruise Control
> Power Door Locks
> Adjustable Steering Wheel
> Front Reading Lamps
> Driver Vanity Mirror
> Passenger Vanity Mirror
> Auxiliary Pwr Outlet
> Vehicle Anti-Theft System
> A/C
> Auxiliary Audio Input
> AM/FM Stereo
> CD Player
> MP3 Player
> Keyless Entry
> Four Wheel Drive
> Locking Rear Differential
> Front Tow Hooks
> 8 Cylinder Engine
> Gasoline Fuel
> 4-Wheel ABS
> 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
> Power Steering
> Child Safety Locks
> Side Air Bag
> Driver Air Bag
> Passenger Air Bag
> Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> BUYER INFO
> Name: Matthew Malkowski
> E-Mail Address: matthewmalk248@xxxxxx
> Comments: I do have some other questions about the vehicle other then the VIN, please e-mail or call me back ASAP as I'm planning to buy soon.
>
> ~Matt
> Zip Code of Sender: unavailable
>
>
> Fraud Awareness Tips For Sellers:
> http://www.autotrader.com/research/shared/article_popup.jsp?article_id=12125
>
______
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It doesn't strike me as the usual auction site scammer, too much detail about the sale for a start, which scammers never get into.

Photos as well, ok, I've had scammers send them as well, but never ask me if I want diff angles.

Seems reasonably legit to me

I have been wrong before though, often, quite frequently in fact.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
GoNadsGo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MM248 absolutely has a scammer on his hands. I work these autoscammer lads exclusively and can assure all that this is not legit. Apart from the ridiculous pricing, eBay only supports transactions conducted via eBay, never a 3rd party site (Autotrader).

MM248, bait this scammer to the invoice stage…report the account to Alan…wait three days…email eBay ( Rolling Eyes ) and cc the scammer stating that your bank called and the account has been closed/inactive and you need new banking information (account #2), rinse and repeat…

It is very doubtful this scammer is from Nigeria (do you have an IP address?). 95% of the autoscammers I run into are vlads (Romanian and IPs from Prague are very popular...)

I landed a very rare (for me) trophy from an autoscammer last week ~ a notarized bill of sale ~ that I hadn’t signed yet!!! I own one nasty AMG Benz now…woohooo

GNG
Jonas Parker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe you should tell him you ran a CARFAX report and it shows the truck is salvage. Obviously there's a paperwork mixup here...

matthewmalk248
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha just got this e-mail from him

eBay sent this message to "Matt Malk".
Your name is included to show this message originated from eBay.

eBay Motors Payment Invoice #8952126401597

Invoice for VPP Transaction between John Fraser, as the Seller and Matt Malk as the Buyer. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.

Transaction Details

Item: 2008 Ford F150
Date: Aug.19.2009
Price: $22000
Title: Clear
VlN #: 1FTPW14548KC40984
Insurance: Yes
Leesburg, VA 20175
United States
Subtotal: $22000.00
Shipping: $0.00 Shipping Company: DAS Shipping Company, Inc.
Sales Tax: $0.00 Service: DAS Insured International Shipping
Total Due: $22000 Inspection Period: 5 business days

● eBay Motors Verified Seller
eBay Motors VPP checks Seller's identity and vehicle history before starting a transaction.

● Secure Payment
Payment is not released to the Seller without the Buyer's approval under any circumstances.

● Inspection Period
Buyer has 5 days to inspect the vehicle before he approves it. If the vehicle does not match Seller's description, the Buyer will be reimbursed in full

● Refund Period
The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 30 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.

Contact Us

If you need answers to your questions, please fell free to reply to this e-mail or contact us using the link provided below.
Contact Us

Payment Instructions

1. Go to your bank office or access your online bank service.
2. Payment must be submitted via bank-to-bank wire transfer to our Transaction Officer Bank Account bellow.
3. Fax us the receipt at (888) 448-5427 so we may start validating your transfer.
Bank account information:
Bank Name: Bank of America
Bank Address: 4825 E Chapman Ave, Orange CA 92869
Account Number: 2362671633
Routing Number: 026009593
Transaction Officer: Albert Milton (Beneficiary Name)
Insurer Company: Motors Ltd.

When should I pay?

All sellers appreciate quick payment and most ship after receiving payment, so it's good to pay as soon as you receive the invoice.
If you make an online payment, you can just login to your bank account and make the payment using wire transfer to the provided bank account in the invoice.
In order to validate your deposit (payment) we need a tracking number or a faxed copy from the wire transfer receipt.
The payment must be made before the transaction expire (see due date in your invoice).

Payment must be submitted via bank-to-bank wire transfer to eBay Motors Representative Bank Account. eBay Motors will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it is the case, eBay will refund the payment to the Buyer.

o When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than 24 hours. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship the vehicle. Your funds will not be released to the Seller until you have received and inspected the vehicle you are purchasing.
o The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 5 business days to inspect it. If the vehicle is in the condition described, the Buyer should accept the vehicle.
o After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Motors Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the Buyer refuses the vehicle, the refund will be sent to the Buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the vehicle is accepted, eBay Motors Financial Department submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days.
© 1995-2009 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. eBay and the eBay logo are among the registered trademarks of eBay Inc. Kelley Blue Book® and Blue Book® are registered trademarks of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. Other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Some automotive images © eVox Productions LLC, all rights reserved..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic