SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hacked Facebook account - advanced lads?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Phisher Price
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mate was saying her FB account was hacked and that someone was saying to her friends that she was stuck in Wales and was being held at gun point and could her friends give her money (those the scammer was speaking to).

From Facebook:

Quote:
My friend's account has been affected by the "419" scam (someone is using my friend's account to ask for money).
We are currently working with people whose accounts have been affected by "419" scams. Please use caution around messages from friends claiming to be stranded and asking for money.

If you have received a message like this, please enter your friend's account information in this form so that we can make sure your friend's account is secure.

Anyone heard much about this? I was wondering how they got her password as it isn't an easy one to guess, all I can think of is that she has either given it to a mate who has logged in to it and a keylogger was installed on that persons computer or it was phished somehow.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT

Join the most elite club in town and find a business partner: http://www.emillions.net.tc - spread the word Wink
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phisher Price wrote:
that someone was saying to her friends that she was stuck in Wales and was being held at gun point and could her friends give her money (those the scammer was speaking to).

well thats a nice way to discribe the folks in the valleys Confused , i know they aren't exactly the smartest bunch around, but still, i doubt they'd just go around holding people at gunpoint... thank you lads for a beautiful imagery of Wales Confused

also, this is the first i've heard of it on FB, although it happens on e-mail a bit, although i'm sure you already knew that

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
pocket_fisherman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it might be true, whenever i get robbed, i like to update my twitter while its unfolding.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hadn't woken up to it but some people send an application that asks you to disclose your birthday (so they can send you happy birthday wishes Very Happy ) but it's more likely to hack into your account.

Not a good idea to publish your birthday if that's part of the info facebook require in the event of you forgetting your password. I think facebook has been upgraded to make password snaffling more tricky - but beware of strangers asking for your birthday - or lie. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a common scam with hacked email accounts. The scammer emails everyone in the addressbook claiming to b stranded somewhere needing money. Hot usually in such a dangerous place such as Wales though.
Shocked
Usually a phishing exploit and I imagine this is the case here.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
dugdowndeep
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They could have gotten it through her email - especially if she uses aol.

I knew a person online who claimed to be an internet security tech, so there was no way she could be hacked, and that her password was impossible to guess. I bet her I could get her password and I did.

removed email hack "how to" - JC
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This type of scam is getting more common. I have seen several news stories and warnings about it. Here is one from Time magazine, it does cover some of the tools the scammers use to get your password:
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1895740,00.html

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pocket_fisherman:

Laughing Exactly.

Twitter update: I'm being kidnapped and held at gun point in my own house. Can someone bring the police here? Like now!
Facebook's what's on your mind? status: K0K0 is being kidnapped and held at gun point. I don't know what to do and need help. The lad is asking for large sums of cash which I don't have. He seems to be pretty racist too seeing as he thinks all white people are rich.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Exclamation

@ dugdowndeep What you described has been removed. Friend or not, hacking or otherwise unauthorized access to someone's email account is illegal and not up for discussion here, in any context.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless it's encrypted (i.e. not standard letters and numbers) never use the same password especially to personal information. I've only known a couple of people use an encrypted passwords as standard. It's a pity more sites don't allow it though.

I'll never forget my son sitting in front of someone's computer screen while waiting for me and typing in "hello" and getting access to everything on that computer.

At the place I used to work you stould a very good chance of getting into a computer simply by typing "ASTON" or "VILLA" .... dumbasses! But that was before computers could do more than just simple stuff.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic