SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This a Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jugglin'Boi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine got this email. You're the experts, does it look genuine? Normally I'd dismiss something like this instantly but the ammount of money requested seems so small that it almost seems not worth their time if it isn't. (I've told him not to hand over any money unless/until he knows it's real)

Quote:
Hi,

I heard your song, “An Angel” and I am very impressed with it. We are currently working on a benefit compilation CD titled “Industrial Underground”. It will feature up and coming industrial artists from across the scene. I believe that your song would be a perfect fit on this project and I would be honored to have you take part.

My name is Danny Bryant, and I am a project manager with Quickstar Productions, as well as a musician. Quickstar Productions is a company that specializes in designing music-marketing campaigns and supplying digital distribution services for record labels and independent artists. In 2005, Quickstar Productions released its first Comp CD as a way to promote unsigned artists. This CD was extraordinarily successful in accomplishing its mission! Over the years the company has built off that success and perfected a marketing plan to maximize exposure for the artist. Quickstar Productions is based out of Baltimore, MD and is an active member of the Maryland Better Business Bureau with an “A” rating.

“Industrial Underground” is a CD designed to raise money and awareness for the Arbor Day Foundation. Keeping with the spirit of helping our environment this will be a green CD. It will be printed on recycled paper with natural inks. Money raised from this CD will go to help replenish the world’s dwindling forests and to aid in the planting of trees in urban areas. If you would like to learn more about the Arbor Day Foundation please check out arborday com.

We really want this CD to make a difference to our planet, but we also want it to be advantageous to the artists on it as well. Therefore we have designed a complete marketing plan for the CD. “Industrial Underground” will be marketed and made available in the following ways:

1. PHYSICAL SALES: You will receive 50 copies of the CD to sell at whatever price you choose. These will be professionally produced, retail ready CD’s. We recommend selling them for $8. That way you can make $400. You keep 100% of your sales. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a way to target other fans in your genre. The idea is that when each artist sells their 50 copies, the other artists on the CD will have their music exposed to other fans of your genre of music. Therefore, your song will be exposed to many new listeners.

2. DIGITAL SALES: The compilation will be made available for sale in all digital stores including iTunes, Rhapsody, Wal-Mart, Napster, and Amazon. Your song will also be available as a ringtone that your fans may purchase. You will receive 50% of profits generated.

3. EXPOSURE: The CD will be sent to record labels, marketing, and management firms. Along with the CD, a booklet featuring your picture and bio will be made available so they can learn a little bit more about you. In addition, free promo copies will be handed out at concerts in the Baltimore/Washington area. Quickstar Productions will also promote the album through the use of MySpace.

4. RADIO: The CD will be sent to college and internet radio stations and be featured on various podcasts throughout the world.

5. NETWORKING: Developing a network with other musicians is key to one’s success. This comp CD is a chance to do so. You will be provided with all the other artists’ information before the CD is released so that you can start show swapping with one another, networking and helping each other out.

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD please visit our website, Quickstarproductions com, to download the submission forms. We do not charge a fee to be on “Industrial Underground” but we do ask that you purchase 50 CD’s to distribute at cost ($175). That way we can cover the costs of the project so that as large of portion of the proceeds can be donated as possible. This will be the only cost to you. One of the most important parts of this project is getting the CD into the hands of fans. The more CD’s that you are able to distribute the more exposure everyone gets.

Please check out www QuickstarProductions com for more info on this compilation. Since we plan to release this CD as soon as possible, we ask that all submissions be returned by July 1st. If you're interested and you'd like to talk more about the project, feel free to contact me! I try to check Myspace but I'm more easily reachable through e-mail or by phone. Thanks, and I hope to hear back from you soon! We appreciate your interest in helping the Arbor Day Foundation.

Rock on,

Danny Bryant
IndustrialUnderground @ quickstarproductions com
quickstarproductions com

Office 443//552//7058

PS. If you would like to check out the other CD’s we have done they are available on iTunes, Napster, eMusic, Amazon, etc, just search for “Quickstar Productions”.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be a scam, but just as likely to be a legitimate song shark. They prowl Myspace and the like for musicians who need promotion. It's shady but not illegal. For his money your friend will get some cheesy compilation CDs to give away, but usually no money comes in. At my college radio station we got these comps all the time and most of them went straight in the trash. They'll appear on iTunes, sure, but when was the last time you bought something off a cheap comp?

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Jugglin'Boi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nevermid. Found this:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152159&highlight=quickstar

I really should have searched first. Sorry I wasted your time.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem, glad you found what you needed. Welcome to Eater!

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic